Yamato 1/60 PhotoEtch Detail Parts!

Mechamaniac

bad news if you want these....

since the nose cone is already glued on for the boxed and built version, you would have to remove the glue, cut it apart yourself, or you would just have to buy the model kit version 1S..

a removable nosecone is nothing but trouble, unless they figured out a MUCH better way

of tightly fitting it to the fuselage.

back when i had only my 1/48 1S Focker, that removable nosecone was always getting knocked off

in transformation, so i ended up gluing it in place. same goes for the fall-off wing ailerons

and the flop-open in BATTROID mode chest-mounted air-brake.

there was a very good reason YAMATO decided to leave the movable control surface/opening air-brake/removable nosecone

feature set to the obsolete 1/48s; the features sound awesome enough on paper, but in practice, they prove themselves

to be a real cast-iron B*&^ch. at least when applied to a fully transformable scale replica...

Edited by Shaorin

It seems to me that these are only for those who want to keep it in fighter mode as a non-transforming display piece if you want to use all of the parts.

Can you even close that canopy with the "teeth" there? Some of those parts seem redundant also, like the UHF antennas.

If I were to get a set, I'd probably just use the parts that don't get in the way like the flight stick and throttle and inner detail for the feet.

Yes they were, It has the removable nosecone IIRC.

Personally, I'm interested in the cockpit detail parts more than anything. Minus the canopy teeth that is.

actually... what exactly is up with those "Canopy Teeth" anyway? what purpose would they actually serve?

Yes they were, It has the removable nosecone IIRC.

Personally, I'm interested in the cockpit detail parts more than anything. Minus the canopy teeth that is.

Is the 1S unpainted still transformable then? Man, I knew I should have gotten one of these when I had the chance.

I believe that these are intended to go with the unpainted VF-1s Kits.

I wouldn't mind getting some PE parts, but is there better picks of all the parts included? I'm also not too big on a gold color. These seem more for the unpainted UNASSEMBLED kit. I'll probably bite, just for the sake of enhancing current projects.

Ok, this is where I draw my line. I'm as anal as the next guy here, but those intake "blinds" aren't even lineart accurate! The intake covers are supposed to swing up and down to open and close.

I'm all about detail, but I'm a toy person not a models guy and it seems like these are meant for Fighter mode only, so I'm out.

I think they actually are supposed to do that as well, but there's no reason they'd be in that position on the ground in the first place, unless they were under maintenance. We did see the VF-0 close off the vents, then pivot the individual slats to let air into the engine in battroid mode in Mac Zero, but that was to get air to the regular turbine engines used in the VF-0. They might still move like that on the VF-1 to control airflow in various configurations though.

Edited by Chronocidal

Ok, this is where I draw my line. I'm as anal as the next guy here, but those intake "blinds" aren't even lineart accurate! The intake covers are supposed to swing up and down to open and close.

I'm all about detail, but I'm a toy person not a models guy and it seems like these are meant for Fighter mode only, so I'm out.

it's from the VF-1 Master file book. they show that in addition to swinging up and down, they can also pivot open VF-0 style.

:edit:

borrowing this pic from the model section

03.jpg

Edited by anime52k8