Yamato 1:60 vf-1j hikaru with super pats vs. Vf-1s hikaru with super s

ALEXD

To me I get this feeling whenever I see pics of the VF-11C. It's basically a Space Shuttle turned variable fighter.

you're right, come to think of it. i really need to get myself one of those.

i mean, the old, infamous 1/72 VF-11B 1stEd. was my VERY FIRST YAMATO product, just abut ten years ago now,

ant it really is about high-time i came full circle, and get myself blown away by just how far Yammie has progressed with that VF design...

I would go for the 1S first, if you can't afford to get both at the same time. Nowadays that particular variant seems harder to find(for a fair price!) than the other and we have yet to hear about a reissue from YAMATO.

Edited by connor99

I would go for the 1S first, if you can't afford to get both at the same time. Nowadays that particular variant seems harder to find(for a fair price!) than the other and we have yet to hear about a reissue from YAMATO.

BTW, the TV VF-1S is going to be reissued in Oct.

BTW, the TV VF-1S is going to be reissued in Oct.

I'm hoping to snag another, hopefully HLJ will have another one of their Macross sales around then. I already have one, but I want one to open. See how silly this hobby is?

I know it hasn't been said yet officially, but I would wager on a rerelease for sure during the 30th anniversary, in one form or another. Seriously, Yamato likes money, and I still need so many valks. Yamato needs to take my money.

Dont know if this was mentioned yet, or if this even matters to you, but if you are picky about the shade of white on your valk, there is a difference. The DYRL? releases are a creamy white, while the TV releases are white-white. The TV relase is closer to the white that jetfire is. I guess on it's own you won't notice it, but side by side, you will.

tv roy is my fave tv series valk. :)

The thing about his plane is that technically it is also hikaru's after roy's death to the female zentradi grunts so it probably has a lot more history than the 1J which I think is overhyped just because you see it in the intro of SDFM tv series opening all the time doing its stupid 360 degree "spin of gunpod death" move before going into the pose to show off its ablity to guard the bridge of the sdf-1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3izRIqNKzE

Was it really necessary for hikaru to spaz out like that so close to the bridge crew? Somebody on the human side could have been killed with that kind of crazy shooting. (honestly so immature and reckless of hikaru :p)

TV series Roy is also the canon Roy since he could not have existed when DYRL war movie was created using actors to play as him. (they must have used the zentradi cloning technology to get authentic looking actors and then killed them after the movie was done lol)

People here I've noticed always comment that the 1S head looks out of place on the valkrie (maybe its too big and chunky?) but to me it has a more heroic feel to it. Having a more sporty curved shape can only be good for a sleek fighter, and that to me is why it has more appeal over the 1J. Yes 1J is hikaru's plane for a long time, but we all know hikaru is in his prime when he sits in the cockpit of the 1S equiped with super pack. (not the ugly red striped version in DYRL with the color-coded skull squadron heatshield; which is probably just any old vf-1. No, I mean the original skull leader from the actual war itself with the proper black and white skull and crossbones heatshield)

Edit:

Oh if you can only get one other tv series valk: I would recommend 1D. Yamato: reissue new ones please. Preferably with free side parts you tight-asses.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Dammit I always wanted one of those too. Ah well...

Well it is coming anyway (Oct restock):

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00195

I'm not familiar with HLJ, does their site mean that the 1/60 'S is back in stock? Also, what other alternatives do we have when it comes to buying these things-I haven't bought a 'Valk since the debut of the 1/60 '21 & '19...

Edited by myk

Dammit I always wanted one of those too. Ah well...

I'm not familiar with HLJ, does their site mean that the 1/60 'S is back in stock? Also, what other alternatives do we have when it comes to buying these things-I haven't bought a 'Valk since the debut of the 1/60 '21 & '19...

It means their supplier indicated it might be back in stock this month. I just ordered it from there. They will not charge me until it is ready to ship.

I have no idea if I can cancel it if I end up sourcing one locally.

It means their supplier indicated it might be back in stock this month. I just ordered it from there. They will not charge me until it is ready to ship.

I have no idea if I can cancel it if I end up sourcing one locally.

It's easy to cancel a preorder. Just go into your account and into Open order details. You should be able to cancel it.

HLJ have been pretty reliable for me. But I have heard they take a while to send things.

I always tell them "not to combine my shipping with anything else" and to "send immediately when the item is ready to be sent".

Sometimes they'll do this thing where they ship only after they are 100% sure you will not add anything to your shopping cart at the very last moment while on the website, just as a way to save money by trying to cram as many items into a single order. (like it is assumed by default you want to buy more than one thing so they won't process your order until they have to) They want to use up as much space in a box as possible I suppose..

The ability of them to understand english helps because at least you know they will be able to respond to the emails you send lol.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

HLJ have been pretty reliable for me. But I have heard they take a while to send things.

I always tell them "not to combine my shipping with anything else" and to "send immediately when the item is ready to be sent".

Sometimes they'll do this thing where they ship only after they are 100% sure you will not add anything to your shopping cart at the very last moment while on the website, just as a way to save money by trying to cram as many items into a single order. (like it is assumed by default you want to buy more than one thing so they won't process your order until they have to) They want to use up as much space in a box as possible I suppose..

The ability of them to understand english helps because at least you know they will be able to respond to the emails you send lol.

Combining shipping is a way to save YOU money, they only save some time and handling.