All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

EA hopefully will learn someday....

Anyone preorder the Bravely Default collectors edition?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/30/5353206/bravely-default-flying-fairy-review-headstrong

I didn't preorder it, no. With the buttloads of snow we've had, I can't be bothered to leave the house, nor trust that UPS won't say "screw it".

If I can dig my way out of the 7" they're calling for tonight by Friday, though, I planned to go to the store and pick up a regular copy.

EA hopefully will learn someday....

The said we will learn from this when Sim City came out and burned people. They said it again when BF4 came out and crashed (literally). If Titanfall turns out to be a winner that it looks like, then I expect it to go downhill with sequels as long as EA is still the distributor. And that's just last year's big releases. EA's record is well known.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The said we will learn from this when Sim City came out and burned people. They said it again when BF4 came out and crashed (literally). If Titanfall turns out to be a winner that it looks like, then I expect it to go downhill with sequels as long as EA is still the distributor. And that's just last year's big releases. EA's record is well known.

yeah, i remember you got burned w/ bf4... i wouldn't trust them unless they proved with at least 2 releases in a row that they stopped those b.s. rushing tactics. release now skip QA make money and fix later...

I didn't preorder it, no. With the buttloads of snow we've had, I can't be bothered to leave the house, nor trust that UPS won't say "screw it".

If I can dig my way out of the 7" they're calling for tonight by Friday, though, I planned to go to the store and pick up a regular copy.

damn i forgot all about the collectors edition and have to wait till release to get lucky.

As azrael said, EA will never learn. It's not the companies fault, its the consumers fault for continuing to buy their unfinished products for full price and embracing the free to play/pay to win games model. I don't hate EA, they do bring out good games every now and again.

Guest davidwhangchoi

more titanfall bits: for those PC users who are interesting in taking a risk with this game

minimum PC requirements:

• CPU: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Video: 512 MB VRAM, Radeon HD 4770 or GeForce 8800GT

https://twitter.com/vincezampella/status/430808417867821056

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So, Ace Combat: Infinity has a demo/beta up for download on PSN. Looks like about 4-5 missions total, but I only ran the training intro, and the single player campaign intro, which was two fairly short missions.

The Good: Old fashioned AC combat is back, more like AC0 than AC6. Still some oil splatter if you fly through an explosion too close, but why would you want to do that? :p The opening tutorial in an F-4E uses a remixed AC5/AC4 track for the music, gave me goosebumps.

The Potentially Bad: Seems they're prepared to fully go down the microtransaction rabbit hole. The development tree looks more like something out of an RPG, (actually sort of similar to Macross 30) with multiple systems and aircraft upgrades that you can upgrade to tune up a lower level aircraft. Also looks like there's plenty of spots to buy little add-ons with cash to do assorted things like add extra missions and paintschemes.

All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't give a crap about the online content, but if I can get a nice single player campaign out of the game with some enjoyable missions, and don't have to actually level grind my planes in online battles to progress, I'll be satisfied. The potential for custom aircraft configurations is nice, and the game world seems like an interesting mashup of Strangereal and real life (the training tutorial is over San Diego, and the first mission is over Tokyo).

I'll be interested to see how things pan out with it. I just hope they don't kill the game with microtransactions and DLC.

Edited by Chronocidal

It's too early to tell anything really, so that might still be the case. The beta just looks like the hangar is integrated between modes, so anything used/earned/bought for multiplayer would also apply to the single player modes.

That on it's own though is a whole 'nother can of crap. While I imagine there will probably be a way to unlock everything through single player, it also has the potential to turn the game into an aircraft mmo grindfest, and throw any kind of multiplayer balance out the window once people start to cashwhore their way to winning in online battles.

Well, my ratio's pretty low compared to what it used to be:

FFX played many times

FFX-2 played once

FF11 pass

FF12 played once

FF13 played once

FF13-2 pass

FF14 pass

FF13-3 will play once

FF1 through 9---played each several times. (never did beat 2 though---but sure tried on multiple systems---it's just tedious)

Guest davidwhangchoi

the hd remaster of ff-X /X-2 will be some more play throughs for me for X but never finished x-2 so it'll give me a chance to revisit it

i'm going to dodge lightning 100 times for that weapon :unsure:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Well, my ratio's pretty low compared to what it used to be:

FFX played many times

FFX-2 played once

FF11 pass

FF12 played once

FF13 played once

FF13-2 pass

FF14 pass

FF13-3 will play once

FF1 through 9---played each several times. (never did beat 2 though---but sure tried on multiple systems---it's just tedious)

See, I've played FF1, FF4, FF5, and FF6, and FF7 multiple times through to completion. I've played FF3 to completion once, and have started it several other times but always got sidetracked and never finished those subsequent times. I've played FF8, FF9, and FFX to completion once each, and I've never even tried to replay any of them (although I'd consider replaying FF9). I've played but couldn't get into FF2 and FFX-2, so I never finished. I played and actively disliked FF12 and 13 and quit in disgust on both of those. So, they haven't made a FF that wasn't a remake that I've liked enough to even consider playing multiple times in 12 years, and one I even liked enough to finish in over a decade.

It's responses like this which make me worry about Titanfall and its future under EA publishing. EA Defends BF 4, SimCity Launch Efforts, Discusses Future

And videos of Titanfall-beta should be showing up. You can still join, but registration is filling up quickly.

I do like the "Epilogue" feature. At least my round lost doesn't feel that bad, assuming I can haul-ass and get out of the combat zone.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I just read the article linked... it's kind of like they never learned.... wow.. i'm hopeful titanfall is going to differ. they spent several years on it without having the pressure of being sandwiched between sequels and keeping up with COD as DICE had to.

let's hope respawn still has the quality from the cod 4 days. i'm not sure if i'm going to buy an xone for just for this or get it on pc

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I bought Lightning Returns last night. I'm finding it to easily be the hardest Final Fantasy game ever, not including the high-level content in XI or XIV.

There's an easy setting, but I went right for normal and don't plan on quitting, despite the difficulty.

So far in the history of me and Final Fantasy games, VIII is the only one that I hated and never completed.

Yup this quote shows the EA mentality and why they will never change.

"But I’m not willing to accept – and I don’t think most of my customers are willing to say – “it’s a bad product, I wish I didn’t buy it.” That’s not the conversation we’re having now. I think what we’re hearing is, “You made a game we really liked. We would’ve liked it a little better if it didn’t have these problems.” Many of those problems we can fix, and we have and will." -Rich Hilleman

They spent several years on it without having the pressure of being sandwiched between sequels and keeping up with COD as DICE had to.

While true they also have to put up with programming for a new console and making an over hyped shooter which will hopefully sell X1's. Microsoft and EA are likely sitting on each shoulder and telling them to cut corners to get it out.

Edited by dizman

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yay... i finally tracked one down today calling 5 gamestops. i ended up paying 45 bucks after using a 10 gamestop coupon i got from gamestop rewards points:

photo21_zpsdee5b401.jpgphoto11_zps7d388e53.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

From the latest Famitsu

taken from polygon:

"Yakuza (Ryu ga Gotoku): Restoration (9/10/10/10, 39 out of 40 points): This latest addition to the Yakuza series impressed many of the editors with its portrayal of well-known Yakuza-series characters in the roles of famous historical figures such as Sakamoto Ryoma and Saito Hajime. "Like other entries in the series,Restoration excels at recreating a town environment full of shops and characters to interact with," wrote editor Rolling Uchizawa. Editor Jigoro Ashida praised the graphics and quick loading times of the PS4 version."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/12/5404096/japan-review-check-knack-resogun-yakuza-restoration

damn you sega!!! why did you stop bringing this to the west. bring us yakuza 5 and then this!!!

PS3 vs. Ps4 comparision

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yay... i finally tracked one down today calling 5 gamestops. i ended up paying 45 bucks after using a 10 gamestop coupon i got from gamestop rewards points:

Can't really tell from your photo... what's in the collector's edition? I just waltzed into my local Target on release day, saw that they had the regular edition in stock, and bought it. I haven't put a ton of time into it, maybe 7 or 8 hours so far. It's a little bit tough at first, until you get a full party, a few levels, and a couple of jobs. I'm around 17 now, and I get through most non-boss fights with a monk, knight, white mage, and black mage, by using setting it up so that the monk and the knight brave and get four attacks in the first turn, then setting it to auto battle. That's enough to win most of the encounters where I'm at in the first turn, so the game practically plays itself.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Can't really tell from your photo... what's in the collector's edition? I just waltzed into my local Target on release day, saw that they had the regular edition in stock, and bought it.

I haven't opened it yet but i watched a ign unboxing vid and it comes with an art book, 34 AR cards, and a CD soundtrack. i read the euro collector's included all this plus a statue.

i just looked on ebay and they're going for 100 bucks! man, this is like Mass Effect 1's collectors edition, i'm afraid to devalue it by opening it :wacko:

looks like i'm going to have to buy an vanilla copy now that the value has sky rocketed.

Guest davidwhangchoi

titanfall dev tells microsoft to fix xbox one controllers and helps them..

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/12/5403598/microsoft-will-update-the-xbox-one-controller-for-less-twitchy-aim.

it looks like respawn is helping microsoft not only with their controllers but with xone's upscaler to 1080p. it makes respawn look competent while MS look helpless.

maybe TitanFall will be ready after all... maybe..... here's hoping.

now as for the PC port, i'm less positive with the QA

it looks like respawn is helping microsoft not only with their controllers but with xone's upscaler to 1080p. it makes respawn look competent while MS look helpless.

We knew MS was helpless. Just look at Windows Phone.

As for the resolution...this article will probably explain some things.

I bought Lightning Returns last night. I'm finding it to easily be the hardest Final Fantasy game ever, not including the high-level content in XI or XIV.

There's an easy setting, but I went right for normal and don't plan on quitting, despite the difficulty.

So far in the history of me and Final Fantasy games, VIII is the only one that I hated and never completed.

For me, it was XIII. And I say that after getting to the final boss and after repeated attempts, said "F$#% it!" and shipped the game back to GF.

I've completed VII and VIII multiple times. IX about 3 times. I only beat FFX once and gave up on XII and XIII. I also beat FFVI once.

I got my Titanfall beta key and will be doing a few rounds over the weekend if time permits.

So lucky man! I signed up within a few minutes of the registration opening, but haven't gotten a beta key. Was looking forward to trying it out (I already pre-ordered and paid for it, but I wanna see if it stands up to the hype before actually committing to purchasing it).

So lucky man! I signed up within a few minutes of the registration opening, but haven't gotten a beta key. Was looking forward to trying it out (I already pre-ordered and paid for it, but I wanna see if it stands up to the hype before actually committing to purchasing it).

I didn't sign up until this week surprisingly. I didn't notice but they dropped the pre-order requirement for the PC-version. I may consider recording some beta gameplay but there are enough of those on Youtube right now.