The PS3 thread

Gaijin

Just received this in my email today:

Identity Theft Protection Offer for PlayStation®Network and Qriocity™ Customers

Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer AllClear ID PLUS to eligible PlayStation®Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States who are concerned about identity theft.

AllClear ID PLUS is a premium identity protection service that uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help protect you from identity theft. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and hands-on help from expert fraud investigators.

Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation®Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by Debix to those who choose to enroll. In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of the United States with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

If interested, please submit your email address by June 28, 2011, at 11:59:59 PM CST at: us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/identity-theft-protection.

Please note, you must enter the same email address used to register your PlayStation®Network or Qriocity account. Once your email address is validated, you will be sent your AllClear ID PLUS activation code.

Sincerely,

Sony Computer Entertainment & Sony Network Entertainment

I imagine that if you do not cancel by the 12 months are up, you will be rolled into a paying account. Which could translate into mega-$$ for the company since most people won't remember to opt out.

It does not roll over. It is a one year deal. It is completely separate from PSN and Debix has no payment info from you to bill if they wanted to.

Has anyone else bought one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight-Game-console/dp/B001CXYMFS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306695442&sr=8-1

It only works on PS3 games, not PS2 games on your PS3, so Ace Combat fans are SOL but the stick is on sale and it makes Hawx a bearable substitute at $15.

Sony hacked again, though a different part of the company and different website. I have a feeling stuff like the Welcome Back program might be affected.

Lulz Security claims fresh hack of 1 million Sony accounts

I feel bad for Sony, but at the same time, wish they would really get their act together....

Anwyways, I posted this in the All Things Video Game thread, but I want to open this up here as well. While I was downloading my first PS3 free game on PSN Welcome Back, I needed to exit the store to remove some stuff to open up some more space on my PS3 for the new game. When I got back to PSN store, my game 1 tab had disappeared, and I can no longer download my first Free game. I was able to get my second game successfully, but alas, the first one is gone. I wanted inFamous and Super Stardust HD, but could only get inFamous as game 2 :(

Anyone know of a fix?

If you lose your free games...

"If this happened, go to the XMB and under the PlayStation Network column, go to Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotions to download the game for that first slot."

Its not even possible to get the games right now. There are so many people downloading their free stuff that the network is a mess and the store will just give you an error message and kick you out.

I wouldn't even bother trying the first day millions of people are downloading games all at the same time. I'd wait a couple days at least.

I haven't had any trouble getting online and signing into PSN in the sense that I can sync trophies and see my friends. But I get error codes whenever I try to access my account info or log into the PlayStation Store.

Hmm, even though it confirmed my 2nd game I can't find it on the download manager and no way to reselct it on the welcome back menu. <_<

Yep, same thing happened to me, as well as many others. It looks like PSN is designed to delete the access icon after you back out after dwnloading the "welcome back game #" select, even if you haven't actually got a game yet. This stops you from actually getting the game. Beyond that, since PSN is soooo buggy right now, sometimes, error messages will kick you out as well.

Do this to get your game back:

PlayStation Network > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotions > Game 2 > Select Content

^^That should let you download your 2nd game :)

I have finished all my downloads from the welcome back program, and I even activated my 30 days of Playstation Plus, but when I read about the release of Warhammer 40000 Kill Team and Dungeons and Dragons Daggerdale, I kinda wished that I had waited...Oh well. For PS3, I downloaded Little Big Planet and Dead Nation as my free games and I let my son choose the PSP games and he picked Killzone Liberation and ModNation Racers. I know my wife would like to get into Little Big Planet, and my son is so bad with his games that I am afraid that his copy of LBP would be unplayable to her.

I can't wait to hear the particulars on the HD Remakes of Metal Gear Solid and Zone of Enders as well as the PSP Remastered series that they are planning, there are so many great PSP games that would sell like gangbusters for the PS3!@When does E3 Start? This news along with the news on the Sony NGP/PSP2/PLaystation Vita has really got me wondering what the rest of the year holds.

Twich

Little Big Planet is a wonderful game, especially if you have children you'd like to game with. One of my daughters was hooked on LBP. We had a lot of fun playing together, it's highly recommended!

My kids, 12 and 14, are constantly playing LBP - it's one of the few games that gets my 12 year old away from the Zombie shooters. Some of the levels online are very well done and imaginative.

Just a heads up for those that haven't seen it yet, but inFamous 2 comes to only $20 if you're willing to trade in 2 (select) PS3 games at Gamestop. Planning on getting rid of Killzone 3 and Crysis 2 because I beat both and don't care much for multiplayer in both (and inFamous 2 seems like a much better game to boot).

Don't forget that if you have more than one account, you can get all of them.

I don't have more than one account. And I already own Wipeout HD, which would have been the only other one of the five that interested me.

Thanks anyway, though.

PSV, Looks pretty, but there's absolutely nothing I want there. I'm definately waiting until an Artdink Macross/Gundam game, and or decent Kojima/Metal gear game pops up on it. At least they nailed the price, $249 seems almost too reasonable for the wifi model.

Edited by Keith

I'll be really bummed if Sony goes the Nintendo route and starts using region coding on their new handhelds. My current PSPs are JPN models but I play my US games on them too so I'd either have to get two models or use some sort of eventual hack and either way is an inconvenience.

At least they nailed the price, $249 seems almost too reasonable for the wifi model.

Yeah, that's less than I paid for a PSP at launch.

I read somewhere on IGN that it will be region free and backwards compatible for the downloaded psp games. Still have not been able to find info on the HD/Memory space it will have, but pre-ordered anyway. I'll finally finish old games with 2 analog sticks!!!