I too would like to see this series play through to a satisfying conclusion one or more seasons hence. And I have absolutely no problems with goofy and/or oddball characters, and tangential or stand-alone episodes; they can add a lot of flavor and charm and "world" broadening to the series (the episode The Forever Bag was a great example of such). But they need better writers and producers that keep the core story line and characters' back-story and growth more defined and coherent or they will run the risk of losing their audience and get canceled, and that would be a shame because I still think that this series holds a lot of promise.

The quirky character episodes are good stand alones, but there's just way too many of them in one season.

BTW, speaking of anime influences, Arcee from TF:PRime is heavily influenced by Priss Hardsuit from BGC.

There's definately a lot of filler going on right now, which was a major problem with the original series. If they stuck with core story episodes things would be a lot better. As it stands I can't quite figure out why Mum-rah's geenrals aren't on thier ass right now.

Caring less and less about the show. The last two eps did nothing for me, and I'm starting to wonder if I should watch the next one. I'll probably watch it until the end if this season, though.

Has this show even been confirmed with a season 2 since the toy line seems to be heading towards clearance?

Has this show even been confirmed with a season 2 since the toy line seems to be heading towards clearance?

Probably not, by the looks of it. Honestly, I'm not sure if the toy line is any indication of the show's popularity--the figs just plain sucked, with only a couple of exceptions (Mumra got decent reviews, I think).

Either way, they'd better pick up the pace with the main story, because it's really starting to drag.

Well, this last episode was actually pretty good, and I was glad they paid due attention to continuity; it's episodes like this that keep me watching and hoping that the production and writing staffs can keep their act together and given the chance to finish this series.

Speculation over, it was a sky city. Did anyone else get a Millenium Falcon heading to Besbin vibe as the Feliner is approaching Avista? It seemed to me that they did a homage to ESB here. The Feliner itself was a good link to the Soul Sever episode as it was glimpsed and commented upon in that episode.

Good to see that they didn't forget about the Forever Bag... Kit and Kat using it to avoid the Avian-centric banquet was cute and fun, and their turning Panthro's admonishment back at him was hilarious.

And speaking of Panthro, having him suffer from Acrophobia was a nice bit of humor that served the purpose of tying Tygra's natural piloting abilities, if a bit too convinient, with his ancestors having been Mumm-Rah's elite fighter pilots. However, how Lion-O would know this history is unclear, at best.

The "Simon" key pad on the door was kind of neat too.

Edited by mechaninac

Well it looks like Vulture Man, neutral as he may be, is as conniving as his first series version. First he tries to win a aerospace race against Tigra by cheating, and then, well, I won't say it without giving too much away, Let's just say that I hope the Wily kids bring in the cavalry to save the day.

Although I do think Pumyra did deserve what she got for the stunt she pulled, if the punishment was a tad extreme.

Honestly, I'm not sure if the toy line is any indication of the show's popularity--the figs just plain sucked, with only a couple of exceptions (Mumra got decent reviews, I think).

I completely disagree. I think both figure lines have been great. They're a really nice balance of solid construction, articulation and clean paint details. The 6" figures are some of my favorite 6" figures in quite some time, and the 4" line, while geared more for kids, has a lot of variety and doesn't really skimp that much on the articulation and detail, either.

Really the only figures that I think are a bit lackluster are the Armor of Omens, mummy Mumm Ra and the cubs, and that's because they lack articulation.

Not saying it's the best line of toys ever, but they look like masterpieces compared to that new line of Batman movie figures. :p

I completely disagree. I think both figure lines have been great. They're a really nice balance of solid construction, articulation and clean paint details. The 6" figures are some of my favorite 6" figures in quite some time, and the 4" line, while geared more for kids, has a lot of variety and doesn't really skimp that much on the articulation and detail, either.

Really the only figures that I think are a bit lackluster are the Armor of Omens, mummy Mumm Ra and the cubs, and that's because they lack articulation.

Not saying it's the best line of toys ever, but they look like masterpieces compared to that new line of Batman movie figures. :p

I've probably been pampered by MF's figma line too much, LOL! :lol:

I agree that many of the 6" figs are decent, but IMO Cheetara didn't really measure up--gigantic hands, giraffe neck and small head. That said, given the price point of the line, it was the best they could do to give her an articulated neck and preserve the long hair.

But yeah, the toys didn't all suck. I kept hearing about how bad the 4" figs were, and after reading a couple of reviews, I got the impression that the line was pretty bad. As for the 6" figs, I've only heard discussions of Cheetara, which is basically the weakest of the figs so far.

They really needed to support the Classics line also. They really blew it starting off with the 8" figs and then going to the 6". What they needed to do was to have researched and realized that the line needed to fit in with the He-Man figs in the market already. 7" figures. And they needed to have done more than Lion-O and Tygra. Lion-O looked good. But Tygra was a pretty weak sculpt. Even in clearance I couldn't bring myself to put money down on him. But if it was in scale with MOTU and had a great sculpt aimed at the old school audience they were trying to rope in, I think the classics line would have outlasted the modern toys. Look at Mattel's Voltron. The people that wanted those Classics figures are adult in demand of a high quality collector's grade product. Up to snuff with Yamato valks, PlayArts,figma,revoltech figures. Or well sculpted 3 1/4 scale figs that have really nice vehicles/accessories.

Just watched the latest ep. FINALLY back on track, and Pumyra's finally quit her "I hate you, Lion-O...aw, my hero" thing.

Got some nice revelations going on with the back story, too.

Great characterization with Voltaire. Would have been boring if he turned out to be another psycho or sadistic brute.

Can;t wait for the second part.

Sure did. Pretty good episode too.

One "small" betrayal that was not at all surprising given the nature of the character and another "huge" betrayal that I never saw coming; although, I guess seeing the one person to whom she looked for salvation walk away from Thundera as she lay dying under a collapsed wall would have filled her with the rage she carried to her death and resurection... a seething hatred Mumm-Ra was all too eager to exploit.

This episode, like this week's TLOK, ends on a note of defeat for the protagonists which I always find far more interesting than a happy ending... sort of like SW-ESB

Great way to end the season.

Pumyra was a bit of a surprise, as was the cavalry rescue in the last minute. While I found her anger just a little misplaced (they didn't outright betray or abandon her--they just didn't heard her crying for help), she seems to be acting perfectly in character, being a hot-tempered and somewhat brash woman.

LOL! Didn't expect Kit to be Lion-O's voice of reason.

Just saw the season finale.

Wow. That's how the show should be all the time (except for the obligatory last scene, yuck!) But the aerial battle and how Voltaire (dumb name) becomes part of the mutants. Awesome!

At first I was thinking that they can't take the stone, but then I remembered that it was a city full of birds with wings.

Holy cow! I heard about Pummyra being a traitor, but I still kinda couldn't believe it. Because that really strays from the old cartoon. And I'm all for it!

One thing that bugged me is that Lion-O wipes out a bunch of ships with the sword of Omens. I always wondered if he can do it and now that I see that he can... wtf hasn't he done it before???

Good finale... too little, too late?

So, they're splitting seasons the way they do on the scify network?... learn something new every day.

The seasons are split by 26 episodes. Same as anime shows.

One thing that bugged me is that Lion-O wipes out a bunch of ships with the sword of Omens. I always wondered if he can do it and now that I see that he can... wtf hasn't he done it before???

Well Lion-O is a merciful warrior that avoids killing whenever possible. I guess In this case though he figured that vaporizing Mumm-Ra's minions was more mercyful then making them fall thousands of feet to their graves.

Also there was that really corny moment where the Sword of Omens upgraded itself after it sensed Lion-O's intentions to protect Pummyra from that Dino-Ra/Mummra-zilla monster.

overall T-Cats got better as it went along for me. It started strong, but dipped first into 'Lion-o learns a lesson'. just after the frist big break it came back and slowly got better and better till we reached a very satisfying first season cliffhanger. Will there be more? I genuinely hope so, and i wouldnt have believed id think that when the show started.

• 4 weeks later...

This series just ended too horribly lame for me.

The first half of the season had this nice mystic and grandeur of fantasy touching sci-fi.

Then we got that stupid butterfly episode, the Thundertank became a mobile home, and that stupid magic bag of total lameness just completely ruined it.

Edited by Omegablue