LOTR The Two Towers Extended Edition

Jolly Rogers

i have passed on the big boxes and have focused on the 4disc set instead. we all know a super duper box set will come out when this is all said and done so i might as well wait for that.

edit - for canadian customers i believe the best deal around is from chapters.indigo. $39.19 online, $38.18 instore. for this month you can use your irewards card and save an additional % off. for online purchasers there's a $10 coupon as well. add $7 worth of goods and you'll have enough to get free shipping.

Edited by MrDisco

I'm just going to get the Extended Cut itself at Best Buy tonight after my evening class. A gollum statue doesn't ring very high on my "gotta have that" scale.

Got the 4 disc SE version from Visions for $28.88 CDN (before tax).  :D

Tried price matching with Future Shop as well, but they wouldn't do it.    :(

UNSpacy

Canadian Division

was that from that visions place?

Visions Electronics. Purchased mine from the Broadway store in Vancouver. :D

I ordered the normal Extended Edition, without one with Gollum, for 34.99 euro (US$41.82). About the cheapest I could get here. :huh:

With 30 extra minutes of stuff that didn't happen in the book?

PJ sucks, he should have done the movies with puppets a la Meet the Feebles.

Wow, that truly would have been a terrible film.

Something like Dark Crystal could be cool...

Anyway, I thought the Gollum statue looked lame, so I'll just get the extended edition disc by itself. The bookends with the first EE disc were cool, though.

Has anyone found some Easter eggs yet? There were a few on the extended version of FOTR, but I haven't had any luck finding hidden stuff on the extended version of The Two Towers yet.

nah... I usually wait a few days and then there will be Easter Eggs listed all over the web. ;)

I did watch the Extended Cut last night, though. The movie rocks even more. Now I find myself salivating for RotK even more... but strangely I'm wanting the Extended DVD of that already.

It's great seeing movie fans spoiled this well.

PJ sucks, he should have done the movies with puppets a la Meet the Feebles.

Hmm.

Been a long time since I read the book but I believe that the trees did go kick some orc ass at Helm's Deep in the book, Merry and Pippin did find some good weed to smoke among the flotsam and jetsam in what's left of Isengard in the book, Treebeard did whine and moan about the Entwives in the book, Merry and Pippin did drink the Ent draught in the book, etc.

Where can I buy a copy of the version of the book that you read? ;)

This version made the theatrical release look like a mindless action movie. There are a lot of character moments, which made it feel more like the first film. The return of Boromir is also much welcomed, and the scenes with him and Faramir do repair the damage Faramir's character suffered in the theatrical version of The Two Towers.

I am beginning to think the trilogy is the most expensive trailers ever made... for the extended DVDs! :lol:

For the record, I hated what PJ did to Theoden. And I didn't like the fact that there were essentially no real soldiers of the Rohirrim at Helm's Deep. Nor that in the movie, it looks like Rohan is a land of about two thousand people. . . tops. :p

But, all that aside. . . I have to take issue with the quote above. Most of the stuff that they add in the Extended Edition is stuff that was in the book, but was cut.

I only watched until Gandalf showed back up. But there was tons of stuff from the book that did not make the theatrical release. . . and I was glad to see it back.

Just off the top of my head.

-- Sam's elven rope coming undone by itself

-- Extra Gollum scene where dialog is directly from the book

-- You see Theodred's body at the Fords of Isen being discovered. Yes, they still say he was "ambushed by orcs" but it no longer looks like he was just out for a stroll and got jumped. It looks like he was defeated in a large battled (as he was in the books).

-- Merry taking draught of the orc drink

-- Gandalf saying (word-for-word from the book): "Yes, I am Saruman. . . or Saruman as he was meant to be."

That's just a taste. It has been my experience that the Extended Editions are the ones that the book-lovers like the most.

Now if I could just get over the fact that Frodo looks like he's seventeen years old. . . :)

H

i really liked the EE two towers, but i also liked the original version. I agree, the new scenes do make alot of characters deeper, especially Faramir, but also Gandalf and Aragon.

I donnt think the Two Towers EE comes w/ the bookends, its like a statue of Gollum. I might be wrong thouhg/

This is the first DVD I've ever heard that comes with a BLEEPED commentary track... check out the cast commentary track. Bernard Hill (Theoden King)'s sailor mouth gets bleeped so much you can't make out what he was saying half of the time.

I wonder if there is an unrated (not PG13) version of the DVD, at least commentary track-wise.