What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v3.0

wolfx

Completed the Birdy the mighty OVA, better then expected. Nice animation quality and Birdy shares Misato's voice actress.

Unrelated: Bandai is releasing Patlabor OVA I and II and the Patlabor TV series on Blu-ray.

me and my sister just finished the first half of "CLANNAD"

Make sure you watch After Story. ;)

As for me i actually found the time to finish Kemono no Souja Erin. Pacing can be slow and there can be one flashback sequence too many but i felt the story-telling was done beautifully. The world and characters were well thought out and voice acting was top notch. Too bad this is the kinda show that wouldn't make big bucks nor sell figures. :(

Evangelion 2.22 and Patlabor 4 the movie. Evangelion 2.22 amazing. Patlabor 4 this movie was crawling from beging to end.

If that was WXIII, then the only good thing I got out of it when I saw it years ago, was a trailer for Mahoromatic! smile.gif

Edited by Keith

Evangelion 2.22 and Patlabor 4 the movie. Evangelion 2.22 amazing. Patlabor 4 this movie was crawling from beging to end.

There's a Patlabor 4?

As far I know the last Patlabor movie was WXIII.

Started watching Gankutsuo and I have to say that I find the animation styles and the background REALLY distracting. It's a real shame because it seems like it's going to be a killer story (how can it not be when it's based on the Count of Montecristo).

Noooo! Only 1 episode of Working! left :angry: . Why oh why? I can't sing enough praises of this series. It's managed to be such an entertaining and utterly hilarious ride without resorting to excessive fan service and the other crap that's allegedly sinking anime.

I demand Season 2 >_< ...

Edited by Ghost Train

Up to chapter 7 of Gankutsuou. Finally gotten used to the art and animation style and have to say that is an extraordinary series. Not a single "filler" moment so far.

Finished Angel Beats. As expected a very bad series with a lack luster ending with only the bare minimum explained. But because its written by Jun Maeda of Key fame, I stuck by it, along with others. Oh well.

Up to chapter 7 of Gankutsuou. Finally gotten used to the art and animation style and have to say that is an extraordinary series. Not a single "filler" moment so far.

The only thing even remotely filler-ey is teh tacked on mecha battle towards the end, but really, you won't mind that, as the series is packed with more than enough awesome to make up for it.

Well Full Metal Alchemist TV really has proven you can do a even better series after having a great OVA! Just one more episode and lots of loose ends will be resolved. For anyone who enjoys anime encourage you to watch FMA it is nothing short of amazing!

2 episodes actually.

2 episodes actually.

Even better! Saw episode 63 and it said only one more episode. According to Anime News Network there is only 64 episodes. Refer: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10216&page=25 All the same technicality aside the series is great!

Does anyone else enjoy FMA too? Chime in.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

Even better! Saw episode 63 and it said only one more episode. According to Anime News Network there is only 64 episodes. Refer: http://www.animenews...d=10216&page=25 All the same technicality aside the series is great!

Does anyone else enjoy FMA too? Chime in.

Ah, thought you were watching Funi's streaming broadcast, which until Thursday is only up to 62.

I'm so glad there will be one more "winding down" episode after that fantastic 2nd last episode. :D

Still abit confused with all this east and west alchemy thing and its still kinda mysterious what this "God" thing is. XD

Yes, shame on me, but I FINALLY watched the entire Macross Frontier (regular episodes only so far).

Anyway, exploring my BD Evangelion 1.11 (at least I think it was this disc), I caught a trailer for a series called Area88. I have now watched the first 4 episodes, and am rather enjoying it.

I just tried watching 'Elfen Lied', but after four eps, I hadda call it quits. The ironic thing is, the music for EL is rather good, so I'm somewhat torn. Anyone else seen this show?

I've seen it, nothing special as far as I can remember. Only thing I really remember was feeling kinda dirty after seeing it...

I'm so glad there will be one more "winding down" episode after that fantastic 2nd last episode. :D

Still abit confused with all this east and west alchemy thing and its still kinda mysterious what this "God" thing is. XD

I feel the same way too. I wish more anime include some sort of "epilogue" episode.

As for the difference in alchemy, I guess you can liken 'em to the mystical vs the scientific. From what I remember from the series and the wiki, Eastern alchemy harnesses "chi" energy that flows all over the Earth (they likened it to veins and blood vessels) while Western alchemy uses energy from tectonic shifts... and souls.

As for "God", didn't he/she summed it up right there in that episode? :p

More directly, both versions of alchemy are powered by tectonic shifts/earths's whatsamadoodle energy, but "Father/Dwarf in the Flask" altered the natural flow so he could control all of the Armestris alchemists. Scar's brother came up with a plan to free the flow, which was implemented an episode or two ago.

Elfenlied was pretty awesome, in a dark twisted way. Give it a chance.

It's one of my all time favorites, even if it can be considered as lacking in some ways but which shows aren't?

Edited by Gui

I just tried watching 'Elfen Lied', but after four eps, I hadda call it quits. The ironic thing is, the music for EL is rather good, so I'm somewhat torn. Anyone else seen this show?

I really like Elfen Lied. It's really a great story of unbelievably cruel humans can be to each other and particularly how twisted children can be.

I find that it's a real "love it or hate it" anime. It's also one of the few anime adaptations that I think is superior to the original manga.

Did you stop watching it because you didn't find it interesting? Or was it too graphic for your taste? Most people I know who quit it, did so after the very first episode so that's why I ask.

Did you stop watching it because you didn't find it interesting? Or was it too graphic for your taste? Most people I know who quit it, did so after the very first episode so that's why I ask.

I quit watching it because certain things bothered me. First off, the girl being 'drawn and quartered', as it were. And then, at the end of the fourth ep, 'Daddy' having to administer the fatal 'shot'... It ust didn't sit too well with me. I guess I'm a wuss, but I'll stick with 'Big Robot' stuff.

As for "God", didn't he/she summed it up right there in that episode? :p

Is God some evil smiley guy who barters stuff with humans via alchemy? :/ This whole "truth" bartered for "human transmutation" business makes my head spin.

More directly, both versions of alchemy are powered by tectonic shifts/earths's whatsamadoodle energy, but "Father/Dwarf in the Flask" altered the natural flow so he could control all of the Armestris alchemists. Scar's brother came up with a plan to free the flow, which was implemented an episode or two ago.

I think shiroikaze's explanation was more accurate.

He did that by having philosopher stones wrapped around Armestris so he could block alchemy when and so he pleases. But Eastern alchemy isn't affected even when May's in Armestris. So i guess eastern alchemy gets their juice from "dragon of the earth", "chi" or whatever it is.

I also remembered an episode where they explained that Alchemy was brought to them by a foreign man which i presumed was the globe-wandering-Hohenheim. So unless i'm wrong, Hohenheim should be a master of Eastern Alchemy too?

and oh in other news, finally finished bakemonogatari and working.

Working was very funny and entertaining. :D

Bakemonogatari was pretty enjoyable to watch as well, in a dialogue-ridden-moe-pandering kinda way....i think i'm getting used to Shinbo-anime.

Angel Beats disappoints, it looks great and has an interesting mystery, but the pacing is poor, has zero emotional impact for a KEY production and the jokes are often too lame.

I have to say that Angel Beats probably would have benefited from having more episodes. I liked it overall, best thing about it was probably Otanashi's story.

Is God some evil smiley guy who barters stuff with humans via alchemy? :/ This whole "truth" bartered for "human transmutation" business makes my head spin.

Isn't "God" pretty much the embodiment of the "All is one, one is all" idea? He/she is one entity yet is everything of the world.

I also remembered an episode where they explained that Alchemy was brought to them by a foreign man which i presumed was the globe-wandering-Hohenheim. So unless i'm wrong, Hohenheim should be a master of Eastern Alchemy too?

Didn't quite get that either, maybe he left soon after and Eastern Alchemy evolved on its own?

and oh in other news, finally finished bakemonogatari and working.

Since webisode 15 was the final episode; even with wild Shinobu appearing, I'm kinda disappointed. I really wanted to see the Spring Break arc when Arararagi turned into a vampire. :(

Working! was awesome. Delivered one of the most epic daytos in anime history for the finale. Since it's a 4Koma I hope there will be S2, OVA, or bonus episodes in the future. Perhaps more focused on Yachiyo / Jun / Kyouko triangle of hilarity.

On that note, I've noticed something interesting, but it's probably just a coincidence... lol, why is the Yuri-inclined always a blonde? There is Mugi (K-On), Felicia (Sora no woto), and Yachiyo? :p

Since webisode 15 was the final episode; even with wild Shinobu appearing, I'm kinda disappointed. I really wanted to see the Spring Break arc when Arararagi turned into a vampire. :(

You, me, and everyone else. Hopefully Koyomi Vamp arc will be a BD special or something. Those small shots of their "encounter" was full of awesome.

I was hoping for one more episode that involved all the girls he helped together though. Tsubasa's "oddity" isn't really solved per se either.

I've suffered from moe overload just lately so I just whipped out some old school mecha action with a rewatch of Gundam and Macross. Next in line is Southern Cross then Mospeada.

By the end of that lot I'll be ready for some more Moe-On :p

Alright, just finished FMA ep 62, and damn, satisfying ending, can't wait for the epilogue. This has actually been an epic anime week for me, first 2.22, then Gurren Lagann Childhood's End, and now FMA ep 62. Was thinking of throwing the Zeta Gundam movies in too, but that might be too much awesome for one week.

Alright, just finished FMA ep 62, and damn, satisfying ending, can't wait for the epilogue. This has actually been an epic anime week for me, first 2.22, then Gurren Lagann Childhood's End, and now FMA ep 62. Was thinking of throwing the Zeta Gundam movies in too, but that might be too much awesome for one week.

What is gurren lagann childhood's end? Is that what they call Gurren-hen in the states?

Continuing with Gankutsuou and it is absolutely incredible. For those of you who are suffering of "moe" overload and would like to see an anime with great visuals and kickass story. I can totally recommend it.