Transformers PRIME

What happened to the G1 inspired stuff from the game?

WFC and the novel Exodus are more or less prequels to Transformers Prime.

But from here it seems to take elements from the Movieverse and Animated.

WFC and Exodus were more of a mixed continuity with the characters but G1 dominated.

I do wonder if they'll still keep that Exodus bit

Trypticon is the Nemesis.

I'm already loving Cliffjumper. After years of him being nothing but a red Bumblebee repaint, it's great to see him get an awesome alt mode. The steer horns are a little too Boss Hog, but I can live with that.

Next to Cliff my favorite design so far looks to be Ratchet.

Can't wait to see what Bulkhead looks like.

I'm starting to get worried about this new continuity for some reason.

Yeah. As I said in the main TF thread, it's like Bayformers Animated. And with Hasbro's cryptic mumblings about how War for Cybertron is canon for TF going forward, Transformers Prime is looking way too much like a "let's mash the various Transformers continuity into a unified whole."

Not to mention the fact that, while I think they worked fine for the movies, I haven't thought the Bayformers designs made for the best toys. I don't see TF Prime's toys (if/when they release any) being any better.

Yeah. As I said in the main TF thread, it's like Bayformers Animated. And with Hasbro's cryptic mumblings about how War for Cybertron is canon for TF going forward, Transformers Prime is looking way too much like a "let's mash the various Transformers continuity into a unified whole."

Not to mention the fact that, while I think they worked fine for the movies, I haven't thought the Bayformers designs made for the best toys. I don't see TF Prime's toys (if/when they release any) being any better.

Siebenaler can work wonders...I'm eager to see what he does with the Optimus Prime figure..I'm not a fan of the Prime Prime design just yet, but Siebenaler is a genius.

I hope Hasbro knows that one of the reasons War for Cybertron did well was because it went as far as possible from the Bayformers version without alienating people who liked it. I was really hoping they would do a serious take on G1 without the silly stuff from the cartoon (giant purple griffin, B.O.T.) and live movies.

• 3 weeks later...

It is another version of Michealbaybots. It's going to suck.

Who was the Cylon BumbleBee punched? LOL...I loved the game and play it regularly. Not sure what Exodus is all about, but I'm sure someone will point me in that direction.

Exodus is a novel written by Alex Irvine, and chronicles the rise of Megatron and OP in the pre-civil war era on Cybertron. From what I've read in the reviews, the premise is interesting, depicting Megs and OP as like-minded friends before the eventual falling out (think Prof. X and Magneto).

Some of the elements in the novel ties in with the WFC game, but with minor differences. For instance, Zeta Prime in WFC is called Sentinel Prime in the novel, and the events unfold differently in the game and novel, although both have a similar ending.

Wrong, mate. G1 season 1-2 is the best animated TF ever. Transformers Animated is the best TF tribute ever.

You're all wrong. Beast Wars was the best animated TF. Munky not Trukk.

Taksraven

Wrong, mate. G1 season 1-2 is the best animated TF ever. Transformers Animated is the best TF tribute ever.

Honestly, my favourite animated Transformers is the original movie. The old tv series does not hold up well with age, but the movie is still really great.

G1's premise was excellent. It created an immersive world that still resonates. Plus, the 1986 movie was epic.

Beast Wars had great writing. It enhanced what was already good about G1 and made more sense of it while still establishing its own story.

Animated, while it also had great writing, was a reboot/alt. reality. It served its own story well, while providing tons of fan service.

Not sure what's canon according to Hasbro. I tend to decide what I like, then it becomes canon to me.

Edited by RD Blade

Exodus is a novel written by Alex Irvine, and chronicles the rise of Megatron and OP in the pre-civil war era on Cybertron. From what I've read in the reviews, the premise is interesting, depicting Megs and OP as like-minded friends before the eventual falling out (think Prof. X and Magneto).

Some of the elements in the novel ties in with the WFC game, but with minor differences. For instance, Zeta Prime in WFC is called Sentinel Prime in the novel, and the events unfold differently in the game and novel, although both have a similar ending.

Thanks! I'll pick it up next time I'm at B&N.

G1's premise was excellent. It created an immersive world that still resonates. Plus, the 1986 movie was epic.

Beast Wars had great writing. It enhanced what was already good about G1 and made more sense of it while still establishing its own story.

Animated, while it also had great writing, was a reboot/alt. reality. It served its own story well, while providing tons of fan service.

Not sure what's canon according to Hasbro. I tend to decide what I like, then it becomes canon to me.

They're all canon. Transformers is multiversal.

But G1-ish aesthetics aside, War for Cybertron is stated to be a prequel to Transformers Prime. And Prime's been stated to be set in the Bay-verse.

They're all canon. Transformers is multiversal.

But G1-ish aesthetics aside, War for Cybertron is stated to be a prequel to Transformers Prime. And Prime's been stated to be set in the Bay-verse.

I thought WFC was supposed to be canon for all of Transformers?

I thought WFC was supposed to be canon for all of Transformers?

WFC though a mix continuity prequel to Transformers Prime is not a prequel for every TF continuity.

WFC and Exodus are attempts by Hasbro to create a mythology. In Exodus' case we get Alpha Trion knows what is going to happen and the real name of the Fallen and how it relates to Megatron. Alpha Trion and the Fallen along with Prima, Vector Prime and the Liege Maximo are members of the original Thirteen Transformers created by Primus who are multi-singularities. Meaning they are the same guy in every universe. The real name of the Fallen is

Megatronus Prime

WFC though a mix continuity prequel to Transformers Prime is not a prequel for every TF continuity.

WFC and Exodus are attempts by Hasbro to create a mythology. In Exodus' case we get Alpha Trion knows what is going to happen and the real name of the Fallen and how it relates to Megatron. Alpha Trion and the Fallen along with Prima, Vector Prime and the Liege Maximo are members of the original Thirteen Transformers created by Primus who are multi-singularities. Meaning they are the same guy in every universe. The real name of the Fallen is

Megatronus Prime

Speaking of whom, here's a bit of trivia:

Back in the pre-civil war days, a certain mining bot named D-16 took the Fallen's namesake of Megatronus as his "stage name" in the gladiatorial arena. As his victories pile on, his fans began feverishly chanting his name, which eventually shortened to...Megatron.

• 2 weeks later...

Voice Cast and Show Info - Let's see how Steven Blum (Spike in Cowboy Bebop, Roger in The Big O) does as Starscream.

Finally Welker back as Megatron (if he couldn't do it, I would rather see Simon Templeman than Hugo Weaving do that voice). Too bad they couldn't get ol' Cobra Commander to do Starcream, but I hope Blum is good at the role.

Great, one of the feaking Baldwin bros. is part of the cast as Breakdown no less (check the link above to find out why I bolded the name); There is only one Baldwin I really liked, and that is Daniel (Beau Felton, anyone?).