The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Space Brick!

-b.

:D

Yeah, sketches aren't selling me on Space Brick. At this point, I doubt that color photos of the finished toy could sell me on Space Brick. He's aesthetically unappealing, and I have zero attachment to the character.

So I'm debating if I should return my MP-12 Lambor. I made some images that shows the defects on mine. In addition the gun on mine has terrible qc with mold grates, dusk inclusions and splotchy paint that my camera won't pick up well. In addition the hood doesn't lock into place at the white waist tab and I have a circle of denser red paint on the roof.

Has someone advice what to do. To me the defects on mine are rather severe compared to other Lambors I've seen. I have to pay import fees and sales taxes a second time when I'm ordering a new one.

post-18307-0-40542000-1400698734_thumb.jpg

post-18307-0-73132300-1400698737_thumb.jpg

post-18307-0-13173900-1400698741_thumb.jpg

IMHO, having looked at every Lambor pic there is----yours is actually pretty good paint-wise. The silver leg overspray and issues with the area right around the black periscope recess on the roof are on EVERY example. And the fender just below the side-mirror is always the very worst spot. In short:

If the hood/chest is good, consider yourself lucky. There are many examples that look much worse than yours. The main body panels (hood, doors, rear fenders) look good on yours. The odds of you getting a BETTER one are low. You'd just be trading for flaws in different locations.

Thanks for the advice. So any idea if it is possible to fix the oversprayed silver on the lower legs? This is the worst spot for me since he will be in robot-mode most of the time.

This and the terrible gun but I guess I could strip all the paint and paint it again since it is all silver. I only fear of soaking the gun in paint thinner since I melted a A-10 Warthog gun-pod that way.

My MP Streak is just so perfect and I want to be Lambor too. :(

Edited by Scyla

I just scraped off the excess silver with an xacto blade. But eventually covered them with the chrome Reprolabels.

I believe rubbing(Isopropyl)* alcohol and a toothpick would also work well in this scenario.

PS---don't soak in paint thinner, soak in rubbing* alcohol. Sure, it takes longer, but you can soak plastic for days and days with no harm.

*different countries call different stuff, "rubbing" alcohol. In the US it is isopropyl, but many nations use Isopropanol--which isn't quite the same.

Magnus, I want the Matrix! Now we need MP Galvatron and the Sweeps.

It appears that the new Spike figure is a tad taller than the one came with MP-10. And Magnus's butt flap is here to stay, cause it seem to appear on every pics.

post-7962-0-03119900-1400770458_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie2008

MP-10's a fantastic toy, so I'm kicking myself a little for not buying the Nemesis Prime version. The BAPE version looks alright. But the new Evangelion version? Prime himself looks pretty awful in purple and green, but I'm half-tempted to buy it for the NERV trailer alone.

I just picked up the TRU Grimlock.

Wow, what a piece of pure s***.

The floppiest pile of garbage yet.

That's it, I'm done with Hasbro.

Takara has my money, Hasbro can go blow it out their ass.

Can't stand in any mode. I know it's not just this one, because I bought

Two, and they are exactly the same. A loose floppy mess of crap.

I just picked up the TRU Grimlock.

Wow, what a piece of pure s***.

The floppiest pile of garbage yet.

That's it, I'm done with Hasbro.

Takara has my money, Hasbro can go blow it out their ass.

Can't stand in any mode. I know it's not just this one, because I bought

Two, and they are exactly the same. A loose floppy mess of crap.

That sucks dude. So what parts are loose? I'm assuming shoulders and knees?

Edited by Silverstreak

Hips, all of the hips, leg swivels, shoulders, elbows, tail, Rex arms, claws, neck, ...

Hips are the worst, he only stands if you stand him straight up. If you try any posing even

Like a aggressive stand pose, he splits. Trex mode has such week elbow and shoulders that the tail is to heavy

And he can't do any posing outside of the center of gravity.

Guest davidwhangchoi

more BOOO

the mold may be worn but evil cat (not you gak) was wrong about prime being limited anyways. BOOOOO i wanted a grimlock but not sure now...

I posted on TFW05 about the loose joints and everybody attacked me... including eriku from these forums.

Even accused me of selling two mp-08x's and trying to scare people into buying the old ones haha.

I wish I had two MP-08x's to sell. That would be sweet.

Edited by Gakken85

Thanks for the advice. So any idea if it is possible to fix the oversprayed silver on the lower legs? This is the worst spot for me since he will be in robot-mode most of the time.

This and the terrible gun but I guess I could strip all the paint and paint it again since it is all silver. I only fear of soaking the gun in paint thinner since I melted a A-10 Warthog gun-pod that way.

My MP Streak is just so perfect and I want to be Lambor too. :(

Honestly, bar the first picture, if you hadn't pointed out what was wrong, I wouldn't be able to tell.

For the extremely minor issue with the silver paint on the calf...is it really such an eye-opened for you? I'd completely dismiss it since it's like half a milimetre of overspray right above the painted area. If you want to fix it though, either try to scratch some of it off with a tiny blade or find an insanely thin q-tip and try to use alcohol there.

I posted on TFW05 about the loose joints and everybody attacked me... including eriku from these forums.

Even accused me of selling two mp-08x's and trying to scare people into buying the old ones haha.

TFW is an angry place, just stay over here.

Honestly, bar the first picture, if you hadn't pointed out what was wrong, I wouldn't be able to tell.

For the extremely minor issue with the silver paint on the calf...is it really such an eye-opened for you? I'd completely dismiss it since it's like half a milimetre of overspray right above the painted area. If you want to fix it though, either try to scratch some of it off with a tiny blade or find an insanely thin q-tip and try to use alcohol there.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. :) It is something that I notice and now my eyes are always drawn to this area every time I have the figure in hand.

Maybe it is just the initial disappointment for the toy. I was hyped after someone mentioned that BBTS as well as TFSource stated that the second production run will have the paint issues fixed. <_<

I always have issues with the quality of the Takara Masterpiece line. This started with my very first one (MP-01B) where I thought "this is it?" after I took him out of the box. With my Masterpiece Streak I have the least issues. This figures is just perfect and fun and I wanted MP Lambor to be the same.

The figures are still great toys this is the reason why I collect them but from a collector focused line I expect more that his. I think the best Takara Transformers I have in my collection are the Alternity toys. :)

TFW is an angry place, just stay over here.

Haha. Yeah, I feel like if you don't love cheap American Transformers it's not the place to be.

Damn, man, that's harsh. I'd rather someone told me about those loose joints than pay and bring home a fricking unstrung puppet you can't even keep on its feet.

You think they would appreciate my concern? ^_^

Please direct everyone to my supposed "attack". Go on, I'll wait.

Two, I accused you of nothing. What I did was point out your deception to everyone after you claimed to not be an ebay seller that is clearly you. You can buy and sell and profit off whatever you want, it's not a crime regardless of what people think of it. People are also free to call you out for being deceptive and flat out lying.

Also, I've been a member on these boards long enough where I do not have to defend my character, so please feel free to say what you will about me.

Please direct everyone to my supposed "attack". Go on, I'll wait.

Two, I accused you of nothing. What I did was point out your deception to everyone after you claimed to not be an ebay seller that is clearly you. You can buy and sell and profit off whatever you want, it's not a crime regardless of what people think of it. People are also free to call you out for being deceptive and flat out lying.

Also, I've been a member on these boards long enough where I do not have to defend my character, so please feel free to say what you will about me.

You linked to an ebay account that isn't connected to my forum name or linked on my profile. To me that's posting personal information and you should be banned for it. If I wanted to link to my ebay account I would.

You claimed that I sold two Mp-08x and since I did this, I have no interest in the toy, in such a way to suggest that I'm profiting by trying to figure out if the new release if floppy.

1. I only sold one, for the record, which was mine.

2. If would have sold 100 it doesn't really matter, and It's none of your business and your personal attacks aren't warranted.

I asked why you would randomly connect that account to me, I didn't deny that it was mine.

So you're calling me a liar, while being completely wrong, dishonest, and obsessive. What does that make you?

I wanted to see how far you would go to show your obsessive and weird behavior. And sure enough, you linked a bunch of past posts.

I don't care if you started the forum and pay for it's hosting, if you make a bullshit claim you should defend yourself when you're called on it.

Your childish behavior isn't wanted or needed.

Edited by Gakken85

You know what, I'm not going to fight with you. I don't like internet fighting, it's ugly and unnecessary.

What I've said already, and what you've said already pretty much speaks for itself.

And since you didn't feel the need to post the link to my "attacks" on TFW, I'll do it now.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/985278-mp-8x-grimlock-re-release-14.html

Apologies to everyone else for polluting the thread here.