Macross Chronicle 1/60 VF-X now available at HLJ.

takatoys

the VF-X and AB 2nd run is similar to the re-issue of the TV CF, Max and Kaki (w/ new crotch and clear canopy). i was told that these were to be sold though Yamato's website and for Japan residents only when it was first released... after a few months it was available from HLJ (and on sale!) and from HK shops.

the VF-X is still relatively more expensive compared to how much I got most of my v.2 VF-1s, but then again, this was a Macross Chronicle exclusive when it first came out, so I'm not compaining.

Nope, AFAIK they were Mac-Chronicle exclusives only, they never did a web-exclusive run.

You meant the ones in Japan (without an internet connection) buy from resellers, right? The Yamato's bending of rules is BS, no offense. This is more like acquiescing to the fact that their exclusivity compounded by another stupid hassle that can only be acquire via web, and that too is only if you have a japanese address is undersubscribed. This exclusivity is only in name unless collectors thinks so and trip over themselves to buy them upon announcement. But that didn't happen, did it?

I don't think I follow your logic, sorry. I'm not saying I disagree, but could you please word it a little clearer? Thanks in advance.

If it clears up any confusion (regardless of direct relevance), I should perhaps make it clear that HLJ's sales of these items are not applicable to Japanese residents. Therefore, if you live in Japan and want to get the VF-X or Angel Birds, your only option left (now that the Chronicle offer is over) are resellers (like Mandarake) or auctions. Same goes for the SDF-1 kit -- HLJ sells it for overseas residents only: Japanese residents have to go through Yamato's website (or, again, resellers/auctions).

I don't think I follow your logic, sorry. I'm not saying I disagree, but could you please word it a little clearer? Thanks in advance.

If it clears up any confusion (regardless of direct relevance), I should perhaps make it clear that HLJ's sales of these items are not applicable to Japanese residents. Therefore, if you live in Japan and want to get the VF-X or Angel Birds, your only option left (now that the Chronicle offer is over) are resellers (like Mandarake) or auctions. Same goes for the SDF-1 kit -- HLJ sells it for overseas residents only: Japanese residents have to go through Yamato's website (or, again, resellers/auctions).

Nah, there is no logic to it. All I'm saying is it doesn't pay to be an early adopter for the Yamato stuff. Same goes for their exclusives. :lol:

A@Renato

that's weird... so, if you order one from HLJ, you can't have it mailed to your address there in Tokyo? weird. :blink:

A friend of mine tried that and basically got a "sorry but you're screwed" email. :p

Nah, there is no logic to it. All I'm saying is it doesn't pay to be an early adopter for the Yamato stuff. Same goes for their exclusives. :lol:

Yeah, but you have to look at it from both sides. By making this deal with HLJ, Yamato can still keep the exclusivity within Japan without shutting out the potential overseas consumers completely. They DO realize that Macross has a large fanbase outside of Japan, the trick is trying to get to them. It does suck for the people who used other proxy services to get the items last year, but I really think that this deal was made with the interests of the people overseas in mind.

One more thing: Goddamn you, Harmony Gold.

:p

It's still an exclusive -- apparently Yamato are bending the rules for the overseas fans and allowing HLJ to distribute it outside Japan. The same deal with the web-exclusive 1/3000 kit-version of the SDF-1. People IN Japan still can't get any of these unless they buy from resellers.

Eh, if they were bending rules with HLJ then how come lots of other resellers besides just HLJ are selling these things as well? Hong Kong distributors, like where I got mine, are selling them too. I think it's more likely they're clearing out the left-over stock because most people didn't see the need to jump through hoops (or couldn't) to get them and Yamato decided to just sell off the rest in a manner fans could get hold of them.

Eh, if they were bending rules with HLJ then how come lots of other resellers besides just HLJ are selling these things as well? Hong Kong distributors, like where I got mine, are selling them too. I think it's more likely they're clearing out the left-over stock because most people didn't see the need to jump through hoops (or couldn't) to get them and Yamato decided to just sell off the rest in a manner fans could get hold of them.

Hmm. Good question. I will try to find out.

Well, I just paid for the VF-X. It has been a long time since I bought a Yamato Valkyrie. I think this one has good potential of being a truly collectible toy like the 1/48 low vis.

One qustion though, is this free of the broken shoulder syndrome?

Well, I just paid for the VF-X. It has been a long time since I bought a Yamato Valkyrie. I think this one has good potential of being a truly collectible toy like the 1/48 low vis.

One qustion though, is this free of the broken shoulder syndrome?

To be honest I've never had a broken shoulder, not even with my first release DYRL Hikaru 1A. That being said, the pins in my VF-X are smooth and it was released well after the shoulder break fiasco so you should be safe. That being said, be careful with the arm/shoulder joints on yours. Mine were INCREDIBLY stiff. I had to be sure I wasn't putting any excessive pressure on them while trying to transform.

So is this VF-X any different fro mthe magazine exclusive that came out a while back? I got one thru Tokyo Hunter and while I dont care about any difference in price, I'm bummed the exclusivity of it is now kinda gone. Or is this jsut a sell off of any remaining stock?

Edited by dreadpyrat

Received mine today! From Hongkong to Malaysia only takes three days via Speedpost! No visible defects so far. Thanks HKCollectibles! B))

*This is a paid advertisement........jk!

It's lunch time now in my office, time to 'zoom-zoom'!

Mine came in yesterday. I like them both. I dig the gold verniers on the angelbird as well as the deep blue it was painted. Crappy that you have to decal the head, it looked painted in the images.

Just a quick question: The magazine exclusive version came with the fan racer (though I'm not sure if it was a separate package or in the Angel Bird's box.) Does this Angel Bird has it?

Just a quick question: The magazine exclusive version came with the fan racer (though I'm not sure if it was a separate package or in the Angel Bird's box.) Does this Angel Bird has it?

The outer carton has the space for the Fan Racer, but the Fan Racer is not included.

EDIT: pic added

post-81-0-99153400-1308192997_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Swoosh

Crappy that you have to decal the head, it looked painted in the images.

For real. I bought the Angel Bird solely because of how bad-ass the head looked. I just opened mine and saw that the head was just white. God damn it, I don't like to put stickers on my valks, but I'm going to have to put those on, and I know I won't get them perfectly symmetrical!

Quick Q, I just logged onto HLJ because I saw the VF-11 kit was finally available, I checked my account for Open Orders and it said the VF-X was discontinued, I clicked ship everything, and it showed as green for an updated status concerning my stuff, so has HLJ held onto my VF-X? I don't remember receiving an e-mail alert of anything being available for shipping. Does HLJ do that anyways? I hope I get mine. <_<

I received my VFX and the Angel Bird last week and I unpacked them over the weekend.

Have to say - awesome!

I was really disappointed that I missed out on these two the first time around.

I think the VFX is sold out now and if you are on the fence about the Angel Bird - go get it NOW!!

Quick Q, I just logged onto HLJ because I saw the VF-11 kit was finally available, I checked my account for Open Orders and it said the VF-X was discontinued, I clicked ship everything, and it showed as green for an updated status concerning my stuff, so has HLJ held onto my VF-X? I don't remember receiving an e-mail alert of anything being available for shipping. Does HLJ do that anyways? I hope I get mine. <_<

That's odd you know, if you have one locked down on your open orders that means you are in for one. I received confirmation of order and a second email that my paypal has been billed, and a third email saying my order has been shipped. Better check with HLJ quick.

That's odd you know, if you have one locked down on your open orders that means you are in for one. I received confirmation of order and a second email that my paypal has been billed, and a third email saying my order has been shipped. Better check with HLJ quick.

Well, my VF-11 has shipped, I shot them an e-mail explaining what has happened and my expectations regarding product availability and what a pre-order should mean. Hopefully they can sort this out because I don't think I ever received an e-mail concerning a pre-order product becoming available and shipped unless I actually check for myself. That's one thing I wish HLJ did is ship your order once it's available rather than wait for further action on it directly from you. <_<

That's one thing I wish HLJ did is ship your order once it's available rather than wait for further action on it directly from you. <_<

My thoughts exactly...I just pressed the "Submit" button a few moments ago. I hope they held onto it. I missed out on a Low Viz v.1, I'm not letting this chance go. You got to admit, this paint scheme is puuuuuuuurdy. On further thought, It's my first Yammie 1/60v2. Oh where have I been?