The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

It's just supply and demand. Takara makes like ... Idk a few thousand per run. There are 10's of thousands of transformers fans in the states.

It's like I've said before, when Hasbro and TRU put out a $200 dollar toy for half the price, people buy 10 of them and sit on them, or scalp them. It's stupid not to. Very few people actually get them at a super low MSRP. Lots of people come into the game late and pay Secondary Market prices.

BBTS has no MP-10 stock that I'm aware of.

Edited by Gakken85

How many different releases are there? It was only $130 at TRU right? Why $300 now?

It was $117 at the TRU near me. The $300 price might have something to do with it being an import along with that fancy stand that is clearly not made specifically for MP-10.

I'm OK with the feeding frenzies and sky high auctions as long as the toys are available at retail when they should be. The high auctions should be for the folks that missed the boat, but still want in.

Guest davidwhangchoi

we're talking about the Takara version no? so the Takara re-release is in a window box? interesting..

is the uk and china shelf warmers the Takara Version.

wasn't it 250 shipped when the Takara version first released?

i was hoping to find a TRU version but was late to TRU...

No the Takara version is in the Takara box.

The YOTH version will be in a window'd Hasbro box with a clear trailor.

Both will be around $300 bucks.

The Original TRU release of prime was $120 bucks or so, but they were impossible to find.

A TRU version on ebay is usually $220-250

People are confusing the price of the TRU release and comparing it to the Takara secondary market price.

Edited by Gakken85

How many different releases are there? It was only $130 at TRU right? Why $300 now?

Hasbro Asia reissue is the Takara mold in the Hasbro box

Takara MP-10 was 237$

Hasbro MP-10 130$

So yeah, new reissue is 299$

$299 is the price the US retailers were charging once the frenzy took over.

Originally MP-10 was 280$ at BBTS when it was first released.

And Hasbro MP-10 was everywhere. It was just the scalper a-holes buying cases

Of them to resell that made it difficult. I got one from TRU, but it's

Crappier joints and sloppy parts made me sell it.

Maybe after it was in stock, but the preorder price was $250. Shamefully inflated, either way.

Yeah I thought that was it during the initial pre-order.

It's sad that we can't rely on e-tailers to avoid scalping.

BBTS has had MP-10 at 299$ for at least a year, and then

Most recently a restock, and now another run.

Heck!

Amazon-UK was preselling MP-10 for like US$70 or so, with free shipping to the US. I preordered two from them even though I already have the US MP-10.

Then some ubercrazy idiot/scalper/sh*thead determinedly complained to both TRU and Hasbro about the low pricing of Amazon-UK. All them preorders from amzn-uk were then cancelled.

F&ckin sh*thead.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well TFsource

Heck!

Amazon-UK was preselling MP-10 for like US$70 or so, with free shipping to the US. I preordered two from them even though I already have the US MP-10.

Then some ubercrazy idiot/scalper/sh*thead determinedly complained to both TRU and Hasbro about the low pricing of Amazon-UK. All them preorders from amzn-uk were then cancelled.

F&ckin sh*thead.

i was in on that pre-order too. lol sad that it didn't go through.

TFsource has it for 299 shipped so without shipping it's about 270... hmmm decisions decisions...

Damn Mp Grimlock, he has to be so hard to get too...

Ok a little confusion here. haha.

Hasbro Asia reissue is the Takara mold in the Hasbro box

That's not correct.

Hasbro re-release is the Year of the Horse.

Hasbro Mold.

Clear Hasbro Box.

Clear Trailer,

Might have more chrome somewhere, and a weird paint job/decal. Not confirmed.

The Takara AE re-release is the Takara mold.

Virtually the same release but with a stand.

Might have a new collectors coin.

Both will be very limited. Smaller run than AE-08.

Edited by Gakken85

Classic MP box is nice anyway.

F&ckin sh*thead.

Amen. Quite the winner, that guy.

Edited by RD Blade

I went to eBay and picked up my first Masterpiece: a Toys-R-Us MP-10 Optimus Prime that was shelfwarming in Singapore. It came in the original see-through box (Roller is blue) and matches my G1 Optimus nicely. Saving money was more important in my situation, but I wanted a nice iconic version of Optimus with some posability.

I don't think I will pick up the Takara version of Optimus. The whole scalping situation turns me off to collecting multiple high-priced transformers, which is why I haven't done a lot with the Masterpiece line. I've been having fun finding Transformers from the Prime line at discount prices and customizing them while restoring my old G1 figures.

I think as long as you're having fun, even the little deluxe figures are worth it.

As an aside, it seems Takara and Arcadia both value those display stands! :ph34r:

Edited by technoblue

Guest davidwhangchoi

You have to calculate the yen rate back then which was much higher when Mp-10 came out and it was about 250usd plus shipping a large box.

I remember that i looked into hlj and it was much cheaper ordering from BBTS or tf source if you were in the us due to shipping costs.

it's not a 80% markup, but really just about 16% markup which of course is never good. but if it includes a cheap 5 dollar stand, i guess it's not that bad.

I was wrong HLJ's MP-10 Pre-order price was 17,699 yen.

So ..... How did we get to 299$? That's almost a 80% markup!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

TFsource is usually over priced. I have a feeling Lunar will only charge $280 or something. He hasn't gotten the final price yet.

But anyway haha

crapping on my pre-order :D since i didn't buy your used one? jk, jk!

don't think so, TFsource is always competitively identical to bbts. because of free shipping they are priced a little higher. BBTS charges shipping even though their prices are a bit lower, unless you buy a large stock at bbts and combine shipping it will come out the same price pre-ordering at bbts after shipping

i doubt luna will be that much cheaper if at all, maybe about 10 bucks difference which is not much.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

299$ free ship is the best price, BBTS lowest shipping price is 22$.

So in reality the actual MP-10 from TF source is equivalent to 278$

Which isn't bad shipped.

I went ahead and preordered one.

Awesome! so far those getting the re-release mp-10 on MW:

Gakken13,

Skullmilitia,

davidwhangchoi

luna might have it lower (i was looking into pre-ordering from him) but it's a risk since he hasn't revealed a price yet, currently Tfsource is the best available deal right now.

Anyone else pre-ordering him?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

LoL! I couldn't pass up those tfsource prices. Although I am happy with my Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus, I did preorder MP-10B and Soundwave. I got a lot of play out of both G1 Soundwave and Megatron in the 1980s, although Megatron is the only one of those two who survived my youth (faded stickers, loose joints, and all).

I should revise what I wrote before: It isn't the Masterpiece line that makes me grumpy, it is getting into it so late and facing the secondary eBay market that makes me grumpy. Heh.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Awesome! so far those getting the re-release mp-10 on MW:

Gakken13,

Skullmilitia,

davidwhangchoi

luna might have it lower (i was looking into pre-ordering from him) but it's a risk since he hasn't revealed a price yet, currently Tfsource is the best available deal right now.

Anyone else pre-ordering him?

nice two more on MW

Jenius,

smutpeddler (x2)

technoblue* got a mp-10b,

that's 5 of us getting the re-release mp-10 the more the merrier!

technoblue, yeah, would've got a TRU, version, if i could've got it at a low price before inflation. Since it's now about the same price as the Takara's, it's Takara's hands down bc colors are far superior to the TRU's. i just wished they lighten the blue eyes a bit on the re-release of the Takara.

Fortunately I already own all three, the MP-10 Has and Tak version, and the MP-10B. I picked up my MP-10B from NY during the original release for $116USD shipped.

And I now finally got my hands on a MP Soundwave with his five minions, Hasbro version, I had a friend picked it up from his local TRU for $130 after tax.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

Yeah, there's something that draws me to alternate, sometimes uncanny repaints...

My Sharkticon Megs would agree ; p

Valkyrie, that is a sweet deal on TRU Soundwave with all the cassettes! I had no idea he was still around. They hit the northeast in July and August but the supply was gobbled up quickly. I missed my chance (boo!), but I'm glad there are other options.

david, I understand completely. I read about the differences between the Takara and TRU versions of MP-10 after I bought my TRU figure off eBay. There are details that I appreciate in both versions. I guess that is why I decided to buy 10B, Nemsis Prime. I missed the Toys-R-Us debut Of Masterpiece Optimus Prime in stores last year, so no deals for me. : (

I do agree that the current prices speak to the popularity of the Convoy/Optimus character. I also think MP-10B would be priced more in line with MP-10 Red if the trailer was included. Heh, crazy robot addiction.

Edited by technoblue