134 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite from the list

• 1/60 scale Destroid Monster
    • 1/60 scale Destroid Phalanx
    • Non-scale or 1/3000 Britai Nupetiet Vergnitzs Class Battleship
    • Non-scale Gorg Bodolzaa-Class Mobile Fortress
    • T-REX Zentradi Pilot figure
    • 1/60 VF-17

A 1/3000 Britai Nupetiet Vergnitzs Class Battleship would be highly expensive and extremly big. You wouldn't have the room to display unless you have a studio -- a really big studio to live in. You saw how big it was next to the Macross in both series and movie imagine that next to your 1/3000 Macross

I'd like a capital ship set, but on a much smaller scale than 1/3000. Big cucumber at that size is a bit TOO big. I'm thinking a nice small scale for a "Fleet Battles" type thing would be nice, though. No more than a foot long, for example.

What are these etching sets for exactly? The panel lines are already on a 1/60 VF-1...

Voted for the Monster. VF-2SS would get my vote tho.

If the SDF-1 is going for 3 - 4 hundred right now, I'd hate to see what the final price would be for this beast! And it would probably cost more to ship that the toy retails for!

The monster would definitely become the holy grail of Macross collecting, that's for sure. Hell, they will probably call it a playset it would be so large. Like the USS Flagg for GI JOE. Or Fort Max for Transformers.

I think SDF-1 was holy grail for macross fan, so for those who have, WHAT NOW???

Some once said here (I cannot recall who at the moment) that toy collecting isn't about what you have...it's about what you DON'T have! B))

Edited by ae_productions

I voted the Monster, since I'm pretty sure the VF-17 is already covered. I have my new AT-AT sit next to me right now BTW, and I don't see why Yamato couldn't produce a 1/60 Destroid Monster. Granted Hasbro produces hundreds of thousands of AT-AT's, but the construction is cheap and sturdy and I doubt the Monster would be as tall.

I voted the Monster, since I'm pretty sure the VF-17 is already covered. I have my new AT-AT sit next to me right now BTW, and I don't see why Yamato couldn't produce a 1/60 Destroid Monster. Granted Hasbro produces hundreds of thousands of AT-AT's, but the construction is cheap and sturdy and I doubt the Monster would be as tall.

as incredibly cool as the at-at is it doesn't transform. i can't imagine how much a yammie of that size with a 3 mode conversion would cost. it would have to be made out of much sturdier materials to handle the transformations.

Is it really that unreasonable for the 1/60 monster to be released? Considering the success of the 1/2000 SDF, another risky creation, seems like they may be able to justify producing the fabled coffee-table-sized toy after all. Unfortunately, this will undoubtedly have it priced similarly to the 1/2000.... But hey, at least it'll be cool to look at :D (Maybe we'll get a 1/100 version after too ^^)

Edited by Cent

Is it really that unreasonable for the 1/60 monster to be released? Considering the success of the 1/2000 SDF, another risky creation, seems like they may be able to justify producing the fabled coffee-table-sized toy after all. Unfortunately, this will undoubtedly have it priced similarly to the 1/2000.... But hey, at least it'll be cool to look at :D (Maybe we'll get a 1/60 version after too ^^)

Yeah, the SDF-1 sold well. Go figure, make a rock solid product and fans will buy it... the Monster would be no different and it's my favorite Destroid.

• 2 weeks later...

The SDF-1 (1/2000) sold well

...how good is "well"

500 units? 1000? 2000?

Though I was propably the biggest advocate of the 1/60 monster, it's clear the Monster would probaly fetch about a month's salary (and end up being a kit) as the SDF-1 did

(with the Macross having a bigger market chance than the monster), just looking at the regult's features, size and pricing

I consider the 1/3000 SDF-1, pricey but worth it

the regult at about €100 more is absolutely NOT worth it, having about as much features as a Queadluun Rau, only bigger

Twice the price of the Q-rau? Hmmm,... assembled yes, that would be a fair amount (bigger than 1/48 valks but less features)

So where would that put that Monster of a Monster in my eyes?

Being twice the size of the 1/3000, assembled and painted I would pay twice the amount as the SDF-1

Again, looking at the regult, that's a pipedream

The SDF-1 (1/2000) sold well

...how good is "well"

500 units? 1000? 2000?

Though I was propably the biggest advocate of the 1/60 monster, it's clear the Monster would probaly fetch about a month's salary (and end up being a kit) as the SDF-1 did

(with the Macross having a bigger market chance than the monster), just looking at the regult's features, size and pricing

I consider the 1/3000 SDF-1, pricey but worth it

the regult at about €100 more is absolutely NOT worth it, having about as much features as a Queadluun Rau, only bigger

Twice the price of the Q-rau? Hmmm,... assembled yes, that would be a fair amount (bigger than 1/48 valks but less features)

So where would that put that Monster of a Monster in my eyes?

Being twice the size of the 1/3000, assembled and painted I would pay twice the amount as the SDF-1

Again, looking at the regult, that's a pipedream

Well, the 1:60 Monster does NOT transform. So, it will NOT be as intricate as the SDF-1, and theoretically, considerable less parts and far simpler engineering. I don't think it would cost twice the SDF-1 to produce. However, where you will be bent over is shipping! Even if you have to assemble it, the box would be GIANT.

For that reason, and that the other two Destroid releases didn't sell too well, I agree. The Monster is probably a pipe dream.

Well, the 1:60 Monster does NOT transform. So, it will NOT be as intricate as the SDF-1, and theoretically, considerable less parts and far simpler engineering. I don't think it would cost twice the SDF-1 to produce

the regult doesn't transform either, yet it is a whopping $450 (and $100 over the 1/3000 SDF-1 -that I should have made clear I was comparing it to)

That the other destroids didn't sell is no surprise, same price as a 1/60 valk, weathered as much as a 1/48 valk, even though there's the "less parts/features" argument

...I don't know what those guys at Yamato are smoking, but I'll bet it's stronger than what you can buy over here

Edited by Nightdare