Yamato 1/60 Regult

UN Spacy

Yes, will take and post lots of pics!

I'ts been two years since I've started this build (a one a half years old son and a four month daughter in between ;) ) I want to finish this awesome kit. EXO helped me getting a second one but that's another story!

• 3 months later...

It looks FLAWLESS! Nice work.

We need to see some valks next to it to appreciate the scale though.

Did you leave the water running - ?

Hehe!!! My wife was doing some dishes, told her to move aside.

Will take better pics and do a comparison with other valks.

A completed Arcadia toy version would not look any better....great job!

Arcadia really needs to release this as a completed toy....they can squeeze at least 3 separate releases out of it without too much trouble (or be nice and include the missle attachments as swappable add-ons).....heck even Toynami was able to do that! ;)

Someone needs to send these pics to Mr. K immediately....

A completed Arcadia toy version would not look any better....great job!

Arcadia really needs to release this as a completed toy....they can squeeze at least 3 separate releases out of it without too much trouble (or be nice and include the missle attachments as swappable add-ons).....heck even Toynami was able to do that! ;)

Someone needs to send these pics to Mr. K immediately....

agree except for the 3 separate releases. just release the missile racks etc. as add ons sort of like a set of fast packs. maybe a second release in DYRL colors.

agree except for the 3 separate releases. just release the missile racks etc. as add ons sort of like a set of fast packs. maybe a second release in DYRL colors.

Actually that is a really good idea....All three different missile packs in one box....that way you satisfy the guys that can make do with just one regult....but also sell multiples to those that want to display all three different versions.....

Additionally, if Arcadia decides to not create the scout version...I am sure someone here would make the conversion parts for it....

And Arcadia can pack it like this to keep the size of the box at a minimum:

1zlpt8h.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

It holds poses pretty well but it is very top heavy! It does have a tendency to want to fall down. I thought the ratchets would be strong enough to support it.

Since I puttied and glued the legs I don't have access to the ratchet joints anymore (it would have helped a lot to paint the ratchet mechanism to make it stronger!!)

I have another kit which I believe I'm going to paint in the DYRL? green scheme, so I will reinforce this one. But it's going to take a while cause this finished kit is the first one I've put togheter in twenty years since I was a teen :lol:

I looks gorgeous! It loks like it came out of the box that way...

The legs have a great range of motion but it's too damn top heavy! When you put it in extreme poses you have to carefully balance it.

Are we still talking about the regult? :p;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hehe!!! My wife was doing some dishes, told her to move aside.

Will take better pics and do a comparison with other valks.

if you do a comparison, it'll be cool to see compared with hikaru's vf-1j or the 1d trainer to bring back some memories!

What are the feet/toes like? Would it be possible to add additional weight to the feet in order to offset the top-heaviness?

No, the weak points are the ratchets in the legs. As Ignacio Ocamica said, they need reinforcing. It is possible to achieve a wide range of poses, but the slightest knock and it collapses downwards.

Nice work IC. I like the clean look. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think the question is how many of us non Japan residents will by enemy mecha? and one that is 370+ (the yen to usd was about 100yen/.70 cents on the dollar making it even higher, definately around 400-500)

i would say about a dozen or less.

most of us had a chance to buy it at hlj and most of us passed

http://www.hlj.com/product/ymtgk-14

I asked MrK about the Regult, he said no one has any interest in it.

And there is no plans for it.

Boom goes the dynamite explosion.

submit a second survey showing customers want more than just VF-1 repaints???

Wonder how much of the sentiment goes back to their bad decision for selecting the Q-rau as their initial enemy mech offering.....pretty sure a regult would have sold better

Edited by jvmacross

i think the question is how many of us non Japan residents will by enemy mecha? and one that is 370+ (the yen to usd was about 100yen/.70 cents on the dollar making it even higher, definately around 400-500)

i would say about a dozen or less.

most of us had a chance to buy it at hlj and most of us passed

http://www.hlj.com/product/ymtgk-14

Most of us had a chance to buy a kit... which most of don't build, and we passed. Important point to note there.

Really awesome Regult builds aside, no way am I gonna buy one at that price (unless I'm rich and can afford the space). I like the thing but not that much to actually seek one out. I'll live vicariously through people who build them up. Arcadia/Yamato are just making a smart business move. If the Regult was as iconic (not saying it isn't memorable) then people would pony up the cash for it.

A lot of the toy releases of Regults tend to languish on shelves...

It's unfortunate but they just aren't as popular as you would think.

Edited by xrentonx

Guest davidwhangchoi

Really awesome Regult builds aside, no way am I gonna buy one at that price (unless I'm rich and can afford the space). I like the thing but not that much to actually seek one out. I'll live vicariously through people who build them up. Arcadia/Yamato are just making a smart business move. If the Regult was as iconic (not saying it isn't memorable) then people would pony up the cash for it.

+1

Most of us had a chance to buy a kit... which most of don't build, and we passed. Important point to note there.

which would make it even more expensive if it were fully built and not a kit. putting it in the 500-600 range,

even at the lower end 500, i doubt more than a dozen will buy it.

Edited by davidwhangchoi