Wonderfest 1/72 VA-3

VF5SS

Wow... very cool. It looks like that's the same build that's in the Jan. '98 issue of Model Graphix!

I've been wanting that kit for years... And even back when I searched Yahoo Japan Auctions on a daily basis, I never did find one for sale :(

I wish I knew sooner that it was available at Wonderfest. I would buy it if it's available.

do you have pics of that

i found the WF kit while looking for pics of the SHE kits

MW's own pics were made for the days of 56k internet :v

I'll put up some pics tomorrow. Gotta charge up the camera.

Here's pics of the Studio Half-Eye version. Not the greatest of pics, but hope they suffice.

:Edit: I'm trying to see how feasible it is to get this kit 3D scanned, and enlarged to a 1/60 scale, so it's the same size as the other valkyries. Wouldn't that be somethin'?

post-582-0-02280900-1314731509_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-79981800-1314731526_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-15002200-1314731538_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-75519700-1314731556_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonc

Here's pics of the Studio Half-Eye version. Not the greatest of pics, but hope they suffice.

:Edit: I'm trying to see how feasible it is to get this kit 3D scanned, and enlarged to a 1/60 scale, so it's the same size as the other valkyries. Wouldn't that be somethin'?

Why? isn't it already in 72.

:p

Why? isn't it already in 72.

:p

Because I don't really collect stuff in 1/72 or 1/10, unless it's something I really have to have, and I'd like it to size up to the rest of my 1/60s. I forgot to add, this kit is 1/100.

Edited by Jasonc

Is it possible? That would be great!

Is it possible? That would be great!

It's possible, but some of these parts, when they are enlarged, need to be hollowed out. It'd cost a fortune to get it done as-is, and the weight would just add unneeded tension and strain on parts.

One of the few SHE kits that I don't have.

Would very much like to see more VA-3's on the street since all I have are the three modes in 1/200 from the fighter collection.

Got those as well...Oddly, this is one of my favorite mechs from Macross. It's probably because of its more conventional fighter look, and the fact that it looks like the A6-E Intruder.