:lol: That'll do it... type and sleep is a recipe for errors...

Já vivo nos Estados Unidos há muitos anos e eu ainda encontro certas palavras ou frases que simplesmente não podem ser facilmente traduzidas.

Back on topic. All Thunderan females are hot; but then, in anime (Thundercats isn't anime, I know, but its visual style is heavily influenced by it), all catgirls/women are hot.

The last episode had me wondering why Whily Kit and Kat did not return to the family farm after the fall of Thundera to at least check if their mother and siblings were okay.

Actually, I know this is due to this being an open ended show with multiple writers who don't always compare notes; this will then necessitate some future episode to shoehorn an explanation... similar to what they did with the whole Lion-o/Cheetara/Tygra love triangle thing. Or just leave it unresolved as a small scab one wants to pick at from time to time...

Ah, that clears things up a bit.

Yeah, a lot of the back story seems to have been shoehorned into the series by different writes. Tygra and Cheetara seem to be oblivious to each other and make no hint at all of having known each other as children until the sudden "betrayal."

I don't see any canon killer there. They left home until they could bring back enough money (be it from a mythical city or otherwise) to help out their family. Doesn't make sense to go back after the fall of the main city, especially with Lizards on their tale.

Right.... :rolleyes: It makes no sense to swing by home to check on mom and the little ones after the entire Thunderan civilization had been decimated. The quixotic quest is far more important than finding out if their loved ones survived; never mind that the lizards were not preocupied with hunting down two lowly kittens.

Besides, at the start of the series one gets the impression that Kit and Kat were orphans, not runaways, and that they hook up with Lion-o and crew because they had no other choice and/or were looking for adventure. I'm not saying that it ivalidades or violates previously stablished events, but it does mucks things up somewhat. It's like the love triangle, and not recognizing Panthro when he makes his entry... it's just sloppy continuity.

The only reason they wouldn't go back to the farm given what befell Thundera, and in light of this latest episode, is if they feel shame for having abandoned their mother and siblings in the first place... can't face her; or were afraid to discover that they had become real orphans.

And yet, what are the chances Lion-O & company would have taken them with if they knew they Kit & Kat still had a home to go back to? You're underestimating their motivation to find that treasure to take care of their family.

No underestimating of any motivation; except, perhaps, the writers after-the-fact additions/elaborations which, if not outright trampling on continuity, do make things somewhat haphazard.

However...

The latest episode does introduce a couple of new elements

The first is not related to my anoyance of how the writers have handled some aspects of continuity. We have Pumyra!

There are Thunderan survivors (refugees and slaves) to be rescued... maybe Kit and Kat's mom will be among them.

Just watched the latest ep. And you'd think Lion-O's learned to use his head more after all that's happened.

Pumyra doesn't seem like the love interest type, but maybe I just prefer Cheetara's gentler demeanor. Then again, Lion-O kind of needs a strong other half. Either way, it's good to see another competent fighter in the team.

How does Thunderan survivors not fit into the continuity? Thundera wasn't completely nuked or anything and, we saw in the first two episodes how Lion-O and company were imprisoned. So it makes perfect sense to me that most of the surviving cats were rounded up and imprisoned somewhere by the lizards. Its also a fitting dramatic irony that the Thundercats who were once Mum-Ra's slave masters are now his slaves.

As for Pumyra I would give the show some episodes for things to change. Their would be no dramatic conflict for the show to use if they just got the characters to hook-up right away.

No one has made any assertions that survivors do not fit into the continuity. In fact, Thunderan wanderers, refugees, prisoners and slaves make perfect logical sense; after all, Thundera was destroyed and its population decimated, but the cats were not exterminated... the civilization may be gone but some of the inhabitants must have survived -- Pumyra and the mining slaves are a prime example.

The continuity issues stem from some inconsistencies created by the writers' penchant for elaborating on character's back story without paying much heed to inferred or established events. Take Panthro's entrance with the Thundertank when he rescued Lion-O and crew at the end of the Petallars episode... they did not know who he was, but in a later episode it was established that Lion-O and Tygra knew him from when they were adolescents (Panthro and Grune were shown to be present during a sparring session between Lion-O and Tygra), and Mumm-Ra disguised himself as Panthro in the series premier and Claudius certainly knew him and Tygra seemed to worship Grune as a hero. Then there is Cheetara giving no impression of knowing Tygra and being interested in Lion-O until, all of a sudden, they did know each other from when they were young and were mutually romantically atracted, to Lion-O's surprise. And the latest is WilyKit and WilyKat's new backstory... it was inferred early on that they were orphans with a dream to find El Dara so that they wouldn't need to scrounge for survival; but suddenly, they're runaways who left their family in order to find the fabled city to bring back riches so their mother wouldn't have to struggle to maintain the farm.

These are just personal nit-picks, but the last one just felt more out of place than the others. For one, linking with Lion-O and crew without even attempting to find out if their mother and siblings survived just does not make much sense as far as a reaction to the tragedy that befell Thundera. Second, if searching for El Dara is such an important driving motivation to their actions, then joining Lion-O makes less sense to their goal; it's like searching for Shangri-La by joining with a group of international fugitives with a price on their head who are seeking the Arc of the Covenant... they're entirely unrelated.

Edited by mechaninac

I don't see that as a conflict either. Considering both had been gone for quite a while, it's perfectly reasonable that Lion-o & Tigra would have little/no reccolection of some old dudes they knew once.

Yeah, the Panthro thing is the least bothersome of all the little inconsistencies that have crept into this series... it's there but not as glaring, and one can also say that Lion-O was too young and flighty to pay much attention to the adults who frequented the Palace on a regular basis; Tygra, however, was older and of a more serious, thoughtfull, temperament so he would have remembered Panthro at least in passing since he was most often accompanied by Grune whom Tygra seemed to idolize.

• 2 weeks later...

Two solid episodes in a row; and on the latest one we get to see the sarcophagus tank again, as well as Leo and Pantera.

The origin of the Sword of Plundar and the Sword of Omens from the left over scraps of Mumm-Ra's blade was quite interesting; although, I found a nit to pick with the destruction of an entire galaxy within a few seconds... it stretches the realm of fantasy, even in a cartoon, to the breaking point -- it did look impressive, however.

<p>Yeah, the cartoon sacrifices a lot for the sake of the completeness of one episode. I'm wondering if this episode's Leo story really melds with the previous one. Also, resetting Pumyrra's attitude towards Lion-O in the beginning just to come to the same conclusion at the end. The over all story is good but they really have to tighten up the bigger picture.</p><p>I'm just glad that they lost this time... it would have been unbelievable if they kept winning and winning. I'm wondering what happened to Jackalman and Monkian though.</p>

Another good ep where the last one left off--that makes three good episodes in a row. I agree about needlessly resetting Pumyra's impression of Lion-O. If she was already starting to open up to him in the last ep, then just continue from there.

The flashbacks were nicely interspersed with what was currently happening, too. Didn't feel disjointed in any way.

Probably just me, but the name Panthera kept reminding me of a certain heavy metal band back in the day. Speaking of whom, is she just freakishly tall, or is Leo rather short for a humanoid lion?

The galaxy destruction scene was entirely plausible IMO... considering the cosmic Lovecraftian horrors of Mumma-Ra's ancient spirits of evil. .

It's not the plausibility of it that I found hard to swallow; it was the speed with which it ocurred that I found silly. Let's say Plundar was the same size as the Milky Way (100K LY across); that matter-to-energy blast wave from the desdruction of a single star orbiting the galactic center black hole was traveling at ludicrous speed to span the whole spiral in the few seconds portraid on screen... to paraphrase Spaceballs: it's gone to plaid! I know I'm being overly critical here... it's a cartoon for cripes sake, and considering the techno magic fusion of Mumm-Ra's arsenal of tricks and the mystical powers of his patron deities, I guess an explosion followed by implosion sequence that travels at at least 10s-of-thousands of LY/s is okay; but it did rub my credibility bone raw! And never mind that all that mass would re-collapse into an even bigger black hole than the one that was there before, instead of coallescing into a metallic blob light enough to be carried by hand... :wacko:

On the plus side, I do believe that's the first time I've ever seen a galactic obliteration portraid on screen, and I did note that it looked impressive. Star Trek, from its inception, made mention that a starship could lay waste to a continent, and the Doomsday Machine could blast planets appart; B5's Vorlons had a planet killer that could destroy worlds; Andromeda had Nova Bombs that could blow up a star... Mumm-Ra has them all beat with his satellite of galactic doom... :p

Edited by mechaninac

It's not the plausibility of it that I found hard to swallow; it was the speed with which it ocurred that I found silly. Let's say Plundar was the same size as the Milky Way (100K LY across); that matter-to-energy blast wave from the desdruction of a single star orbiting the galactic center black hole was traveling at ludicrous speed to span the whole spiral in the few seconds portraid on screen... to paraphrase Spaceballs: it's gone to plaid! I know I'm being overly critical here... it's a cartoon for cripes sake, and considering the techno magic fusion of Mumm-Ra's arsenal of tricks and the mystical powers of his patron deities, I guess an explosion followed by implosion sequence that travels at at least 10s-of-thousands of LY/s is okay; but it did rub my credibility bone raw! And never mind that all that mass would re-collapse into an even bigger black hole than the one that was there before, instead of coallescing into a metallic blob light enough to be carried by hand... :wacko:

But if the universe is one big matrix, then such glitches in time and speed are very possible. ;):D

[spoilerAnd never mind that all that mass would re-collapse into an even bigger black hole than the one that was there before, instead of coallescing into a metallic blob light enough to be carried by hand... :wacko:

I imagine the vast majority of the galatic mass was probably converted into eitheral energy on the "other siade" where the swords draw their magic powers from. Plus the ancient spirits of evil probably had a feast on the galaxtic "sacrifical lamb."

Also out of curisity was anyone else reminded of the 'space magic metallorgy" from the "Harlock Saga"?... maybe we will evenl get a space battle set to the tune of "Ride of Valkaryrie" after Mumm-Ra repairs his space pyramid ship. :lol:

Mumm-Ra has them all beat with his satellite of galactic doom... :p

What struck me most is that it seems to be a mass manufacted weapon considering that the ship is dotted with numerous satelite/missle ports on all sides... Panthera sure wasn't kidding when she said that Mumm-Ra could litterally destroy the universe. :lol:

Edited by Freiflug88

Mumrah is nothing to Basara, one speaker pod gamma into his ship, and all of the species would band together to toss Mumrah out into space. Basara took out the Protodevelin, ancience spirits of evil ain't sh!t!

Music soothes the savage beasts, but if we're talking about most of Fire Bomber's songs I'd bet on the beats going into a mindless murdering rampage, tearing each other apart while Mumm-Ra sits on a mezzanine somewhere, eating popcorn and watching the show...

And without Dr. Chiba and others providing the technology of the Speaker Pod Gamma and other Spiritia projecting and enhancing goodies, Bassara would be nothing more than an annoying loud mouth peacenik haranguing people with "Listen to my Song!" :p

And hmm...

Ancient Spirits of Evil: Primordial demigods from the lower planes who posess the power, directly or through their spawn Mumm-Ra's Techno-magic, to completely destroy an entire spiral galaxy within seconds or...

Protodeviln: Left over bio weapons engineered by a, form all evidence, long dead race who look, for the most part, like a troupe of rejects from Cirque du Soleil...

I'll let others be the judge.

So anything that slightly resembles a cube, it's automatically a rip off of the Einstein? That's very cheap... :blink:

If that's the case, then they all ripped off the Pyramid ship from the original Stargate movie, and it before ripped something else.

Then again Basara could be a Thundercat... erh, I mean a Pussy-Cat! :lol:

Edited by Omegablue

Oh, come now, I posted that tongue-in-cheek. I thought the "sort of" and " :p " made that clear... :p:D

And all these designs are rip offs of those Egyptian burrial pointy thingies...

If I had to name a Thundercat to connect to Bassara it would be Snarf from the original series.

I see where you're confused. You confuse Mumrah's ineptitude in doing anything "but" destroying one pocket galaxy, with and his s'posed masters being able to wreck just about anything. Fact: Mumrah is all bark & no bite, needs others to do just about everything for him (probably wrap him too), and can't even keep his ranks in check.

Basara on the otherhand defeated interdimensional energy beings with the capability to nuke you, vaporize you, fold just about anywhere they want, and (for the most part) can keep their crew together. So no, Basara clearly wins this one.