Battle: Los Angeles

Snail00

From the looks of it it seems the Aliens may have sent robotic drones as a first wave attack. Still One thing bugs me, in the alien movie Seres: Genesis the aliens have a deadly virus to kill us off. Which is the most efficient way of eliminating your enemy than depending on re-supply of ordinance and man power

From the looks of it it seems the Aliens may have sent robotic drones as a first wave attack. Still One thing bugs me, in the alien movie Seres: Genesis the aliens have a deadly virus to kill us off. Which is the most efficient way of eliminating your enemy than depending on re-supply of ordinance and man power

A Virus has this nasty habit of mutating into something that could kill the originating species too though, they are hard little buggers to use. If all you want to do is kill the inhabitants of a world then chucking a large rock at it will do the trick nicely. If you want to live on the world afterword - well that pretty much still requires going in and moping up the old fashioned way, but you would first use medium size rocks from space to take out large concentrations of the locals...

Marines are squaring off with aliens again? :lol:

It's like 1991 all over again. :p

At any rate, this movie seems to be promising. :) The title though is a bit B-Movie-ish. :ph34r:

By the way, my eyes might be deceiving me, but where these Marines wearing ACU's? :blink:

Edited by grss1982

It seems Michelle Rodriguez is yet again playing a tough chick. :rolleyes:

By the way, my eyes might be deceiving me, but where these Marines wearing ACU's? :blink:

I think it's just the lighting and color timing, as it looked like desert MARPAT to me. Funny enough, in movies and on TV I usually see the opposite with soldiers wearing MARPAT. I hear the Army is going to issue Multicam as well. It's only going to get more complicated... :p

Marines are squaring off with aliens again? :lol:

It's like 1991 all over again. :p

At any rate, this movie seems to be promising. :) The title though is a bit B-Movie-ish. :ph34r:

Hey, Hollywood loves the USMC every now and then, alright? :p

As far as the ACUs, the trailers show fairly accurate Marine uniforms. They did show one part where there were Soldiers, the portion where there was a lady on a bus. Otherwise it had alot of Marines in Desert MARPAT and Interceptor vests.

Hmm...this one, promise it shows yes?

One thing is for sure, Michelle Rodriguez's character won't survive...they never do.

Resident Evil: Infected with T-virus, turned, blasted...

Fast and the Furious 2009: Flipped in car, shot in the head.

Lost: Shot in the gut.

Battle: Los Angeles: TBD...

Edited by Zor Primus

This reminds me of the never-meant-to-be Halo movie.... but on a more serious notes why the frack do aliens (or script writers for that matter) target chic cities like NY, London, Tokyo, etc. If they had any measurable alien cojones they should make a stop here in Detroit first.

This reminds me of the never-meant-to-be Halo movie.... but on a more serious notes why the frack do aliens (or script writers for that matter) target chic cities like NY, London, Tokyo, etc. If they had any measurable alien cojones they should make a stop here in Detroit first.

Because it would be hard for the audience to tell the difference between normal Detroit and alien devastated Detroit...

Because it would be hard for the audience to tell the difference between normal Detroit and alien devastated Detroit...

Ta-dum-tisssssshhh!!! Oh the wit!

It's perfectly natural for L.A. to be targetted in various shows. It's a recognized, huge city. As far as movies go, the only other place worse to live in would be Tokyo. Tokyo & L.A. attract way too many movie disasters. Everything from Aliens to Godzilla or whatever. You can't have a disaster movie without showing L.A. getting plastered by something.

the only thought I can keep coming back to when watching trailers for this new crop of "alien invasion" movies is: meh, when the hell am I gonna see a Nousjadeul-Ger, Regult, or a Queadluun-Rau?! :angry:

When a alien battle fortress crash lands on this planet of course. :lol:

Ta-dum-tisssssshhh!!! Oh the wit!

It's perfectly natural for L.A. to be targetted in various shows. It's a recognized, huge city. As far as movies go, the only other place worse to live in would be Tokyo. Tokyo & L.A. attract way too many movie disasters. Everything from Aliens to Godzilla or whatever. You can't have a disaster movie without showing L.A. getting plastered by something.

And the Hollywood sign still standing. :p

Actually your description is pretty spot on. My current daily commute shortcut takes me through 10 minutes of post-apocalyptic wasteland, which I've been assured by actual Detroit residents is actually a fairly tame strip of land (Grand River Avenue & M-39 ish). But our battle hardened gettö special ops teams will make short work of any alien military hardware. We also have some of the finest military leadership the human race has to offer:

Tokyo & L.A. attract way too many movie disasters. Everything from Aliens to Godzilla or whatever. You can't have a disaster movie without showing L.A. getting plastered by something.

OTOH, it brings to mind an argument I once heard about alien sightings always in rural areas asking why the aliens wouldn't appear downtown in the biggest city (LA for West Coasters or NYC for East Coasters).

Actually your description is pretty spot on. My current daily commute shortcut takes me through 10 minutes of post-apocalyptic wasteland, which I've been assured by actual Detroit residents is actually a fairly tame strip of land (Grand River Avenue & M-39 ish). But our battle hardened gettö special ops teams will make short work of any alien military hardware. We also have some of the finest military leadership the human race has to offer:

As a former Detroit resident that still has very strong ties to the city, and who grew up in one of the communities (North Rosedale Park) bordering Grand River Ave and the Southfield Fwy (aka M-39) that City Council clip was pretty painful to watch. Almost as painful as hearing people talk down about a city/community that I love because of it's current socio-economic status. :(

So moving off of Detroit, which has nothing to do with the movie Battle: Los Angeles my initial impression is that this will at least be a pretty good popcorn flick, with a good chance to surprise people with what hopefully turns out to be a half-way decent plot (translated: better than the Syfy movie of the week) and solid acting from the top-billed cast (Aaron Eckhart, Bridget Moynahan and Michelle Rodriguez).

-b.

WOW

I am actually surprised I havent gotten further with my Career in terms of salary. I read a brief Biography of Glenn Beck and he makes 32Million in one year and that guy is a complete lunatic! I guess you just have to live in the states

WOW

I am actually surprised I havent gotten further with my Career in terms of salary. I read a brief Biography of Glenn Beck and he makes 32Million in one year and that guy is a complete lunatic! I guess you just have to live in the states

He's proof that you can make a career out of trolling... because no one can be that batsh!t crazy... or so I think.

He can be right about many things and I think that he and his crew do a lot of great research and come up with some information that I find to be quite informative, but...

Glenn Beck sometimes comes off of the chain and just says and does poo that makes me want to pull my hair out. I wish he'd think about these things before he says them, to be honest.

Are you two kidding with this? The only way this conversation is even remotely on topic is that glen beck just makes things up, pure and simple. The way he goes on about the militarized south Mexican border, a complete and utter fabrication. The man spews lies and hatred and people lap it up.

As for what happened to us auto industry, and manufacturing in general... The us government in the 80s decided to coddle industry by devaluing the dollar against the yen while simultaneously creating tariffs against japnese imports. They also reversed the fuel econonmy standards imposed in the 70s while at the same time massively subsidizng oil and gas. The result was that American car manufacturers created large, gas guzzling cars while the rest of the world demanded smaller, fuel efficient cars. The result was that the us auto makers couldn't sell their cars overseas because people who pay 8$ a gallon don't want to drive a huge boat that gets 18mpg.

The amount of delusion in this country is staggering and people like glen beck only feed that delusion.

I think Glen Beck has some good points. You might want to pay attention Americans, your country isn't going so great right now.

Oh yeah, we have things soooooooooooo good here in Australia. (sarcasm)

On my way to work on the bus every morning I check out the huge crowd gathering outside the methodone clinic at St. Marys. Then, on my way home from work every day I check out the junkies and pregnant teenage mothers with cigarette's hanging out of their mouths at Mt Druitt station.

Talk about living in glass houses.

Anybody else wanting to talk politics should PM me or each other, before a mod waves the banhammer here. Million Star, you especially should talk to me.

Taksraven

I was wondering when Eugimon would come on here to start preaching again... I just added my $.02 about the guy, I didn't need to hear a completely unrelated story about automotive industry conspiracies.

Moving back on the subject, what's with the recent trend of alien apocalypse movies? We all know that Independence Day has the market cornered on that... :lol: The only exception is that one movie or show where a race of giants comes looking for a ship that crash landed on Earth and they eventually bombard the surface of the Earth... What was it called again?

Are you two kidding with this? The only way this conversation is even remotely on topic is that glen beck just makes things up, pure and simple. The way he goes on about the militarized south Mexican border, a complete and utter fabrication. The man spews lies and hatred and people lap it up.

As for what happened to us auto industry, and manufacturing in general... The us government in the 80s decided to coddle industry by devaluing the dollar against the yen while simultaneously creating tariffs against japnese imports. They also reversed the fuel econonmy standards imposed in the 70s while at the same time massively subsidizng oil and gas. The result was that American car manufacturers created large, gas guzzling cars while the rest of the world demanded smaller, fuel efficient cars. The result was that the us auto makers couldn't sell their cars overseas because people who pay 8$ a gallon don't want to drive a huge boat that gets 18mpg.

The amount of delusion in this country is staggering and people like glen beck only feed that delusion.

YES!

And back to topic

Hope this movie rocks!

Notice on the alien ships they have vectoring thrusters on one of the fly by seens. AWESOME

Edited by Snail00

How absolutely embarrassing. And I don't even live anywhere near Detroit...

Ah the beauty of Democracy: the people get exactly the government they deserve.

ed: oh yeah. this movie's not Macross, so it's probably gonna suck.

Edited by reddsun1