All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

16 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Yes, as a lot of people saying, it does feel like a Far Cry Primal 2 at times, but it definitely does it's own thing and is very, very much an Avatar game.

Ironically, that's what's keeping me from picking it up. I like the Far Cry games a lot, even if the series peaked with 4. I really don't like Avatar, though.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

My best friend bought himself a PS5 for Christmas. Although we are both gamers since we were kids we are not very familiar with the PS5 software catalogue. What do you think are the best titles released so far? Any killer apps? Thank you in advance for all your suggestions. 

The Spider-Man trio, the pair of God of War games, Ghost of Tsushima, and Gran Turismo 7 would be my personal top PS5 exclusives.

3 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

My best friend bought himself a PS5 for Christmas. Although we are both gamers since we were kids we are not very familiar with the PS5 software catalogue. What do you think are the best titles released so far? Any killer apps? Thank you in advance for all your suggestions. 

If you like cats, then I’d suggest Stray

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

The Spider-Man trio, the pair of God of War games, Ghost of Tsushima, and Gran Turismo 7 would be my personal top PS5 exclusives.

The system came with GT7 and i do have to say it's really beautiful.  the other ones sound like something we both could enjoy very much. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West are both fantastic, you can probably get the loaded GOTY version of Zero Dawn for dirt cheap too, FFVII Remake is great as well, sequel comes out at the end of February. 

FFXVI is visual feast for the PS5.  It's definitely a more action oriented RPG compared to something more traditional like the Tales series.  I found the story quite enjoyable, but the "crafting" element is useless imo.  In any case, it's a great title to showcase the PS5's visual prowess, especially with the boss battles.

12 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

Thanks, talking about R.P.G. what about  Tales of arise? I heard great things about it and it seems more JRPG oriented than most of other titles release so far.

Oh, so we're not just talking about PS5 exclusives?

Tales of Arise is alright.  I have a friend who's into the Tales games who seems to think it's one of the better ones.  Personally, I have a hard time getting into them.  I tried Arise, and it's very anime, which is cool if you're into the story, but also kind of on the easy side and very linear.

If you want really good JRPGs, go for Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal.

19 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

FFXVI is visual feast for the PS5.  It's definitely a more action oriented RPG compared to something more traditional like the Tales series.  I found the story quite enjoyable, but the "crafting" element is useless imo.  In any case, it's a great title to showcase the PS5's visual prowess, especially with the boss battles.

Yes, i saw some clips and it's really impressive. Heard mixed reviews about it but if i had a PS5 i would definitely buy it.

2 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

I was convinced Tales of arise was a PS5 exclusive. Good to know, since i don't own a PS5 I might look into that. Thank you for your input anyway.

Tales of Arise is on PC and Xbox as well. The Persona games I mentioned are in PS4/5, Xbox, PC, and Switch.

16 hours ago, Big s said:

I guess I was wrong, I just remember all the adds when it came out pushing it for PS5

It was a timed exclusive, they never put the "timed" part in ads, that doesn't create FOMO that pushes better sales numbers for the company that bought the timed exclusivity. 

9 hours ago, Tking22 said:

It was a timed exclusive, they never put the "timed" part in ads, that doesn't create FOMO that pushes better sales numbers for the company that bought the timed exclusivity. 

Ok, that’s probably where I got the idea that it was an exclusive title

• 3 weeks later...

With Dragons Dogma 2 dropping in just a couple of months I grabbed Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen for Series X for $4.70, to this day this game holds up as one of the greatest action RPGs of all time, it's still incredible. It's certainly dated in a few ways, graphics for sure, but damn the gameplay, RPG elements, companions/pawns, character building and progression are phenomenal, it's still such an absolutely stacked RPG well beyond many modern games.

Highly recommended if you've never tried it but seen people gush about it for years, it's an incredible game that has tons of replay value, and the combat is just insanely fun. Dragons Dogma 2 seems to improving on the original game in every way so I'm insanely hyped, I'll be grabbing that instead of FFVII Rebirth for sure, I'll check that out eventually, part 1 was just okay. 

53 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I'll be grabbing that instead of FFVII Rebirth for sure, I'll check that out eventually, part 1 was just okay.

Yeah, while I liked the more cinematic feel and some of the stuff they added to part 1, in a lot of ways I felt like the pacing was just way off, like they were really trying too hard to stretch the handful of opening hours in the original into a 60 hour game.  I also didn't really care for how they turned the turn-based party combat of the original into an RPG-lite button masher... but then again, I've always preferred the NES/SNES Final Fantasy games to the PSone/PS2 games, and I haven't even bothered to play one of the numbered FF games after X.

The only actually-exclusive PS5 game they showed off at State of Play that grabbed my attention is Stellar Blade.  Everything else I'm either not interested in or I'll play on PC (or, in the case of that Ghostbusters one, Meta Quest).

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

it's free on gamepass 

also PalWorld is free too

True, but I'm going to buy the Steam version in the desperate hope that it motivates Atlus to port Shin Megami Tensei V to PC. In a perfect world they'd remaster IV and Apocalypse, too, but porting 3DS games to other systems is always going to be more work to alter the interface for a single screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Would have preferred the X-Men arcade beat-em up over a SNES game, but I get that it's a licensing thing (Capcom developed the SNES game before all the arcade fighters, and Konomi developed the '92 arcade game).

29 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

That's pretty awesome, I'll definitely pick it up.

Almost as awesome as this:

Shin-Megami-Tensei-V-Vengeance-1-scaled.jpg.ec5228636c273e8931037232f0a002ca.jpg

https://personacentral.com/smt-v-vengeance-announcement/

Finally, I 've been begging Atlus for SMT:V on PC ever since they ported SMT 3!  That alone would be fantastic news, but they're effectively doubling the length of the game by calling the original story "Canon of Creation" and adding a remixed version called "Canon of Vengeance", too, that starts the same but significantly alters the story further in.  Toss in 40 more demons, some quality of life tweaks, and all the DLC from the original Switch release, and even more DLC to come, and this could be my GOTY.

I wonder if it's too early to start asking Atlus for a PC port of SMTIV and SMTIV: Apocalypse?