Yamato 1:60 Max and Miria vf 22 repaints!!!!!!

rick dieck

I finally took a dump and ordered the VF-22S max custom from AmiAmi, hopefully i can get it by next week with no missing kneecaps and such..

man... but i like the valkyrie though..

....dump!?!?!?...... :blink: bowel movement equals toy purchase :wacko: ......that's awesome! :lol: If stlightly disturbing. :ph34r:

Edited by logos

....dump!?!?!?...... :blink: bowel movement equals toy purchase :wacko: ......that's awesome! :lol: If stlightly disturbing. :ph34r:

I didn't realize until you mentioned it :lol:

The phrase would be "took the plunge", right?

At least we (the non native English speakers) bring out some laughs B))

I hope eyesonme78 meant the plunge or >EXO< is so right! :lol:

My bank account also goes from "puckered" to "scar the bowl" every time I purchase a valk as well. :lol: Ok this is starting to get disturbing...... :ph34r: ......

I hope eyesonme78 meant the plunge or >EXO< is so right! :lol:

My bank account also goes from "puckered" to "scar the bowl" every time I purchase a valk as well. :lol: Ok this is starting to get disturbing...... :ph34r: ......

Haha.... i meant the plunge.

anyways as what many people mentioned.. its a good laugh.. hahahah i did not realise till i relook at the forum topic today.. haha..

maybe i was too busy with work while i type the comment.. OMG i am starting to laugh at my own mistake again.....ROFLOL..

Anyways back to the topic.... *coughing like mad after the ROFLOL*

Edited by eyesonme78

That gave me a good chuckle at work today, thank you. ^_^

Got my Miria 22 from AmiAmi yesterday, and checked it over... nothing missing, only slight problem is a slightly weak wing hinge, but I can tighten that up easily.

What amazes me though... This one fits together MUCH better than my YF-21. I broke off one of the rear belly plate tabs trying to get mine to fit together, and they've always looked slightly curved from the stress of hooking them under the engine boxes.

This one though.. the plates are perfect. Flush, smooth, no gap, and they're actually slightly sloppy in that position, meaning there's no stress on them at all.

I did notice one difference... my YF-21 has engines that seem canted upwards, as if the tops of the nacelles are leaning toward the center of the plane. This seems like it puts stress on the belly plates, since it raises the outer edge of the nozzle blocks.

Miria's nacelles are much more level, and I think it helped the belly plates fit MUCH better.

That gave me a good chuckle at work today, thank you. ^_^

Got my Miria 22 from AmiAmi yesterday, and checked it over... nothing missing, only slight problem is a slightly weak wing hinge, but I can tighten that up easily.

What amazes me though... This one fits together MUCH better than my YF-21. I broke off one of the rear belly plate tabs trying to get mine to fit together, and they've always looked slightly curved from the stress of hooking them under the engine boxes.

This one though.. the plates are perfect. Flush, smooth, no gap, and they're actually slightly sloppy in that position, meaning there's no stress on them at all.

I did notice one difference... my YF-21 has engines that seem canted upwards, as if the tops of the nacelles are leaning toward the center of the plane. This seems like it puts stress on the belly plates, since it raises the outer edge of the nozzle blocks.

Miria's nacelles are much more level, and I think it helped the belly plates fit MUCH better.

The weak hinge problem is very easily remedied. Be sure to use the appropriate sized screwdriver. Also the screws are very small and can be easily stipped if your not careful. Follow these simple steps:

- First, remove the two screws at the root of the weak wing. Be careful as the lense cover on the aft wing lights is removable and easily lost.

- Second, pry open the lower and top half of the wing root. No tools are necessary as your fingernail will suffice, and will not scratch or damage the surface.

- Third, unscrew the only screw located inside.

- Fourth, remove the part from the wing root as this is the part that is not weak, but loose.

- Fifth, add gerth to the inner part of the small valley that connects the wing to the wing root. A small styrene strip will work perfectly. No glue is needed.

- Sixth, place and screw everything back together.

- Seventh, :) , you're done!!

Thanks, goes out to JasonC and his VF-22S Milia. He allowrd me to survey the problem and solve it with his affected model.

;)

NB4M

Edited by nightmareB4macross

• 3 weeks later...