Yamato 1:60 vf-1j hikaru with super pats vs. Vf-1s hikaru with super s

ALEXD

For me, I would prefer the 1S variant a little more since I like the asymmetry of the cannon and fast packs, plus I love DYRL more than the anime series.

I would also recommend the VF-1J, just that I would want one having the GBP armor parts instead of the fast packs.

the GBP does look mighty fine on the 1j

_DSC0603.jpg

This is badass. I can't wait for my GBP to arrive.

I would have to agree, that the VF-1S is quite iconic, but I attribute it more to Roy than Hikaru. The 1J is definitely Hikaru's though. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you basically just want Jetfire from Transformers, then, the 1S is it.

Edited by pud333

This is badass. I can't wait for my GBP to arrive.

I would have to agree, that the VF-1S is quite iconic, but I attribute it more to Roy than Hikaru. The 1J is definitely Hikaru's though. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you basically just want Jetfire from Transformers, then, the 1S is it.

Thzt's probably why i like the vf-1s I was originally a transformers fan and still am, i mean weve talked on the 2005 boards before pud, so thats y i love him vf-1j or s but i think i will wait for 30th anniversary because i feel yamato is gonna do something special to hikaru's vf-1j next year.

The VF-1J has the best head sculpt of all the VF-1 variants in my opinion. It just looks so menacing but yet heroic. Before I got my Hikky VF-1J I was reluctant cuz I thought the scheme was too plain, but after I got it I loved it, especially in battroid.

In summation: My vote goes to the 1J.

but if you must have the 1J, oughta get the Grey-visor edition instead of the regular white-visor edition. coz the grey-visor is just much kewler.

I have to agree with this. The grey visor just gives it that extra something

ij all the way

How do you like the VF-1J CF? I really want another 1J but the M&Ms are unavailable and I'm not sure if I like the colour of the CF. It looks pretty badass in that shot however.

Edited by Raptor One

How do you like the VF-1J CF? I really want another 1J but the M&Ms are unavailable and I'm not sure if I like the colour of the CF. It looks pretty badass in that shot however.

I really like my copy. No QC problems and no mold issues. The color is a bit lighter than the CF vf-1a but I like it. If I had the money I'd put together a CF squad, I like the way the darker brown of the cf 1a sets off the cf 1j

I heart Hikaru VF-1J... simple and clean

for some odd reason, the -1J Hikaru T.V. always has seemed to evoke a "NASA space program" feel to me.

it just always felt like a perfect product of it's time, the early 1980's, and the dawn of the NASA SPACE SHUTTLE programs

and some truly amazing high-technology.

then again, it might be just me, as my parents did in fact rather saturate the first ten years of my childhood

with space-exploration paraphernalia, such as scale models of various NASA vehicles and posters and framed blow up photos

of the NASA orbiter system on it's launch pad and gantry network and all.

what can i say? my parents wanted me to become an astronaut or something.

needless to say, that particular dream never went anywhere at all, else i'd probably have much too busy a life at this moment

to be wasting any time here on MW.

at any rate, while my personal space today very much reflects that of a devoted Anime OTAKU,

rather then that of the "wanna-be-an-astronaut-when-i-grow-up" bedroom of my childhood,

i still, to this day, have those beautiful framed photos right at my computer nook,

alongside my currently tiny VF collection,

and my deeply-rooted personal respect and fascination with Aerospace and Space-exploration technology;

Johnscomputercorner9-26-11.jpg

that said, i nonetheless have a yen to eventually add a 1/60v.II Focker -1S to my collection, and as such,

i suggest that you should eventually buy both of them yourself as well.

both, in the Yammie 1/60v.II variety, are essential additions to any MACROSS collection, IMO,

and are easily the best first two candidates for one's first VF "Toy"

they both so frequently capture the look and feel of a great, bygone era, of incredible raw energy and overall engineering virtuosity...

Edited by Shaorin

eugimon,

That pic of the CF 1J is just rockin'! Makes me really want that figure now!

I saw you have the Hikaru TV 1J with the gray visor. Does this release have the shoulder issues too? Or has yours been good?

Honestly, I don't know if it has the shoulder issue or not. It's been holding up just fine but I've been told that all the shoulders will eventually explode so, you know... ^_^

wait... it was a first release of the GBP combo and I remember those were definitely old stock with new heads. So it has the fatal pin, but it hasn't busted.

eugimon,

That pic of the CF 1J is just rockin'! Makes me really want that figure now!

I saw you have the Hikaru TV 1J with the gray visor. Does this release have the shoulder issues too? Or has yours been good?

Honestly, I don't know if it has the shoulder issue or not. It's been holding up just fine but I've been told that all the shoulders will eventually explode so, you know... ^_^

wait... it was a first release of the GBP combo and I remember those were definitely old stock with new heads. So it has the fatal pin, but it hasn't busted.

I can interject here as I got the VF-1J Grey Visor version just a few months ago. It's been holding up great so far, way tighter than my VF-1A Hikaru and a bit tighter than my VF-1A CF, although the wrists are a bit loose. The Grey Visor version was one of the later releases so it has the "safe" shoulders as well as the 1/48 style crotch mechanism and clear canopy.

for some odd reason, the -1J Hikaru T.V. always has seemed to evoke a "NASA space program" feel to me.

it just always felt like a perfect product of it's time, the early 1980's, and the dawn of the NASA SPACE SHUTTLE programs

and some truly amazing high-technology.

To me I get this feeling whenever I see pics of the VF-11C. It's basically a Space Shuttle turned variable fighter.

Edited by Raptor One

Thanks for the heads up on the 1J.

I had to sacrifice another v2 1:60 to fix the shoulders on my 1J. I had the version with the fast packs. One of my first v2's I got...and man, my heart sank when I saw that crack.

But now that it's fixed, I love flying it around the house! Such a beautiful fighter. So iconic too. Probably the second most iconic VF-1 behind the Skull Leader 1S.

Anyhow, thinking about getting a second 1J for a GBP. Want to get the gray visor edition...but I'm terrified of having to sacrifice another valk!

Thanks for the heads up on the 1J.

I had to sacrifice another v2 1:60 to fix the shoulders on my 1J. I had the version with the fast packs. One of my first v2's I got...and man, my heart sank when I saw that crack.

But now that it's fixed, I love flying it around the house! Such a beautiful fighter. So iconic too. Probably the second most iconic VF-1 behind the Skull Leader 1S.

Anyhow, thinking about getting a second 1J for a GBP. Want to get the gray visor edition...but I'm terrified of having to sacrifice another valk!

sacrifice?

The hinge is easy to fix

_DSC6101copy.jpg

Don't waste your time deciding. You'll get both in the end.

Quote for Truth. You get one of these, you just can't stop. I have 4 of these VF-1s already with one on the way, and I plan on buying at least 4-6 more. I stopped collecting three other toy lines to have money to pay for my Macross addiction. Next up: gonna get the 1/3000 SDF-1. I resisted, but I can't any more. I just have to wait for my bonus in a month or so.

Edited by pud333

Quote for Truth. You get one of these, you just can't stop. I have 4 of these VF-1s already with one on the way, and I plan on buying at least 4-6 more. I stopped collecting three other toy lines to have money to pay for my Macross addiction. Next up: gonna get the 1/3000 SDF-1. I resisted, but I can't any more. I just have to wait for my bonus in a month or so.

On day 1 I thought a VF-1S w/SSP and VF-1J w/Armored Parts are everything I need.

I was so naive and so wrong.

Initially, I just wanted Max's units since I liked blue fighter mechs.

But since I love Macross 7, I'm now expanding through that series.

Now I'm even wanting to jump into Hikaru's 1J and 1S to complement my Minmay figures (plus the fact that he's the hero).

I have also given up other toy lines just to collect these, namely my Figma and SH Figuarts collection.

I always thought that a single glance at my Valks never seem to grow old compared to playing around with small action figures.

And like the others said, I do seem to want the gray goggle version more since it's a later (and safer) release,

and it does have a special feel to it over the first release.

Edited by kamadoma

sacrifice?

The hinge is easy to fix

_DSC6101copy.jpg

:rolleyes::lol: i thought i had seen the last of that picture! :p

yeah, ff95gj is right... get em both... get one now and get the other one later... and another one later... and another one later... and another one later... :D

so you can display 'em like this:

med_gallery_8437_264_31461.jpg

and do this:

med_gallery_8437_264_34511.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

I have also given up other toy lines just to collect these, namely my Figma and SH Figuarts collection.

I always thought that a single glance at my Valks never seem to grow old compared to playing around with small action figures.

And like the others said, I do seem to want the gray goggle version more since it's a later (and safer) release,

and it does have a special feel to it over the first release.

Valks never grow old for me also. Since I started collecting Macross, I've grown into and out of several toy lines. The designs, the engineering - never mind the nostalgia factor with Macross / Robotech (sorry, but I first knew it as Robotech like many other N. American kids) being right up there as one of my top shows next to GI Joes and Transformers and Sabre Riders (remember those?) - it never gets old for me.

I have the regular VF-1J coming in the mail in a few weeks, but I'll be getting the Gray Goggle version as well. You know: one to pose in fighter, the other to pose in Battroid with the GBP armor. haha.

Edited by pud333