ROBOTECH- VALKYRIE PROYECTO

Why are you trying so hard to hate on something that's FAN MADE?

As a matter of fact I think I'll direct you to the readers digest version of what Exo told you in The Walking Dead thread. Don't like it? Leave.

Maybe because it's setting the bar so low for a full budgeted release it's irritating to see so much praise.

I get it, it's the only thing there is, so it's liked. This is different then my quarrels with WD. I'm not hating on "it".

I could write a book on the things done wrong, I could write an essay on the fact when people say it's " fan made"

It means just give it a pass. Maybe because I work in the industry it's disheartening to see something so soulless get

So much praise while others get left behind, simply because it's "fan made".

Even still, Canon aside, R vs M aside, Fan Made aside, if this didn't have "robotech" attached to it, no one would give a crap.

And that's the sad fact. It's just like the ol' GIJoe fan movies, they were terrible, but since they had elements, and had "GIJOE"

In the title, how dare you criticize!

Whatever.

Maybe because it's setting the bar so low for a full budgeted release it's irritating to see so much praise.

I get it, it's the only thing there is, so it's liked. This is different then my quarrels with WD. I'm not hating on "it".

I could write a book on the things done wrong, I could write an essay on the fact when people say it's " fan made"

It means just give it a pass. Maybe because I work in the industry it's disheartening to see something so soulless get

So much praise while others get left behind, simply because it's "fan made".

Even still, Canon aside, R vs M aside, Fan Made aside, if this didn't have "robotech" attached to it, no one would give a crap.

And that's the sad fact. It's just like the ol' GIJoe fan movies, they were terrible, but since they had elements, and had "GIJOE"

In the title, how dare you criticize!

Whatever.

:rolleyes: Yeah, write a book… yet you do nothing but armchair quarterback… and these guys have done something anybody can see. There is a world of a difference betweeen saying something and actually doing something :lol:

:rolleyes: Yeah, write a book… yet you do nothing but armchair quarterback… and these guys have done something anybody can see. There is a world of a difference betweeen saying something and actually doing something :lol:

Again, giving it a pass because you like the name.

Throwing insults to me because I'm critiquing a video?

Really? You don't know me, you can't judge me because I haven't put my work up.

They have...

They have...

How is something fan-made setting a bar low? Experten had better stop those silly little Macross toys of theirs otherwise we won't be able to spot the mediocre Bandai and Arcadia stuff? Really? I think you're doing just the opposite, it gets zero pass from you specifically because you don't like the name.

There is a difference between a "critique" and saying "this is a piece of crap." You've only insulted what they've done. And if it is the case it's critique then everyone was merely critiquing your posts. As a matter of fact they have judged you by your work. The very little bit of work you've put into complaining about a free video you don't have to watch.

I have a laundry list of things wrong with these videos too. I did state I think the VF-1 model used is a mistake. I'll tell you right now that referencing Eve seems like a big issue, but then I've never been big on techno-mysticism type stuff (perhaps they will surprise me.) Setting it in Argentina seems a bit silly but whatever, it's not like we haven't been highly American-centric with our entertainment and nobody here, or in Japan with Macross, have come closer to doing something like this live. In the end it doesn't matter. They're having a bit of fun and not selling me anything, I lose nothing for appreciating what effort they have put in.

You're getting me wrong on the account I hate the name, to the contrary, I love Robotech as much as I love macross because it's all the same basic centerline. (Only talking about the first season here). That's why I have so much passion against this kind of stuff, it minimizes what is a great story. I get what they are trying to do, but it's changing things that shouldn't be changed, and not changing things that need to be in order to make it relevant to anyone other than RT.com.

I guess the push is on to get something done before WB has a chance to ruin everything that could be great.

A fan based video doesn't automatically get a "pass"

What "fan based" does is let us know that there is no multimillion dollar budget behind it, no large state of the art computers and staff to run it, no art directors, producers, consultants etc... behind it. Just someone, or people, who are fans putting what skills they have. It doesn't mean they are professional animators that do this day in and day out 12 hours a day.

So, it just means that we can be forgiving on some of the mistakes they make.

Now, if the animation looked like it was done in the 90's, and people "loved" it, then I would agree that it was all about the name. Since it's not, it's a genuine attempt to do something Hollywood hasn't done. I have little hope for a live action Robotech any time soon. so, for now, I will get my fix with this one.

They have...

That's true, dude; you haven't put your work up and I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure that would rise the bar so high!

For some reason I have this nagging feeling that all of this seems to be going through way too easily. Maybe it's from past experience hearing about other fan productions that never got the chance to get this far due to behind the scenes stuff, but I keep thinking somewhere down the line something is going to pop up about this production that will change the perspective on this project in a bad way.

If the potential to make some cash out of it is there, I'm sure HG will probably take legal action, or ask for some sort of royalty fees. Especially if that WB film finally gets off the ground.

Can HG profit with the fan work? What if they put this short in some DVD-Anniversary edition or whatever without paying those guys any money?

If the potential to make some cash out of it is there, I'm sure HG will probably take legal action, or ask for some sort of royalty fees. Especially if that WB film finally gets off the ground.

For a while I've wondered what it really took for HG to ok this, behind the scenes of course, when they seemed very protective about their property in the past. It just seems too simple for them to let this go without some sort of catch.

"...The lure of illicit, Nazi gold...payment in exchange for production freedom. Offered by unseen benefactors, who are actually a remnant vanguard of escaped, Third Reich collaborators...from an obscure mountain villa in Argentina... "

"...The lure of illicit, Nazi gold...payment in exchange for production freedom. Offered by unseen benefactors, who are actually a remnant vanguard of escaped, Third Reich collaborators...from an obscure mountain villa in Argentina... "

??????????

??????????

Its a reference to the lost nazi gold of WWII. Studies done after the end of the war showed that of all the valuables the nazi's looted during their control over Europe only about 1/3 to 1/2 was ever recovered. This coupled with the fact that several nazi party members and sympathizers fled europe for asylum in Argentina to avoid war crime tirbunals and executions. The story goes that they used looted valuables to bribe officials and start new lives in south america as wealthy business people.

Its a reference to the lost nazi gold of WWII. Studies done after the end of the war showed that of all the valuables the nazi's looted during their control over Europe only about 1/3 to 1/2 was ever recovered. This coupled with the fact that several nazi party members and sympathizers fled europe for asylum in Argentina to avoid war crime tirbunals and executions. The story goes that they used looted valuables to bribe officials and start new lives in south america as wealthy business people.

Yes, I've heard the story, but that has to do with the Fan film?

Harmony Gold and The Nazis? Go on...

OffTopic: My Grandfather always tell us the story about a german submarine in the Rio de la Plata River and the mens who disembark in the shore in winter clothing, despite the fact that was summer here.

Edited by Gerli

Figured that would happen. It's strange though, cause HG was supporting this project based on how they mentioned it in their convention "tour". I guess the idea that a fan film is doing more for the franchise than the HG staff brought up too many questions as to what they're actually doing over there, and decided to shut the noise down. Really unfortunate for HG, as they seem to be killing off their own fan hype. Lesson learned, DON'T DO ANYTHING FOR ROBOTECH!!!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Is it ok if we call Harmony Gold douche bags on this site? if that's the case that it's shut down bc the fan film is doing more for franchise than official HG staff,

it reminds me of the worse leadership management guy i worked with. Some pissing lazy manager wouldn't do anything and everyone is complaining for lack of growth of the company but whenever someone under him would come up with bright ideas to grow, the manager would let him run with it giving no support or cover if it fails. unless it becomes successful and then he gets jealous and tries to control or changes his mind shut it down.

i despise people like that. HG you're that prick.

According to the Argentine production company's Facebook page....A cease and desist notice has been issued to Robotech: Project Valkyrie by Harmony Gold.

https://www.facebook.com/RobotechValkyrieProject

"Surprisingly received this morning, a C & D (cease and desist) (cease and desist) for the rights to Robotech which is owned by Harmony Gold and we have to take down all links of the project, including this page. We're now looking into the details and try to reach an agreement to end the 3rd episode. All project team felt very proud to have done this, and with the support of Harmony Gold. We deeply regret not being able finish at this time, but we will keep you informed through various fan sites. WANT TO THANK ALL THE SUPPORT THAT YOU GAVE."

HG sucks!