Do You Want a V2 1/60 YF-19?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

DO YOU WANT A V2 1/60 YF-19?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU WANT A V2 1/60 YF-19?

• YES
    • NO

They could just leave it off like they did the 22's.

Honestly, I would rather they just include a heat shield covered cockpit that just swaps out for the regular cockpit. I mean it already comes out as an escape pod, why not just have something that looks like the heat shield and pops right in. That would eliminate all the headache of trying to get those two covers in place and it would make the whole nose section much simpler to manufacture.

Edited by LOW_ALT

If they redo the YF-19, I'd actually like it to be redone. Completely new sculpt and design. Of course, it'd be hard for Yamato to justify such expenditure on redoing something relatively recent and may not have many re-buyers, so it would make most sense for them to release it later down the road. Considering that they seem to have broken into the Macross 7 properties, it would make sense to them (and us) to capitalize on that for now.

That said, I do want a new YF-19, but I want other M7 valks more. :D

I'd rather see new stuff. Also, the company I worked at cleaned house and got rid of all the higher paid people at my level, so I'm surviving on unemployment until I can find something new. Any toys I pick up have to be financed by getting a freelance project or surviving on ramen noodles for a month.

I've got the FAST pack release of the YF-19, so I'm more likely to get a VF-19 or something entirely new rather than an improved version of something I already have. I'm facing the same issue with Bandai's VB-6. Unless it's substantially improved over Yamato's I just can't justify it. I've already got the 1/3000 Macross to budget for and a VF-4 toy is about the only thing I'd be willing to dip into savings for.

Would have no intention of replacing my Fast Pack bundle version. I wouldn't mind if they revisted after doing the 19Kai/F/S and a couple non-canon F/S schemes (low viz!) as well as Sound Boosters and Fast Packs.

Definitely not before the VF-17D/S in both Diamond Force and VF-X2 schemes.

Edited by Uxi

I voted yes. Technically everyone said they wouldn't buy a 1/60 vf-1 valk (because they were tired of it) and then they caved because it was good enough of an improvement. :p

I like the yf-19 mostly because I have more good memories of mac plus dogifhtrs than I do of macross 7.

Do take your time with it though. Get everything just right. No breakages, or things like forgetting to have the upper half of the robot lock down properly. (so dangerous for a person who tries to pick the thing up by its arms)

Make the packaging slim and give us the FP free (like the VF-11) and see what you can do about making the under-arm weapon it uses in the OVA to blow up the monster. two sets of hands would be good too.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i think the case of the vf 1 v2 is different because after the 1/48 the unperfect transformation, crushed heads and bust pilots of the v1 looks bad as display side by side of the others 1/60

however the yf 19 still look good to me and the only problem that remember was the unlocked chest that you can fix with a very simple solution that is in the customs section

Edited by valhary

Haven't bought a YF-19 yet, mainly because of the bad reviews. I found the YF-21 a pain to transform and from what I have read the YF-19 is worse and is fragile. Would only pick one up if it's on sale.

A new more user friendly YF-19 would be an immediate buy for me.

• 1 month later...

Its a slow day, so topic resurrection time!

Id also like a Skull 1 scheme for a lot of the ZValks we havent seen it on. I have vague ideas for converting the 11C for that, and maybe the Bird of prety as well.

But yeah i think the 19 we have is fine. There's a lot we need before another one of those. VF17 and 0D are the 2 at the top of the list for me.

I'm more of a Battroid guy, so the pics of the upcoming Kai really blew my mind. I've never been such a fan of the current YF-19's Battroid stand and proportions, so providing Yamato can give it the tightness of the V.2 VF-1 and the proportions of the new Kai, I'm so in! Repaints and everything.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I already voted yes, and now that I'm nearly finished my hasegawa 1/48 custom, I've gotten a new appreciation for this fighter and would really like to see a 1/60 version that does the design justice. Glad for those of you that like the current 1/60, but for me it just doesn't cut it.

Chris

According to Graham, it sounds like it's a possibility, but not for a few years:

An all new YF-19 is actually a possibility for the future (say 2-3 years later), but far from confirmed at this stage. More in the 'we're just starting to consider it' category.

Graham

Personally, I'm fairly certain Yamato will redo it. There's too much money to be made to not make an updated YF-19. The people want it, and will buy it. By that time it will be the YF-21 that will look dated and people will be begging for a new Omega 1. Yamato will some how come up with a magic solution to make a more battroid accurate 21 and blow us all away again...Then a new VF-11. By this time (2014-ish?) the "new" YF-19 will look dated once again and we'll all want a new one. And around and around we go...

According to Graham, it sounds like it's a possibility, but not for a few years:

Personally, I'm fairly certain Yamato will redo it. There's too much money to be made to not make an updated YF-19. The people want it, and will buy it. By that time it will be the YF-21 that will look dated and people will be begging for a new Omega 1. Yamato will some how come up with a magic solution to make a more battroid accurate 21 and blow us all away again...Then a new VF-11. By this time (2014-ish?) the "new" YF-19 will look dated once again and we'll all want a new one. And around and around we go...

Agreed. As long as Yamato is in business and there's interested in the various Macross licenses, we'll keep seeing new/improved versions of whatever sells well. Right now the YF-19 seems to be the most obvious candidate to get the V.2 treatment. And I'm sure the 21 will follow tho' we'll probably have to wait a few years to see it, but I'm a patient guy.

Definitely hope they get to some other stuff before repeating the cycle once again. 1/60 has been my favorite scale, but I'm actually kinda hoping Yamato would revisit 1/72 or 1/100 since you can get alot of realistic aircraft, ground crews, etc at those scales.

Definitely hope they get to some other stuff before repeating the cycle once again. 1/60 has been my favorite scale, but I'm actually kinda hoping Yamato would revisit 1/72 or 1/100 since you can get alot of realistic aircraft, ground crews, etc at those scales.

impossible to fit so much in those smaller scales without sacrificing quality and build, 1/60 is the perfect scale for variable fighter replication.

Besides, Exo has the ground crew figs thing down pat. :p Bandai have done well so far though with 1/100.

If only Yamato would release 1/60 scales of the 14 and 29 already, that would shut us up. I hope 1/60 is here to stay, i hate switching scale...again.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie