1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Just say his name three times....

Saburo...

What the...? I was reading another thread and suddenly got redirected here... :lol:

@The Old Man

I think you are doing a great job on your photos, the composition is great and have some really cool angles. What are camera are you shooting with?

Edited by Saburo

Great photos, The Old Man. Esp that close-up of VF-171 Nightmare. In an instant I totally forgot all the negative remarks that I've read about it. ^_^

And great shots as always, Saburo. Not a big fan of the VT-1. But I am now. :lol:

Love those YF-19 shots, VF-18S Hornet. Keep it coming. ;)

Love that radiant effect on the YF-25, ChaoticYeti. Cool. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Just say his name three times....Saburo...

Lol. He is the man.

Cool shot of the VF-1D!

-b.

Thanks man :)

What the...? I was reading another thread and suddenly got redirected here... :lol:

@The Old Man

I think you are doing a great job on your photos, the composition is great and have some really cool angles. What are camera are you shooting with?

Lol. It was Yeti's fault honest.

I got a Nikon D3100 recently as I always wanted a DSLR but didn't want to spend silly money. More loot for valks right? Priorities FTW.

Great photos, The Old Man. Esp that close-up of VF-171 Nightmare. In an instant I totally forgot all the negative remarks that I've read about it. ^_^

Thank you sir. :) Edited by The Old Man

I got a Nikon D3100 recently as I always wanted a DSLR but didn't want to spend silly money. More loot for valks right? Priorities FTW.

D3100 is a great camera, a friend of mine shoots with that camera and his shots come out great, but he shoots boring stuff like nature pictures... :lol:

Are you using manual settings for your shots? If you don't have a tripod already, I suggest getting one because they help quite a bit. The tripod will allow you to shoot at the lower ISO and at lower shutter speeds so you can get more detail.

Edited by Saburo

D3100 is a great camera, a friend of mine shoots with that camera and his shots come out great, but he shoots boring stuff like nature pictures... :lol:

Are you using manual settings for your shots? If you don't have a tripod already, I suggest getting one because they help quite a bit. The tripod will allow you to shoot at the lower ISO and at lower shutter speeds so you can get more detail.

I'll have to look into that then. I must admit that I got a bit tired when reading the manual, so I've only really played with the auto settings.

Thanks for the kind words in your previous post that I forgot to acknowledge. I really appreciate the feedback from such a photo taking legend as yourself.

Cheers bud. :)

A lightbox/diffuser (even DIY) can do wonders, that's how master Saburo gets the lovely creamy light for his shots. On-camera flash is too small/weak a light source so the falloff in brightness is apparent from the nose to the tail of the valk.

Try placing 1 sheet of white paper in front of the flash/light source to spread out the light all over the valk at the expense of some brightness.

The trick is to not use flash, you need more natural lighting via diffusers and lights.

I've never bothered to do good looking valk shots. I'd rather just take a quick shot in a case because lazy.

I'll let Saburo have all the glory.

Besides I like his compoistioning.

The trick is to not use flash, you need more natural lighting via diffusers and lights.

I've never bothered to do good looking valk shots. I'd rather just take a quick shot in a case because lazy.

I'll let Saburo have all the glory.

Besides I like his compoistioning.

Diffused light is your friend. :)

Thanks, you sure you don't want to share in the glory?

Diffused light is your friend. :)

Thanks, you sure you don't want to share in the glory?

I have to shoot photo's for work, so when I get home I get lazy. You're being all professional with watermarks and mirrored bases.

I don't think my procrastinitory instinct would allow me such work after work lol. plus I cheat alot and just use key's to make nuetral

background's. So you're actually doing it the way it should be done!

I have to shoot photo's for work, so when I get home I get lazy. You're being all professional with watermarks and mirrored bases.

I don't think my procrastinitory instinct would allow me such work after work lol. plus I cheat alot and just use key's to make nuetral

Good thing you're not a gynecologist... unless you are. Then the camera set up at work would be really creepy... :lol:

I know exactly what you mean, when I get home from work I don't want to do anything related to work. But I might start doing photography at work soon... I guess I'll see how it goes.

Good thing you're not a gynecologist... unless you are. Then the camera set up at work would be really creepy... :lol:

:lol:

Nice. But of course, you already know that. :)

Makes we want Arcadia to reissue the VF-4 already. It must be in the pipeline...