Which V2 1/60 Yamatos are good?

arrow

You,ve either gotta deal with Yamato,s engineering or low wage factory workers in china.Both these factors play into any V2. 1/60 QC issues.

Alot of people will post on this thread to stay away from a certain release ,shoulders,pins etc and they,d be right from their perspective by the valk they,ve bought.

Yamato,s good for the most part ,but it,s always a 50/50,Yamato,s engineering can come undone once it enters the factory(e.g. assembled tooo tight etc)

regardless of the advice you recieve ,you,ll just have to take a chance. ^_^

Like Troyness said, even among the "safe" VF-1's, there will be a couple of "bad apples" dues ot the delicate design of the Valks.

But as for the more notorious ones: VT-1 (knurled hinge pins), V2 VF-1S DYRL Roy Focker (TV Roy and Anniversary Plus Roy are reportedly safe).

Of the lot, the VF-1S V2 Roy initial releases (Strike and plain jane versions) have to be the most affected ones. It is only around the 1D release (9 months after initial release) that things got better, as far as the shoulder hinges are concerned.

Me either. I have to free them from their plastic prisons.

I guess I got freaked out by all these exploding shoulder horror stories from here. Anyway, I do have a 1st issue ROY with FP's and I think I'll check that one out this weekend. Here's hoping that it is one of the lucky ones without the breakage.

I guess I got freaked out by all these exploding shoulder horror stories from here. Anyway, I do have a 1st issue ROY with FP's and I think I'll check that one out this weekend. Here's hoping that it is one of the lucky ones without the breakage.

It's still in the box? Good luck, man.

Stuff I have are in boxes too, but because I have no more room to display stuff... actually, I don't have room for the boxes either...

buy my stuff!!!!

Actually, I wanted to pick up on an item in yer FS list, but gotta come up with the funding first :lol: !

since the tv versions are later runs, are the shoulders on those ok?

My pal had one that broke after being transformed once. He is also having trouble with his two seaters. However...

There is a VF-1S Super set with a flashlight that is suppose to be rock solid. My advice, stay away from the 1/60's until Yamato has this issue worked out.

since the tv versions are later runs, are the shoulders on those ok?

afaik, both the 1st run of the tv max and kakizaki 1As already have the smooth shoulder pins. i would like to think (based on all the v2 1/60s i have) that anything after the VT-1 should have the smooth pins already, but i might be wrong. hope this helps!

Edited by bouncing boy77

afaik, both the 1st run of the tv max and kakizaki 1As already have the smooth shoulder pins. i would like to think (based on all the v2 1/60s i have) that anything after the VT-1 should have the smooth pins already, but i might be wrong. hope this helps!

That would be awesome if that were true. I've nearly completed my 1/48 collection and customs, and will be looking to move over to the 1/60's soon. I'm just scared of spending that kind of money on a toy that has a history of defects.

That would be awesome if that were true. I've nearly completed my 1/48 collection and customs, and will be looking to move over to the 1/60's soon. I'm just scared of spending that kind of money on a toy that has a history of defects.

i only collect v2 1/60s and that has been the case for me. what's good for those who want to get into the v2 1/60s now is that yamato is re-releasing the previous ones that had the knurled pins, like the roy and hikaru 1S w/ s&s packs and now the 1A.

to the OP, based on what i know and have, here's the valks i think you should stay away for now (knurled pins)

- 1st release Roy 1S (stand-alone and w/ s&s packs)

- 1st release Hikaru 1S (stand alone and w/ s&s packs)

- 1st release Hikaru 1A (stand alone and w/ s&s packs)

- 1st release Hikaru 1J (stand alone, w/ s&s packs and 1st release of the GBP bundle)

- VF-1D

- VT-1 Super Ostritch

afaik, anything released other than the ones i mentioned, and based on what i have, should have the smooth shoulder pins. hope this helps!

i only collect v2 1/60s and that has been the case for me. what's good for those who want to get into the v2 1/60s now is that yamato is re-releasing the previous ones that had the knurled pins, like the roy and hikaru 1S w/ s&s packs and now the 1A.

to the OP, based on what i know and have, here's the valks i think you should stay away for now (knurled pins)

- 1st release Hikaru 1J (stand alone, w/ s&s packs and 1st release of the GBP bundle)

- VF-1D

- VT-1 Super Ostritch

afaik, anything released other than the ones i mentioned, and based on what i have, should have the smooth shoulder pins. hope this helps!

Hey! Thanks for putting that list together. Too bad about the 2 seaters. As a 1/48 collector, I don't think I'll ever get to see one in that scale. In fact, from what my peeps have told me, that line is DEAD. (Although I have been hearing that for years).

Those 1/60 v2's are sexy though. Each mode is a masterpiece, and I really, really love the hands! That may not sound like something to love, but when you collect the 1/48's, you get REALLY tired of their damn chicken fingers. Ha ha!

I only have a few more 1/48's to go before I complete my collection (with all the customs). After that, I know I'll take that 1/60 plunge. I just hope they play nice with my 1/48's. No fighting! :D

Hey! Thanks for putting that list together. Too bad about the 2 seaters. As a 1/48 collector, I don't think I'll ever get to see one in that scale. In fact, from what my peeps have told me, that line is DEAD. (Although I have been hearing that for years).

Those 1/60 v2's are sexy though. Each mode is a masterpiece, and I really, really love the hands! That may not sound like something to love, but when you collect the 1/48's, you get REALLY tired of their damn chicken fingers. Ha ha!

I only have a few more 1/48's to go before I complete my collection (with all the customs). After that, I know I'll take that 1/60 plunge. I just hope they play nice with my 1/48's. No fighting! :D

hey, no prob, glad to be of help!

that's the reason why i went with the 1/60s. when i 1st started to get into VF-1s, i had to choose only 1 scale, due to budget and space constraints and it didn't helped that the 1/48 scale being kinda dead already at that time. another reason are the unreleased valks in the 1/48 scale that got released in the 1/60 scale: the VT-1 Super Ostritch and the VE-1 Elintseeker.

here's hoping on my part that since yamato is milking the 1/60 VF-1 mold to the death is they release some more low-vis versions aside from the 1S that got released before.

- VF-1D

- VT-1 Super Ostritch

Not to be an alarmist, but isn't the VF-1D rumored to be safe? I rechecked the Scorched Earth site and the list says, "...VF-1D Trainer (V2) – I haven’t heard of a single broken one… rumor is that this release has smaller shoulder pins but I can’t substantiate that."

The VF-1D Virgin Road is supposed to be safe, or at least rumored to be.

I'm especially curious, since I own both the Hikaru version as well as the VR.

Edited by GU-11