IXTL

Dear Bandai, please make a V.2 VF-171 CF with Armor parts/weapons included and I'll easily buy 3 or 4, I really want this one but with all the issues & hassles the current version has, I'll pass for now. B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

i was pretty happy with my luca, and thee is one on sale for about 11000 I think on jungle anime, I would snatch that one.

yeah I saw that one the other day but missed that one.. someone already snagged that it.. But I wanted a new sealed item than something second hand.. I bought one of their others for 15120 yen.

I opened up my CF again earlier today and I'm glad to report that it's still going strong. I did get a scare when I accidentally pushed a triangular piece away from the body but luckily it was a part of the design.

I've heard some were already pre-cracked out of the box, luckily mine were good from a MISB state. . . but I quickly removed them and replaced them with the shapeways copy out of fear. Took the originals off and tucked them back in the box for good measure.

Hi all.

Signed in to check out the broken pics. The CF is my first in this series, and it's had the brittle triangle issue. About to plough through this thread to look for answers, but figured to check in first...

My issue isn't the actual triangle pieces (yet?). There's a third piece sandwich between the triangle bits with a ring to allow a pivot that's all shattered which is my problem (I'll post a pic when I get the chance), haven't seen any reference of that yet. He's a beautiful jet mode. Prone to scratches when playing with it though...

Hi all.

Signed in to check out the broken pics. The CF is my first in this series, and it's had the brittle triangle issue. About to plough through this thread to look for answers, but figured to check in first...

My issue isn't the actual triangle pieces (yet?). There's a third piece sandwich between the triangle bits with a ring to allow a pivot that's all shattered which is my problem (I'll post a pic when I get the chance), haven't seen any reference of that yet. He's a beautiful jet mode. Prone to scratches when playing with it though...

Yeah, I have to admit, I'm tempted to dis assemble all of my Bandai Valks and hit them with some sealant to protect the beautiful paint. I wish bandai used a more durable paint finish or sealed them from the factory.

Thinking I might just keep this in fighter mode. All I liked it for anyway, but the temptation to change him just keeps growing.

Anyway saw the first couple episodes of Frontier. And smiled everytime I saw my toys! Haven't seen it before, just liked the looks of those DX fighters. The canon fodder though, lol, feels like explodng joints are actually the gimmick! Oh yeah, and um is Luca a guy or a girl?

She does have a great personality. And sizeable tracts of land. And glasses.

Basically, the girl people should've gone after instead of getting wrapped up in the Ranka/Sheryl mess. 😉

I liked the purple hair, but omg, the panties episode! Like wtf!

And thanks, I know who Luca is now.

What panties episode??? :ph34r:

Macross Frontier is a clean clean show, ok. And we're not even in Luca's RVF-171 thread to talk about this. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

• 1 month later...

I've been watching Frontier again and my desire for a -171 has once again resurfaced.

I'm not interested in the Alto EX really

I like the Luca RVF but.....

I seriously considered the Maruyama for pre-order

but it's the f**king CF I want the most - with armour (I wish there was an ELINTSEEKER type)

My eyes are OPEN regarding the flaws with the original toy.

I know the armour parts are 6.5-7k yen but how much do you think I should be paying for the CF Valk AMIB (Allegedly Mint in Box)

My plan is for it to be a fighter mode only display piece.......

As long as you keep it in fighter mode forever, you've got a good chance of never running into any problems, short of the shoulder triangles cracking. But if you plan on never moving the arms, you can glue the pieces in place, and not worry about it, or even replace them with printed Shapeways parts.

Will the VF-171 CF explodes if you try to put the armor parts on?

YES!!! it will! There is even a warning sticker on the box about personal injury and possible loss of fingers in the explosion! :o

But seriously.. I have a (very) 2nd hand one and the armors went on and off without any issues. You should be pretty safe. ^_^

YES!!! it will! There is even a warning sticker on the box about personal injury and possible loss of fingers in the explosion! :o

But seriously.. I have a (very) 2nd hand one and the armors went on and off without any issues. You should be pretty safe. ^_^

The triangle already cut my finger once. I need leather gloves for this operation.

Now I can put on those 171 armor parts which I don't have yet with no worries.

As long as you keep it in fighter mode forever, you've got a good chance of never running into any problems, short of the shoulder triangles cracking. But if you plan on never moving the arms, you can glue the pieces in place, and not worry about it, or even replace them with printed Shapeways parts.

Yeah that's the general idea alright but is there much movement of the arms required to get the armour on?

Fingers crossed. Edited by Moosey

Mine now lives in fighter mode.. will stay that way FOREVER!!! ;) and if it ever blows up, falls to bits or begins to disintegrate then its going in the bin.

Mine now lives in fighter mode.. will stay that way FOREVER!!! ;) and if it ever blows up, falls to bits or begins to disintegrate then its going in the bin.

Which bin is that, Spanner? Storage or Garbage? :rolleyes:;)

You know what, since you have multiples, why not rebuild the broken one for a diorama purposes with explosion lightup effect? You know, VF-27 vs VF-171, CF vs CF? ;)

I kept mine in battroid mode since I got them, I think they are staying that way as I am scared to destroy them on the transformation back to fighter. On the plus side though, I have never really enjoyed playing with the 171's anyway bu they look nice though.

Not much at all, Moosey. You have to move the legs out of position to get the leg armor on but the stuff up top just clips onto the arms. Same goes for the chest armor.

Yeah that's the general idea alright but is there much movement of the arms required to get the armour on?
Fingers crossed.

Not much at all, Moosey. You have to move the legs out of position to get the leg armor on but the stuff up top just clips onto the arms. Same goes for the chest armor.

Ok thanks, perfect time to spank some cash on a self destruct device with the VF-4G re-issue on the horizon!

Just pulled the trigger on a CF-171 and armoured parts from Jungle. Wish me luck!!! :ph34r:

Question: is the Macross Frontier song "trianlger" actually referencing this toy? :p

Edited by Moosey