upgrade parts vf 1s 1/48

valhary

hi today i received my hasegawa kit and started with this proyect the easy part looks to be the head the rest is more difficult for the parts are very different although both are supposedly scale are the same so i considering only the cabin and the landing gear because this is more realistic and slim and the tires rubber fit very well in the wheels my dilemma are with the nose and the legs because seems to require a lot of work also i have to say the detail on the pilot are infinitely superior compared with the yamato

post-3872-1294715173_thumb.jpg

post-3872-129471520508_thumb.jpg

post-3872-12947152255_thumb.jpg

post-3872-129471526304_thumb.jpg

post-3872-12947152952_thumb.jpg

post-3872-129471531932_thumb.jpg

post-3872-129471533704_thumb.jpg

hi today i received my hasegawa kit and started with this proyect the easy part looks to be the head the rest is more difficult for the parts are very different although both are supposedly scale are the same so i considering only the cabin and the landing gear because this is more realistic and slim and the tires rubber fit very well in the wheels my dilemma are with the nose and the legs because seems to require a lot of work also i have to say the detail on the pilot are infinitely superior compared with the yamato

Getting a 3,000 yen kit to upgrade a toy doesn't make much sense in my book, but to each of its own. I will do that if the kit has extra parts that you won't need for the injection kit.

It's a great work to do though if you intend to go that route.

1/48 VF-1 Valkyrie Photo-Etched Parts:

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSG65793

thanks for the link Vi-RS and in fact the kit come with 2 heads and until now only thinking in interchange the cabin controls, pilot and the landing gear so probably not waste the entire model kit

my dilemma has to be with the nose cone because the model kit is cooler than the yamato and also the legs that have the internal parts and have a clever lock system unfortunately for adapt thats parts is necesary almost a total modification with respect to the nose cone the problem lies in the landing gear retractable and the absence of the lock to the bar for conect the legs and with reference to this the look of the model are much slim so to connecting with the feet and the knee is necessary make them more broad

You know it was never going to be easy, but I salute you for trying.

If you end up using the Photo etched stuff, Newca a member here has some excellent ones that make the Hasegawa ones look limited, and they cost less than Hasegawa ones :)

• 3 weeks later...

certainly the model kit looks better in fighter mode but in my personal opinion the essence of macross are the capacity to transform the planes

That's why hasegawa need to do a Battroid version, at least then we can have both modes and then kit bash a Gerwalk.

That's why hasegawa need to do a Battroid version, at least then we can have both modes and then kit bash a Gerwalk.

Or Hasegawa, could do like Wave does with their 1/100 scale VF-1 kits and include the necessary Gerwalk conversion parts with the batroid and fighter mode kits.

Graham

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...