What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v3.0

wolfx

OMG, is this an extra from the Haruhi S2 DVD's? I know it wasn't on the Lucky Star DVD's, at least not the US ones.

Edited by Keith

OMG, is this an extra from the Haruhi S2 DVD's? I know it wasn't on the Lucky Star DVD's, at least not the US ones.

It's not on the S2 DVD's. Afaik it's a very well made fan video. Seen it float around the net before. The S2 extra's is mainly a live action documentary presented by Minoru Shiraishi (Taniguchi) where the kyoani team takes a tour around all the real live scenes used in Haruhi. Yes, all the places have a real life counterpart.

Other extras are the making of the Aya Hirano single, a sound track and a CD drama.

Edited by Bri

I've been watching Monster, as well as just finished Gankutsuo, and about to start Aquarion. I haven't heard much about Aquarion, just know that Kawamorisan did the designs for the mecha.

What did you think of Gankutsuo? I ordered from an online shop because it was selling cheap and the Count of Montecristo is one my favourite novels. Moreover I heard that the art on it is really unique and the soundtrack was done by a former member of the Stranglers so I couldn't resist.

Aquarion is a bit of a mixed bag really. I though the music and the designs of the Aquarion's were absolutely great. The story itself is interesting, but I found most of the characters to be a tad annoying. Then again my brother loved it so maybe it's just.

By the way, I think that Kawamori actually created the series, not just the mecha.

I've been watching Monster, as well as just finished Gankutsuo, and about to start Aquarion. I haven't heard much about Aquarion, just know that Kawamorisan did the designs for the mecha.

If you like orgasms, you'll love Aquarion! ^_^

What did you think of Gankutsuo? I ordered from an online shop because it was selling cheap and the Count of Montecristo is one my favourite novels. Moreover I heard that the art on it is really unique and the soundtrack was done by a former member of the Stranglers so I couldn't resist.

Aquarion is a bit of a mixed bag really. I though the music and the designs of the Aquarion's were absolutely great. The story itself is interesting, but I found most of the characters to be a tad annoying. Then again my brother loved it so maybe it's just.

By the way, I think that Kawamori actually created the series, not just the mecha.

Gankutsuo so far is the best out of Gonzo's anime transformations of classics. Samurai 7, and Romeo x Juliet are good too, but Gankutsuo definately takes the cake, even with the weak random CG mecha duel thrown in.

Finished watching Planetes and was absolutely blown away. Wonderful show. Many thanks to all that recommended it on this thread.

There are very few anime were the story was is so well written from beginning to end. No character is superfluous, and what one thinks might be a filler episode, actually becomes an important element to the overall storyline. And it's nice to see a show that strives to be scientifically accurate, yet does not burden with too many complex explanations.

Just curious, has anyone seen the new Romance of Three Kingdoms anime? Wondering if it was worth watching.

On the other hand, FMA Brotherhood is definitely worth it. My only complaint is that they weren't as faithful to the manga in the beginning thanks to the 2003 version of the anime.

Just curious, has anyone seen the new Romance of Three Kingdoms anime? Wondering if it was worth watching.

On the other hand, FMA Brotherhood is definitely worth it. My only complaint is that they weren't as faithful to the manga in the beginning thanks to the 2003 version of the anime.

I'm still waiting for the box set to start on Ikki Tousen Dragon's Destiny :)

After finishing Planetes, I'm now watching some of the side stories to Legends of Galactic Heroes, more specifically the Mutineer and the Duelist. This is like the 4th of the side stories that have been released after the series ended

I can't believe they've been able to make so many OVA's out of the LOGH franchise. The LOGH otaku in Japan must be really one really commited bunch!

Rewatched the first two MS Igloo lastly: I enjoyed the first more and the second less than at my very first viewing of the whole a few years back, but it was still a good moment...

Up to ep52 of Full Metal Alchemist. Damm, this just keeps getting better. smile.gif

And you're still a few behind, just when you think the last kitchen sink has been thrown, they bust into a whole new kitchen. I honestly don't know if I can watch the first series again after this. It'll just seem so bland and tame.

And you're still a few behind, just when you think the last kitchen sink has been thrown, they bust into a whole new kitchen. I honestly don't know if I can watch the first series again after this. It'll just seem so bland and tame.

Exactly. And as i said before, i liked the first series. Now i'll probably hate it.

just finished the third season of Ikki tousen, and now getting current with 4 season Xtreme Xecutor, I have to admit,even tho the series relies on fan-service it has some quality to it. Entertaining for sure :p

also started watching Darker then Black.

Working! has fast become my favorite show this season. As far as slice-of-life goes, this show is just right... :)I suspect this show is propaganda in disguise to combat the NEET phenomenon.

Edited by Ghost Train

Man, after watching FLCL I can't decide if it's genius or just madness. Unique madness.

Hell of a ride though...Can't say that I didn't enjoy it and I really have to see it again...

Great music and the animation is top notch. I can really see the visual influence this had on Gunbuster 2 and Gurren Lagann (probably many of the same guys).

How was Tytania? I recall hearing something about it bieng a not quite so good LotGH, but since it's just been licensed, is it still worth picking up?

Working! has fast become my favorite show this season. As far as slice-of-life goes, this show is just right... :)I suspect this show is propaganda in disguise to combat the NEET phenomenon.

Go to work. You'll never know if you might meet a legal loli, a violent tsundere dominatrix, an onee-san or some gangster tenchou?

:lol:

i'm enjoying Working!! too. :3

Go to work. You'll never know if you might meet a legal loli, a violent tsundere dominatrix, an onee-san or some gangster tenchou?

:lol:

i'm enjoying Working!! too. :3

Whoa! What's this Working!! ?

EDIT: nevermind, just wiki'd it. hm, interesting. and lelouche strikes again. :p

Edited by dreamweaver13

Working is a really fun show. The manager is awesome.

As for the rest, Kaichou wa maid-sama is much better then expected, the 2 main characters carry the rather simple theme.

Angel Beats disappoints, it looks great and has an interesting mystery, but the pacing is poor, has zero emotional impact for a KEY production and the jokes are often too lame.

For me the show of the season is Giant Killing. It is about a Japanese international who returned to Japan to coach his old team. The team has been in decline and he is aiming to turn things around. Great dialog driven show, with amazing insight in to the world of football. Off course I can't be completely neutral about this show, now my own country is spiraling into madness in anticipation of the upcoming world cup. Very nicely timed in that respect.

How was Tytania? I recall hearing something about it bieng a not quite so good LotGH, but since it's just been licensed, is it still worth picking up?

It's been licensed?? That's unusual. I didn't think it was popular enough to merit a release outside Japan.

What you heard is a pretty good definition of the series. Basically you get the feeling that the producers wanted to recreate the success of LOtGH by following the same model but with up to date animation and character art. But the characters are not quite as compelling in my view. having said that I still think that If you liked LOtGH you'll probably like Tytania.

Bleach eps 271 & 272 have been the best since back when Ichigo fought Byakuya at the end of the first Soul Society arc...

I really can't wait until this part makes it to the anime, perhaps then I'll start re-watching Bleach again:

18.png

Ninja Edit: spoilers but unspoiled now.

Edited by Ghost Train

• 2 weeks later...

Fullmetal Alchemist ep:60

Talk about epic fail for our heroes. Also some nice Eva nods. Shy of Nekki Basara popping up to regenerate everyone's spiritia, I don't see how things can be undone. Can't wait to see how this all turns out.

Edited by Keith