Transformers PRIME

The F-16 has delta wings too doesn't it?

Copyright law? Figured General Dynamics would want some product placement, unless Lockheed Martin has the sole rights to be a Transformer now. There was a Harrier-type aircraft in ROTF? I'll have to watch my dvd-rip again.

There were no Harriers in the TF movies. Dirge was not in the movies, but was part of the ROTF toy line.

BTW, General Dynamics no longer owns the rights to the F-16, as it sold its manufacturing business to Lockheed Martin in 1993. They did return to manufacturing aircraft, but only through Gulfstream Aerospace - which does mostly civilian aircraft.

Edited by areaseven

I don't think that starscream's vehicle form was changed to avoid a lawsuit, more likely the warped looking F-16 was a nescesity to get the robot mode to look like it does in the show.

Speaking of the F-16 and its variants/derivitives this gives me the chance to show everyone the plane with my favorite designation!

The F-CK-1 Ching Kuo!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDC_F-CK-1_Ching-kuo

Built by the Republic of China(Taiwan) This plane looks like what happens when you try to cobble a working plane together from spare parts of an F-16, F-18, F-111, and a Mig 29.

Anyone actually watch the series?

It's slowly growing on me. I like the in medias res aspect of the story, but the human characters are almost all vomit-inducing. Especially Miko :angry: I also dislike Bumblebee and his non-voice voice, but I like how the story seems to focus on Arcee.

Speaking of Arcee, does anyone instantly think of Priss from Bubblegum Crisis when looking at her robot mode?

I was told that the series was worth watching. Just finished seeing the first season and I actually liked it a lot, specially the last two episodes. As said, the human girl really is the stuff of legends in regards to how annoying she is. View the humans as the Autobots personal Tamagotchi (those annoying digital pets that people for some strange reason kept around) and just focus on the great robot interaction.

That said, there are some humans that make this story very interesting.

Optimus is pretty much the one from G1 and the Animated movie: perfect wise leader and hero. Nice but he is just too perfect, kinda miss the doubts of Primal and Animated Optimus. The rest of the Autobots have nice personalities, specially Arcee and Bulkhead. Mute Bumblebee, has some good action scenes but his character is as mute as his voice (he does have a good episode with a certain Decepticon).

I liked Megatron and Starscream is just fantastic in this incarnation.

Animation is really good with some great fighting scenes.

Can't wait for season 2.

The focus on Starscream in the last two episodes really raised the bar. Once again, Steve Blum's voice acting (as well as good writing) really make the series.

I don't remember G1 that well (aside from the movie), but I feel like Prime could stand to be featured/fleshed out a lot more...I think he gets even less screentime than Ratchet, and seems to mainly act as the cavalry after Bulkhead or Arcee have their "moment."

Speaking of which: I can stand the kids, but I wish they'd kept Wheeljack or Cliffjumper around because, while Arcee is cool, the constant focus on her and Bulkhead will eventually get old.

Although, really, some episodes centering on Prime or Ratchet (maybe even Bee) would work, too.

Edited by jwasko

Optimus is pretty much the one from G1 and the Animated movie: perfect wise leader and hero. Nice but he is just too perfect, kinda miss the doubts of Primal and Animated Optimus.

I don't mind that so much, since Optimu isn't the POV character of this show. Even in his G1 incarnation, all his doubts and self-loathing were private; he always projected the image of a calm, competant, unflappable leader. Since we don't get to hear Prime Prime's inner monologue, I'm fine with filling in the blanks with my own personal interpretations.

Also? Ratchet is by far my favourite character. "<insert name>, I needed that!"

So I'm a few more episodes into the show. Miko has *gag* grown on me a bit. Only a bit, though, since it's more Bulkhead's protectiveness that I like. I'm just no longer activly wishing her death and misery on an episodic basis.

I love how every character gets its chance to shine. Soundwave is awesome, even without saying a single word on his own. His unending loyalty to Megatron is impressive. And speaking of Megsie... Oh Em Gee, this is one bot I'd be terrified of. I've always held Beast Wars Megatron as the best villian but I'm having to rethink that...

EDIT: aaaaaand as of Episode 15, I've regressed a bit. My new (old) outlook: Kill the girl! *mouth froth* Kill her now!

Edited by CoryHolmes

So is there a place online you can actually watch all these? I only saw a couple of eps available on the Hub and then a bunch of random clips.

I'm sure if you search google for something like "streaming Transformers prime" you'll find something. Just make sure you have antivirus/adware.

Edit: Actually, this site was recently liked in the Thundercats thread: http://www.watchcartoononline.com/

I've always held Beast Wars Megatron as the best villian but I'm having to rethink that...

I think I still prefer BW Megs, because he was cold and calculating but still vicious when he needed to be...which is what I like the best in a villain.

This new Megs is definitely more evil and a lot less sane. That's not a bad thing, though, and I have quite enjoyed this version as well.

Edited by jwasko

• 2 months later...

I want to watch this and I feel Like I should be watching this but I just haven't wanted to mess with trying to get caught up via downloads/streaming video or trying to catch reruns with the DVR. At this point I'm waiting for the season finale so I can DL the entire show and marathon through it in one go. Then once season 2 starts I'll be able to fallow along as it airs.

Edited by anime52k8

The F-16 has delta wings too doesn't it?

Copyright law? Figured General Dynamics would want some product placement, unless Lockheed Martin has the sole rights to be a Transformer now. There was a Harrier-type aircraft in ROTF? I'll have to watch my dvd-rip again.

One of the delta-winged F-16s is designated the F-16XL.

Interesting thing is the F-16 is the aircraft flown by Hawk Hunter, the main character of the Wingman series of novels.

If I remember right, on of the G1 Targetmasters was an F-16XL, though I can't remember his name. He had the destinction of coming with two transforming weapons instead of one.

I have yet to see the season finale of Prime. I think I'll catch it when it comes up on In Demand.

See the latest episode?

Big spoiler don't click unless you've watched

That involves Unicron...

Seriously it's really a really big spoiler

is planet earth!

the story is good but that reveal kinda spoils Unicron because it would seem like we'll never see his full potential unless the earth gets destroyed.

I'm liking the later episodes better than the first ones. Ratchet kicking butt was a good one... and the Prime vs. Megatron Brawl was pretty cool too.

the story is good but that reveal kinda spoils Unicron because it would seem like we'll never see his full potential unless the earth gets destroyed.

I'm liking the later episodes better than the first ones. Ratchet kicking butt was a good one... and the Prime vs. Megatron Brawl was pretty cool too.

But seeing a fraction of his power is just as good. I want to see the battle royale between Optimus and the unicron clones.

One of the delta-winged F-16s is designated the F-16XL.

Interesting thing is the F-16 is the aircraft flown by Hawk Hunter, the main character of the Wingman series of novels.

If I remember right, on of the G1 Targetmasters was an F-16XL, though I can't remember his name. He had the destinction of coming with two transforming weapons instead of one.

I have yet to see the season finale of Prime. I think I'll catch it when it comes up on In Demand.

that's needlenose my collector guide refers to the vehicle mode as a "french mirage of the 2000" family lol :blink:

that's needlenose my collector guide refers to the vehicle mode as a "french mirage of the 2000" family lol :blink:

I find that hard to believe, since the Needlenose my brother had had the F-16 intake scoop under the fuselage. I just wikied the Mirage 2000, and the aircraft lacks the belly intake scoop.

In this wiki photo of the Mirage, there are twin intake scoops on either side of the fusalage.

Check out this YouTube review of

you can clearly see the intake scoop just above the foreward landing gear.

I find that hard to believe, since the Needlenose my brother had had the F-16 intake scoop under the fuselage. I just wikied the Mirage 2000, and the aircraft lacks the belly intake scoop.

In this wiki photo of the Mirage, there are twin intake scoops on either side of the fusalage.

Check out this YouTube review of

you can clearly see the intake scoop just above the foreward landing gear.

Oh is definately a F-16XL I put the wrong emoticon I meant the roll eyes one. The guy Mark Bellomo really got it wrong. Its a shame too considering how much work went into the guide and he actually seems to know a little about weapons of war.

Why do so many people hate the human characters in this show? I like them just fine.

Partly due to M. Bay. When it should be called "Sam Witwickey" and not Transformers.

If you watch the first two movies, the Transformers are harley in the film. As a Transformers fan, I'd like to see a series that focuses on the Transformers. I don't give a crap about Sam crying about this or that. Or the dumb @ss M. Bay jokes. Just give me the Transformers.

The humans have become the "Snarf"* of Transformers. The annoying, not funny comic relief.

If you're going to have humans, they should have some major significance to the storyline other than "it takes place on Earth" or for comic relief.

*I was referring to the Snarf of the OLD SCHOOL Thundercats. The new version of Thundercats is awesome, and Snarf is acceptable in that show.

I don't know about you guys, but I actually love the kids in the show. They are not annoying by any sense, and really kind of seem to remind me of the human characters of G1, and their interaction with the bots. Also, obviously beyond that, I don't feel like they are stealing any time or anything away from the bots themselves, but really, adding more to the depth of the show at hand.

And with the announcement that between the season finale and early episodes of season 2, there will be a 'bot to die, and how that will bode with his or her human counterpart will be interesting to watch as well.

My theory? Bulkhead bites it, but Wheeljack is there to replace him in season 2