See, I told you it'd be best to withhold judgment until some better promotional material was out. This paints the kit in a much more impressive light, and now we have some idea of how the LED kit is going to work. The only thing I think is a bit iffy on it is that Destroy Unchained mode, which I think they could have pulled something a bit cooler off with. (Though I like the concept, and I think it's well in keeping with the design and purpose of Destroy Mode- that exposing psychoframe increases the effects of the system)

At this point, I have 2 questions: does the LED kit have to be installed during initial assembly; and do the parts on the side of the head pop out and rotate, or will the head be parts-forming like the MG?

the way I see it, the LEDs are hidden inside sandwiched pieces. So if a review shows that the LED is awesome and it should be installed upon assembly, then the plan to source the PG now and LED later should be written off. Better save money for both and build at the same time.

@hikuro

Im okay with it as long as it is NOT a very thin water slide. Late hasegawa waterslide (heck even earlier hasegawa) are easier to use even though you have to cover big parts.

stickers are ugly and dry transfer film requires too much tape and patience to apply.

Edited by chyll2

PGs tend to be stickers-only, but Ver.Ka kits used to be that way too. I, for one, would very much like to see waterslide decals. Sure they're a pain to apply, but they look so good.

On a kit like Unicorn, the color breakup of markings certainly would not go amiss. Going to decals rather than stickers would be even better.

with their print quality of water slide decals I disagree. unless you want to matte spray every white piece then go for it. their decals do not stick for long period of time. my hi nu is a great example. the moment you finish a portion even if you use microsol you gotta go spray a coat of matte or gloss to seal it. I lost maybe 12 decals cause I'd wait.

I also studied the way the led system is laid out and it kinda looks like the clear parts will be interchangeable from the stock version coming with the model to the LED having another type.

if that's te case it's not unreasonable to assume a green variant web exclusive could come to light.

Hmm if that's all there is to the LED, it sure ain't worth 10,000 yen.

Exactly. That kind of money should buy a nearly hot-spot-free lighting system. That looks little better than using Christmas lights inside...

Also, if EVER a kit could use some "RG-style subtle plastic shade variations"---it's that. Really, it's ALL PURE WHITE? Not a single sprue of slightly off-white? (or 3-4 shades, like the statue-style RX-78) Yes, having the "grey" of the RX-78 would look off/wrong, but as Bandai does have and use multiple shades of "pure white"---surely they could have used some of them here. (there's green-white, yellow-white, and purple-white that I know of) Alto's VF-25F kit is purple white, the MG 1.0 Zeta is green-white.

Also, if EVER a kit could use some "RG-style subtle plastic shade variations"---it's that. Really, it's ALL PURE WHITE? Not a single sprue of slightly off-white? (or 3-4 shades, like the statue-style RX-78) Yes, having the "grey" of the RX-78 would look off/wrong, but as Bandai does have and use multiple shades of "pure white"---surely they could have used some of them here. (there's green-white, yellow-white, and purple-white that I know of) Alto's VF-25F kit is purple white, the MG 1.0 Zeta is green-white.

different shades of white would have looked bad, like they screwed up and didn't get the color matching right between different sprews.

the dark exia looks fat, it looks like the HG got better proportion. It seems like the major announcement for tomorrow are getting leaked today.

on the good side, It seems i dont need to spend 10k yen for the led :p

it's an ugly and fat because it's based on the existing mg Exia which is an ugly, fatass interpretation of Exia

The PG unicorn looks slightly big and pudgy like the GP01. I don't like the idea of paying $200 plus astronomical shipping for a PG kit, but I like the way this one looks.

:edit:

and if you want waterslide decals, you'll have to spend $30 on multiple sets of decals just like on PG 00.

Edited by anime52k8

different shades of white would have looked bad, like they screwed up and didn't get the color matching right between different sprews.

not to mention that it looks already busy enough (in a good way)

ge57.jpg

Trek-style aztek panels with different shades of glossiness/pearls might work, though.

I'm starting to agree. The Unicorn has substantial enough panel breakup that there's not as much need to use panel color for color breakup. Also, with the use of some decals, the effect can really be drawn out. And then of course there's Destroy Mode, which throws all color breakup arguments out.

not to mention that it looks already busy enough (in a good way)

ge57.jpg

Trek-style aztek panels with different shades of glossiness/pearls might work, though.

Every new promo shot I see sells me a bit more on it. I just hope it's got better locking mechanisms. Especially for the split in the grey section on the lower torso. That's where my MG has the most trouble.

Bandai re-uploaded the Unicorn commercial in english

Hold on, did they say 32 LEDs? I thought it was supposed to be 29.

Actually, I'm starting to consider mirror gloss a potential finish for the Unicorn after seeing that PV again. That'd be fun.

So the next RG after Wing Zero will be 00 Raiser? That... kind of sucks. I mean, the reveal of Wing Zero sort of hinted that it's new inner frame would be used for five kits, which any rational human would take to mean Wing Zero and the other four hero Gundams from Wing. I was looking forward to an RG Deathscythe Hell...

Now, of course, I don't really mind if Bandai wants to deliver RGs that aren't from Wing. As I mentioned when Wing Zero was revealed, there are plenty of mobile suits that I want to see an RG treatment of more than Wing Zero. Stuff like the GP-02, Alex, Hyaku Shiki, ZZ, Gelgoog, etc, for sure. Heck, they could have made more kits from SEED MS and I'd be happier (sure, the anime was awful, but there are still some slick MS in it). 00 Raiser, though, has to be one of my least favorite Gundams in recent memory. 00 by itself isn't too bad (and if the kit allows for me to build 00 and the 0-Raiser as separate units, I'll probably leave them that way... maybe even hope that Bandai will make a Seven Sword upgrade kit). But 00 Raiser takes the slim lines from the base 00 (and Exia) and ruins it with huge shoulder weapons and gives it a big backpack (already a problem for a lot of the SEED kits) that is basically 00 with an airplane for a cape. It's a design that takes top heavy to a ridiculous extreme.

So the next RG after Wing Zero will be 00 Raiser? That... kind of sucks. I mean, the reveal of Wing Zero sort of hinted that it's new inner frame would be used for five kits, which any rational human would take to mean Wing Zero and the other four hero Gundams from Wing. I was looking forward to an RG Deathscythe Hell...

Now, of course, I don't really mind if Bandai wants to deliver RGs that aren't from Wing. As I mentioned when Wing Zero was revealed, there are plenty of mobile suits that I want to see an RG treatment of more than Wing Zero. Stuff like the GP-02, Alex, Hyaku Shiki, ZZ, Gelgoog, etc, for sure. Heck, they could have made more kits from SEED MS and I'd be happier (sure, the anime was awful, but there are still some slick MS in it). 00 Raiser, though, has to be one of my least favorite Gundams in recent memory. 00 by itself isn't too bad (and if the kit allows for me to build 00 and the 0-Raiser as separate units, I'll probably leave them that way... maybe even hope that Bandai will make a Seven Sword upgrade kit). But 00 Raiser takes the slim lines from the base 00 (and Exia) and ruins it with huge shoulder weapons and gives it a big backpack (already a problem for a lot of the SEED kits) that is basically 00 with an airplane for a cape. It's a design that takes top heavy to a ridiculous extreme.

they've shown they have plans to do an EW line up, doesn't mean they're doing one then jump to something different. takes a good while create these. give it time.

they've shown they have plans to do an EW line up, doesn't mean they're doing one then jump to something different. takes a good while create these. give it time.

I'm cool with other stuff interspersed amongst the Wing kits. I think I'm just frustrated with the inclusion of 00 Raiser... it's my absolute least favorite mobile suit in the season 2 arc. The too-thin grunt suits like the Enact and Flag are the only 00 designs I dislike more.

And where's my blue Z'Gok?

I thought that the Gundam Wing EW Real Grades were effectively confirmed. They showed us that "Project Meteor" graphic with the new frame at the center and the five clear silhouettes around it.

But, as Hikuro said, that doesn't mean they will release all those kits back to back. You're gotta figure they want to get more use from the Exia RG frame than just a few web exclusives.

I was deciding on getting this or the GFF Metal composite Unicorn awakening ver. But just ended up getting the GFF Metal composite Unicorn awakening ver since they are getting sold out pretty quick. I'll save this for next time.

The price is not bad for the PG compare to other unicorns, but the Led and Full armor parts feels a bit $$$. Since they are selling the LED kit separately, it'll most likely mean that you can install them into your PG later. instead of when you first build it. Similar to the recent MG led kits.

And knowing Bandai. they will release a PG Full Armor Awakening Ver with led kits later down the line.

That's what I've been wondering too. Guess I'll just have to break down and get the char version if I want a RG Z'Gok anytime soon.

I built the Char Z'Gok already, and I posted my thoughts (probably) a few pages back.

To summarize, if you're a fan of the RG line, go for it because the experience is much different than building the various Gundams in the line. Compared to most of the other RG's, though, I found it to be a little simple for most of the parts, and a little tedious building the upper arm and thigh segments.