The Heroes Season 4 Thread

Noriko Takaya

Well, here we are. Season four has started with a 2 hour premier. I lost interest about halfway through. And it looks like the bad guys this time around are evil carnies. Well, it's just the opener. I'll give it a few episodes before I decide whether or not to ditch this time around.

Comments?

Because they fired Loebs non-writing-able ass and brought back the guy who was writing Pushing Up Daisies. Brian Fuller I think his name was. Quality of the story went up incredibly and ratings were corresponding. That and they FINALLY stopped pandering to those sycophantic fans on the message boards who wanted emo Peter and wah wah Sylar to be on all the time.

Still I missed tonights episode. B-Ball was more important. :p

Bittorrent here I come!!!

I knew those carnies were up to no good.

My DVR only recorded about 45 minutes of it. had to record Top Gear and House (they're higher priority).

So bring on the Jeph Loeb story telling. :wacko:

Loeb got canned and they brought Fuller back near the later 1/2 of the Fugitive storyline. SO much better.

Havent seen this show since mid season 2 but wild guess about first episode without knowing anything about last season finale.

Claire is in a new town trying to be a normal teenager/cheerleader and she meets someone that has power. She's currently estranged from her dad because he did something horrible but really it was to save her and her family.

Peter finds a clue that might lead him to his brother who is miraculously alive despite everyone thinking he was killed in the finale.

Matt Parkman is trying to have a normal life as a cop/security guard/secret agent when a girl he runs into won't let sleeping dogs lie.

Suresh had finally given up on finding up clues to his dad's death and the mystery of mutants but stumbles on assassins that pull him back in because he must warn all the heroes.

Hiro and sidekick are desperatley trying to get back to where they should be in time but something is keeping them where they are not suppose to be.

Sylar is on the run but can't help blowing his cover because of his thirst to kill Heroes.

Out there is probably a baby/child/deranged comatose that is the key to the latest danger.

Annoying synthetic Indian music still is the one note BGM never changing pace for action or touching dialogue scene.

The more I watch the show the more I think it is just a Soap Opera.

Don't soaps have a featured "Family" which is the center of everything? Don't soaps have confusing plots about family members trying to screw each other over? Don't soaps have enemies of the family who later become allies and enemies later again? Don't soaps jump from one character to another during an episode every couple of minutes? Don't soaps never set things up for newer viewers? Isn't this what Heroes does?

But isn't Fuller gone again? i seem to remember reading something to that effect a few months ago... or is my memory getting cross-wired?

Nope you're right. Just looked it up and Fuller's gone again.

Still haven't seen this episode yet but Loeb ain't writing it so it should be good. :D

Neither did I at first.

I just thought nerdy girl with weak chin and limp hair, she'll become obsessed with the more pretty/out going Claire. What do you know? Claire's former room mate has an "accident" and Claire is now room mates with Mister Sheffield's daughter.

I totally didn't recognize Claire's newest roommate as the youngest daughter from "The Nanny".

She was also the daughter of Annabella Sciorra in the film "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle". That is the only thing I remember seeing her in other than her hooters flopping around in Californication.

Havent seen this show since mid season 2 but wild guess about first episode without knowing anything about last season finale.

Claire is in a new town trying to be a normal teenager/cheerleader and she meets someone that has power. She's currently estranged from her dad because he did something horrible but really it was to save her and her family.

Peter finds a clue that might lead him to his brother who is miraculously alive despite everyone thinking he was killed in the finale.

Matt Parkman is trying to have a normal life as a cop/security guard/secret agent when a girl he runs into won't let sleeping dogs lie.

Suresh had finally given up on finding up clues to his dad's death and the mystery of mutants but stumbles on assassins that pull him back in because he must warn all the heroes.

Hiro and sidekick are desperatley trying to get back to where they should be in time but something is keeping them where they are not suppose to be.

Sylar is on the run but can't help blowing his cover because of his thirst to kill Heroes.

Out there is probably a baby/child/deranged comatose that is the key to the latest danger.

Annoying synthetic Indian music still is the one note BGM never changing pace for action or touching dialogue scene.

that was SO funny i accidentally threw my yf-19 against the walll(im kidding)

Yup the show is so bad that it can be summarized in one paragraph i downloaded a few bits of season 3 which i deleted quickly then i downloaded the last episode. Bleh I think they need bay for this. Splosians lots of splosians

House opener was great. Intelligent witty and emotional awesome!

Fringe again same as the above

Defying Gravity started out nice now another heros oooooooohhhhhhhh another funky x-files show but in space nah Fringe does it better. Will be off my charts now

Supernatural. Nope just another Heroes nice show in the beginning and got real stupid fast The brother unite they separate they unite they separate. then father comes back from the dead

now that leaves Lost. Went loop ta doo in 4 and 5 sorta peaked my interest and i want to see them explain the dark cloud Anybody know when the season starts

Yeah, at this point I'm just trying to figure out what her(roommate's) power is. The whole "it's like I'm getting better at it every second" quote is either a red herring, or the most blatant tip ever. Of course, the whole episode was full of awkward exposition for those who hadn't watched the season 3 finale, so it may have been one of many awkward lines shoe-horned in there.

My initial guess was that it's something like Eden, in that she can be very persuasive/commanding (she told

overachiever-girl

to off herself), but that doesn't fit at all with her quote.

Yeah, at this point I'm just trying to figure out what her(roommate's) power is. The whole "it's like I'm getting better at it every second" quote is either a red herring, or the most blatant tip ever. Of course, the whole episode was full of awkward exposition for those who hadn't watched the season 3 finale, so it may have been one of many awkward lines shoe-horned in there.

My initial guess was that it's something like Eden, in that she can be very persuasive/commanding (she told

overachiever-girl

to off herself), but that doesn't fit at all with her quote.

me, i still don't get what the circus master's power really is. does it have something to do with earth? or with the tatoo ink? or both?

on another note, news says that the ratings for the premiere are terrible. things are not looking up for Heroes at this point. why they (the writers) insist on slow-playing the plot despite failing ratings eludes me.

on another note, news says that the ratings for the premiere are terrible. things are not looking up for Heroes at this point. why they (the writers) insist on slow-playing the plot despite failing ratings eludes me.

It's being reported that the season opener attracted 6.11 million viewers. Considering NCIS started this season with 20+ million.... well, you can do the math.

No Hiro in episode 3. YATA!!!!!!! Plus the first 3 episodes were good. No love story. No billion stories with stupid twists and turns for the hell of it. Carnies!!

They should put it back at the 9pm time slot. Going up against House and (shudder) Dancing with the Stars is not a good idea. What is it with America and their fascination with crappy reality shows?

Circus master controls earth. That was demonstrated when he buried the coffin. That "ink" he's using is probably his own special brand of diluted earth instead of the stuff we buy that's made of oils and pigments and such.

I just read on the Superficial that Claire will performing lesbian kisses on another show herione... maybe I've been too harsh on this show.

On other Hero related news... Henry Winkler will join the cast as a man that lives underwater and has the ability to leap over giant great white predatory fishies.

I just read on the Superficial that Claire will performing lesbian kisses on another show herione... maybe I've been too harsh on this show.

Yeah, I saw the preview where that goofy room mate of hers pulls right in and plants one on the kisser. Oh yeah, that's hot, and you can tell ol' Claire-bear is loving it. And not enough carnies this week.

800x600_c36d118849649a25b0806c62b96c3df6.jpg

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Yeah, I saw the preview where that goofy room mate of hers pulls right in and plants one on the kisser. Oh yeah, that's hot, and you can tell ol' Claire-bear is loving it. And not enough carnies this week.

I'm about ready to give up on Heroes, and then they add another cliche. sigh. c'mon writers, please give me one good reason to fall in love with this series again.

(Of course, if i found Madelina Zima anywhere near attractive, i would probably have a different opinion).

• 1 month later...

Came across this spoiler in another forum I go to, but I think the original source is "some guy at the IMDB boards"--about 3 eps from now, the following will happen:

Sylar, in getting "revenge" on people, as well as now having Matt's power, will swap HRG and Angela's minds

Actually that is one of my fave plot devices in a show for an ep--usually only occurs in Sci-Fi shows and cartoons though. Though IMHO if it's done early in a series it's to flesh out the characters, and if done late it means they're running out of plotlines.

PS--they're doing like X-Men comics etc with the Haitian's name----people always used his alias before, but now all of a sudden everybody uses his real name.

Came across this spoiler in another forum I go to, but I think the original source is "some guy at the IMDB boards"--about 3 eps from now, the following will happen:

Sylar, in getting "revenge" on people, as well as now having Matt's power, will swap HRG and Angela's minds

Actually that is one of my fave plot devices in a show for an ep--usually only occurs in Sci-Fi shows and cartoons though. Though IMHO if it's done early in a series it's to flesh out the characters, and if done late it means they're running out of plotlines.

PS--they're doing like X-Men comics etc with the Haitian's name----people always used his alias before, but now all of a sudden everybody uses his real name.

I'm so sick of Sylar. How many times do the "hearoes" have to kill him before he's permanently DEAD? This series could be so much more if only they took risks instead of playing it safe all the time and creating all these crappy plot lines.

I'm tired of Sylar, too. Maybe if his powers were toned down like Peter's it might make him interesting again. But a demi-god serial killer is a bit much to take. So is the eyeshadow-wearing carnie, for that matter.

Also, there's far too much build-up this season. If the finale is anticlimactic, I'll seriously feel cheated.

Edited by RD Blade

• 1 month later...