IXTL

Site's down.

Not sure to pull the trigger on this one anyway, I like the valk a lot, but I'm speculating that Bandai will hear our prayers and release a RVF-171 Lucca custom this year

Just buy both of them.

I like the price of Bandai Valks now compare to yamato's and Bandai Valks also come with a stand. Does Yamato Valks come with a stand too?

Does Yamato Valks come with a stand too?

Generally no. Only 4 releases came with stands in the past (SV-51 Nora, Ivanov, Mass Production ver. and the original release of the YF-21).

Since then, all Yamato 1/60 valks have not come with stands. They are only packed with adaptors to fit a couple of Yamato stands that are out of production (Launch Arm stand and Mighty Block stand).

Just buy both of them.

I like the price of Bandai Valks now compare to yamato's and Bandai Valks also come with a stand. Does Yamato Valks come with a stand too?

I would if I could. Shipping one of this toys to this side of the world cost me over twice the retail price, it's just too much to have two of a kind, at least for me.

That thing looks awesome, but I already have the Alto version and I don't really want two. Haven't touched the Alto so maybe I can trade with someone...

I may trade one with ya when i got 171CF in April. I live in US...If u are interested, we should keep in touch through the PM on the forum.

Nobody here managed to get a VF-25g from HLJ I don't think. All of a sudden the page popped up sold out. People stalked it for weeks with no luck. Pretty sure there was no discounted off pre-order period either.

Not sure if the original pre-order window for HLJ on the 25-G was more, but I was able to get one a few weeks ago for 13,300 JPY which was 5% off of retail.

Re: the 171 Cannon Fodder I've been watching AmiAmi for the inevitable re-opening of orders as well as HLJ.

-b.

Nobody here managed to get a VF-25g from HLJ I don't think. All of a sudden the page popped up sold out. People stalked it for weeks with no luck. Pretty sure there was no discounted off pre-order period either.

I did managed to get a VF-25G when HLJ first open it for preorders. HLJ gives a 5% discount whether on preorder or when it was released. The YF-29 on the other hand, I only got one after it was released from HLJ.

Do u think HLJ will have good pre-order discount like AmiAmi?

HLJ's discounts for DX Chogokin valks are minimal compared to other major Japanese online retailers like Amiami or Hobby Search.

Usually about 5% off or so.

Did the valk has the same discount as pre-order discount when people bought one on AmiAmi after it has released?

Amiami upped the price of the VF-25G after release (surprisingly, there was balance stock after the pre-orders). Pre-order price was 10,290 yen, release price was 13,960 yen.

Edited by IXTL

I may trade one with ya when i got 171CF in April. I live in US...If u are interested, we should keep in touch through the PM on the forum.

Cool. I think I like the CF colors better. Now FYI I did open the box to check the goods, and I remember I had to cut like two pieces of tape. But the toy is untouched. Just wanted you to know in case that's a deal breaker.

Edited by danth

For sure. I can't believe they "limited" this to 10 per customer. Some people definitely bought ten.

I don't think they actually did. I've seen a few limited items recently that would allow you to select up to 10 but when you actually place it in the cart the qtys were reduced. I do hope this is the case with this release as well, I can see someone wanting a few for themselves but anyone buying 10 would simply be scalping and I would hope HLJ would prevent that. But who knows...I tried to buy three and being bumped down to 1 could be what happened to everyone else or maybe I just got the last one and that's why my qty changed...

How much was it on HLJ?

I don't think they actually did. I've seen a few limited items recently that would allow you to select up to 10 but when you actually place it in the cart the qtys were reduced. I do hope this is the case with this release as well, I can see someone wanting a few for themselves but anyone buying 10 would simply be scalping and I would hope HLJ would prevent that. But who knows...I tried to buy three and being bumped down to 1 could be what happened to everyone else or maybe I just got the last one and that's why my qty changed...

The number was reduced because other people placed a large order and removed the quantity available to you.

The number was reduced because other people placed a large order and removed the quantity available to you.

Yes I understand how that can happen. Let me clarify what I meant. back in November when HLJ had the Bandai clearance sale they had the Soul of Popy Swordfish II from Cowboy Bebop on sale for 3,840 Yen, less than half it's regular prince of 8,000 yen. I wanted to buy 6 of these (several as gifts and a couple for me); there was no limit on stock and the default pull down menu allowed up to ten to be added to the cart. However when you went into the cart it would reduce your qty to 4. If you went back and added more it still reduced your qty to 4 in the cart. I placed my order and the item was still in stock afterwards so it wasn't like I was fighting for units with other customers. They continued to be in stock for a couple days after that.

Either way I just sent them an email asking for a clarification regarding the Valks and will report back if they reply.

Yes I understand how that can happen. Let me clarify what I meant. back in November when HLJ had the Bandai clearance sale they had the Soul of Popy Swordfish II from Cowboy Bebop on sale for 3,840 Yen, less than half it's regular prince of 8,000 yen. I wanted to buy 6 of these (several as gifts and a couple for me); there was no limit on stock and the default pull down menu allowed up to ten to be added to the cart. However when you went into the cart it would reduce your qty to 4. If you went back and added more it still reduced your qty to 4 in the cart. I placed my order and the item was still in stock afterwards so it wasn't like I was fighting for units with other customers. They continued to be in stock for a couple days after that.

Either way I just sent them an email asking for a clarification regarding the Valks and will report back if they reply.

Thanks for sending the email and sharing the info.

I never quite figured out how HLJ's order system works--as you said, sometimes invisible limits apply. However, if the limit is invisible, you usually can place a second order increasing your total number of items ordered.