The Gurren Lagann Thread II.

• 5 weeks later...

Chewie did you go to FanimeCon?

I saw a box of Boota plushies close to the Animebooks store. I should have grabbed one. :wacko:

Roomate and a few buddies did. I forgot about it until it was too late to ask for time off. =( He was telling me about a "hidden treasure box" of them.

I love it.

I loved Kiyal's Magical Theme. Hahaha. I'd so watch a whole series about that.

Kittan Zero: epic....loved it. Kittan Kick!

Sense Of Wonder: were they lord genome's sex slaves or something?

Dai Gurren Goodbye: wished i understood the subtitles. Pretty sad though.

Gunmen Symphonia: errr...ok

Ore no XXX wa Uchu Hitotsu: wait what.....someone high on drugs?

Big Building: Someone's DEFINATELY high on drugs.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I already own the series, but hot damn I am so going to buy the second movie. There was so much awesomeness in it my TV may asplode.

Gah, the Anime Legends of Gurren Lagann is already out? $40 for the complete series, not bad at all. Anyone who was on the fence about buying the series should definitely jump on this.

Edited by one_klump

I bought the entire series on DVD and wrote 27 poetic aphorisms that express my love for the show, as well as putting together a huge compilation of screen caps (click on the image to make it larger). All text in english naturally :-) :

http://dyrl.pl/detale.html?id=795

Can't wait for my Composite Ver. Gurren Lagann to arrive :-)

Pete

I bought the entire series on DVD and wrote 27 poetic aphorisms that express my love for the show, as well as putting together a huge compilation of screen caps (click on the image to make it larger). All text in english naturally :-) :

http://dyrl.pl/detale.html?id=795

Pete

Like the aphorisms you wrote up!

Thanks Marzan smile.gif @One_Klump - everything can be taken out of context :-)

Pete

If you're interested in the movies, rightstuf now carries them, and they ship to Europe. First movie is a little too much retreat retread, and skips far too much, but the second movie is definately packed with at least 12 kinds of awesome.

Edited by Keith

If you're interested in the movies, rightstuf now carries them, and they ship to Europe. First movie is a little too much retreat, and skips far too much, but the second movie is definately packed with at least 12 kinds of awesome.

definitely splurging out my hard earned cash on the 2nd one. And will definitely have to get the american release, since I don't think they'll make a european one.

Thanks, but for now - in terms of DVDs - I'd like to get my hands on Neon Genesis Evangelion - NOT 2.0 but the original series :-)

Pete

Wait a minute, have you seen 2.22? Because if not, you are doing yourself a serious injustice.

No - I haven't. But all of my figures are from the original series - my SOC Spec EVAs are all based on the original, as are my revoltechs. If I go and buy 2.0, I'll be struck by a mental dysonans between the content of my toy collection vs. the content of my DVD collection. Besides, I really like the original from beginning to end and want to have it on DVD :-)

Pete

No - I haven't. But all of my figures are from the original series - my SOC Spec EVAs are all based on the original, as are my revoltechs. If I go and buy 2.0, I'll be struck by a mental dysonans between the content of my toy collection vs. the content of my DVD collection. Besides, I really like the original from beginning to end and want to have it on DVD :-)

Pete

Ebay it.

Pete

I'm just going to tell you flat out. Go get your ass copy of 1.11 & 2.22. Now!!

• 1 year later...

Riobot Gurren Lagann. Due April 2012.

These preorders are going fast here.

http://www.amiami.jp.../e_display.html

I don't get it. why exactly is this twice as expensive as the Composite ver.Ka Gurren Lagann when it appears to be a slightly smaller figure.

That version KA was full of FAIL. Who cares...glad I canceled my preorder.

Check out the video below...this one's got some wicked articulation AND it's packed the the gills.

Size: approx. 145mm tall

Materials: ABS, PVC, PA

Set contents:

- Main body

- Gurren Boomerang

- Drill

- Drill (long)

- Gurren Wing

- Weapon-holding hands (L/R)

- Open hands (L/R)

- Fist (L/R)

- Pointing finger parts (L/R)

- Nose parts

- Arm retention parts

- Display base

That version KA was full of FAIL. Who cares...glad I canceled my preorder.

Check out the video below...this one's got some wicked articulation AND it's packed the the gills.

Size: approx. 145mm tall

Materials: ABS, PVC, PA

Set contents:

- Main body

- Gurren Boomerang

- Drill

- Drill (long)

- Gurren Wing

- Weapon-holding hands (L/R)

- Open hands (L/R)

- Fist (L/R)

- Pointing finger parts (L/R)

- Nose parts

- Arm retention parts

- Display base

I'm not a gurren lagann fan. but this one looks very well done.

Edited by akt_m

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Here's my review of Sentinel's Riobot GL. :)

Looks like a work of art. I have it on preorder. I have their Dephine 2nd type which is amazing and the egineering is better than some takara stuff at a larger size point. I am interested to see how this will compare to my SOC GL from Konami

• 4 months later...

Gurren lagann Blu-Ray set Cost 63,000 yen (about US$721).

But it supposedly has an english dub/sub for the series. and sub only for movies. along with all the parallel works 5 cds and other stuff.

even with everything it's going to have that's WAY the hell too much for a blu-ray set.

Edited by anime52k8