Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

YES! Black Convoy is like Storm Shadow...well not really but similar somehow. Black Convoy is one of the ONLY black TF repaints that makes sense and looks damn cool too!

I dunno about that. The black Rodimus repaint from Shattered Glass looks pretty awesome. Heck, everything from the SG-verse is pretty awesome :D

wow so much news.

i'm glad i got henkei megatron but the transformers united versions look cool.

will definitely get generations wreck gar, tracks, jazz, and windcharger.

if i see generations perceptor or scourge on the shelves i might pick them up.

damn i would definitely pick up a g2 optimus repaint as scourge.

they should reissue classics cliffjumper. that thing is expensive online.

damn trailbreaker would have been so nice bigger than a legends class figure.

Edited by sh002

Stopped into a target randomly today and they had a single Highbrow as well as the blue Fallen and one of the new voyager Primes. Picked up Highbrow and am really impressed. The mold is fantastic, and the transformation is fun while not being too complicated. I was able to figure him out without the instructions.

picked up generations red alert at walmart for 11.99. hasbrotoyshop has some of the newer generations like blurr and dirge for 12.99 each but shipping is like 6 dollars so i passed. the best place is still target for 9.99 if you find them in stores.

Starscream's a not-F-16. Hmmn. Man, is that the first single-engined Starscream ever? Having 2 engines (and usually in his feet) has been a trademark of his, even in robot mode.

Overall, I'm pleased. Yes, Soundwave is very very different---but more Decepticon planes are never a bad thing. All the Autobots are nigh-perfect IMHO.

On the top end of the scale for me is Bulkhead. He looks just like he should in bot mode, but I really don't dig his alt mode very much. It looks like a jeep or the Warthog from Halo and while I'm sure it will appeal to the masses (since the masses seem to love Halo) I think it's actually pretty boring. I loved his alt mode in Animated because not only was it sort of different and interesting it also seemed plausable that a big hulking tubby bot could transform into something like that. This time around his bot mode looks the same but it doesn't look like something that would turn into a jeep. Bitching aside, I'm just excited to see the big guy.

On the bottom is Soundwave. I love Soundwave, he's always been my favorite Decepticon. Unfortunately it looks like they found the most unappealing look for Soundwave yet - in both modes. All thin and spindly and chicken-legged...all I could do with that picture was frown. I have nothing against drone planes, but this one is really not very visually interesting to me.

Everything else I'm fairly neutral toward, although I'd like to see more Cliffjumper - he looks rad. Hope the show is decent.

Edited by eriku

TF Prime is looking more and more like the Animated-verse had sex with the Bay-verse and Prime is the unholy offspring. If they wanted to keep the Animated look, they should have done a fourth season. And if they wanted the Bayformers look... well, it wasn't enough for him to rape my childhood, now he's got to poo all over it.

So, yeah, aside from Megatron's bot mode, I'm not really digging any of this.

If they wanted to keep the Animated look, they should have done a fourth season.

Couldn't have said it better. Animated was the best series since Beast Wars, IMO. Cutting it short was such a waste.

it wasn't enough for him to rape my childhood, now he's got to poo all over it.

Ahahahahaaaa! Classic.

Starscream's a not-F-16. Hmmn. Man, is that the first single-engined Starscream ever? Having 2 engines (and usually in his feet) has been a trademark of his, even in robot mode.Overall, I'm pleased. Yes, Soundwave is very very different---but more Decepticon planes are never a bad thing. All the Autobots are nigh-perfect IMHO.

Agreed, more Decepticon planes are not bad at all. I wonder how the toy for Starscream will turn out. I've noticed that it's yet another Lockheed-based alt mode within recent years:

• TF Prime Starscream - F-16 based
  • ROTF Breakaway/Thrust - JSF F-35B based
  • HFTD Highbrow - P-38 based
  • Movie Starscream - F-22
  • Movie Jetfire - SR-71
  • ROTF Mindwipe - F-117 based

On the top end of the scale for me is Bulkhead. He looks just like he should in bot mode, but I really don't dig his alt mode very much. It looks like a jeep or the Warthog from Halo and while I'm sure it will appeal to the masses (since the masses seem to love Halo) I think it's actually pretty boring. I loved his alt mode in Animated because not only was it sort of different and interesting it also seemed plausable that a big hulking tubby bot could transform into something like that. This time around his bot mode looks the same but it doesn't look like something that would turn into a jeep. Bitching aside, I'm just excited to see the big guy.On the bottom is Soundwave. I love Soundwave, he's always been my favorite Decepticon. Unfortunately it looks like they found the most unappealing look for Soundwave yet - in both modes. All thin and spindly and chicken-legged...all I could do with that picture was frown. I have nothing against drone planes, but this one is really not very visually interesting to me. Everything else I'm fairly neutral toward, although I'd like to see more Cliffjumper - he looks rad. Hope the show is decent.

Bulkhead looks great in robot mode, admittedly in alt mode I thought he was Hound at 1st. Interestingly enough, I think Animated Bulkhead was originally intended to be Hound. *head explodes*

Cliffjumper looks awesome. Soundwave...eh.....

has a toy line been announced for TF:Prime? I would love to have a figure of Arcee's new robot mode.

Indirectly, Siebenaler mentioned at Botcon that he was working on Optimus, and I think Bulkhead.

Who's the black car in the gallery?

Decepticon drone.

TF Prime is looking more and more like the Animated-verse had sex with the Bay-verse and Prime is the unholy offspring. If they wanted to keep the Animated look, they should have done a fourth season. And if they wanted the Bayformers look... well, it wasn't enough for him to rape my childhood, now he's got to poo all over it.So, yeah, aside from Megatron's bot mode, I'm not really digging any of this.

Optimus would look way better if they went with the Animated proportions further, going with big lower legs that get progressively bigger towards the feet. Instead, we get something akin to the Bruce Timm style/Incredibles, which makes the robot design look unbalanced.

Megatron looks like he has a fold booster in alt mode.

They made the alt mode look like movie 1 but better..which I think is cool. Don't like how the head intentionally peeks through in alt mode though.

Agreed, more Decepticon planes are not bad at all. I wonder how the toy for Starscream will turn out. I've noticed that it's yet another Lockheed-based alt mode within recent years:

• TF Prime Starscream - F-16 based
  • ROTF Breakaway/Thrust - JSF F-35B based
  • HFTD Highbrow - P-38 based
  • Movie Starscream - F-22
  • Movie Jetfire - SR-71
  • ROTF Mindwipe - F-117 based

That's because Hasbro has a licensing deal with Lockheed Martin.

New Preorders!!!!

Deluxe 2011 Series 01 - Set of 4 - Transformers 2010 Transformers Deluxe

Deluxe 2011 Series 01 - Fallback - Transformers 2010 Transformers Deluxe

Deluxe 2011 Series 01 - Mindset - Transformers 2010 Transformers Deluxe

Deluxe 2011 Series 01 - Special Ops Jazz - Transformers 2010 Transformers Deluxe

Deluxe 2011 Series 01 - Turbo Tracks - Transformers 2010 Transformers Deluxe

Generations 2011 Series 01 - Case of 8 - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Generations 2011 Series 01 - Set of 3 - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Generations 2011 Series 01 - Thunderwing - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Generations 2011 Series 01 - Skullgrin - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Generations 2011 Series 01 - Cliffjumper - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Generations 2011 Series 01 Revision 03 - Case of 8 - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Combiner 5-Packs 2011 Series 01 - Set of 2 - Dinobots & Constructicons

Combiner 5-Packs 2011 Series 01 - Dinobots

Combiner 5-Packs 2011 Series 01 - Constructicons

Commander 2-Packs 2011 Series 01 - Set of 2

Scout 2011 Series 01 - Case of 12

Scout 2011 Series 01 - Chopsaw

Scout 2011 Series 01 - Windcharger

Legends 2011 Series 01 - Set of 4

Legends 2011 Series 01 - Optimus Prime

Legends 2011 Series 01 - Megatron

Legends 2011 Series 01 - Starscream

Legends 2011 Series 01 - Gold Bumblebee

Legends 2011 Series 02 - Set of 6

Legends 2011 Series 02 - Prowl

Legends 2011 Series 02 - Trailcutter

Edited by Faceless One

So I was thinking about the Masterpiece Rodimus and how people are looking for a US release without the trailer. Now I completely understand from a price stand point but then you would only have Hot Rod (which I am completely happy with btw), but the whole growing into Rodimus becomes an unnecessary feature as you won't be able to attach his trailer. So if a US release is in order would they just do a slight retool to get rid of that if no trailer is coming with it? Granted this is all hypothetical since we don't even know for sure a US release is coming though it's kind of obvious since the only ones that haven't been released at TRU are Megatron for obvious toy law issues, and Ultra Magnus since he's just a prime repaint.

So I was thinking about the Masterpiece Rodimus and how people are looking for a US release without the trailer. Now I completely understand from a price stand point but then you would only have Hot Rod (which I am completely happy with btw), but the whole growing into Rodimus becomes an unnecessary feature as you won't be able to attach his trailer. So if a US release is in order would they just do a slight retool to get rid of that if no trailer is coming with it? Granted this is all hypothetical since we don't even know for sure a US release is coming though it's kind of obvious since the only ones that haven't been released at TRU are Megatron for obvious toy law issues, and Ultra Magnus since he's just a prime repaint.

Well, in reality, it'd be cool to still have it form a nice Rodimus figure, even if the transformation is moot. I'm personally looking forward to the US release so that I can get the JP one as Rodimus, and have the US one be a dedicated MP Hot Rod that I'll mess around with more.

New Preorders!!!!

Deluxe 2011 Series 01 - Set of 4 - Transformers 2010 Transformers Deluxe

Deluxe 2011 Series 01 - Fallback - Transformers 2010 Transformers Deluxe

Deluxe 2011 Series 01 - Mindset - Transformers 2010 Transformers Deluxe

Deluxe 2011 Series 01 - Special Ops Jazz - Transformers 2010 Transformers Deluxe

Deluxe 2011 Series 01 - Turbo Tracks - Transformers 2010 Transformers Deluxe

Generations 2011 Series 01 - Case of 8 - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Generations 2011 Series 01 - Set of 3 - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Generations 2011 Series 01 - Thunderwing - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Generations 2011 Series 01 - Skullgrin - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Generations 2011 Series 01 - Cliffjumper - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Generations 2011 Series 01 Revision 03 - Case of 8 - Transformers 2010 Transformers Generations - Deluxe

Combiner 5-Packs 2011 Series 01 - Set of 2 - Dinobots & Constructicons

Combiner 5-Packs 2011 Series 01 - Dinobots

Combiner 5-Packs 2011 Series 01 - Constructicons

Commander 2-Packs 2011 Series 01 - Set of 2

Scout 2011 Series 01 - Case of 12

Scout 2011 Series 01 - Chopsaw

Scout 2011 Series 01 - Windcharger

Legends 2011 Series 01 - Set of 4

Legends 2011 Series 01 - Optimus Prime

Legends 2011 Series 01 - Megatron

Legends 2011 Series 01 - Starscream

Legends 2011 Series 01 - Gold Bumblebee

Legends 2011 Series 02 - Set of 6

Legends 2011 Series 02 - Prowl

Legends 2011 Series 02 - Trailcutter

...wow. they have some balls asing $18.99 for one scout class figure.

Granted this is all hypothetical since we don't even know for sure a US release is coming though it's kind of obvious since the only ones that haven't been released at TRU are Megatron for obvious toy law issues, and Ultra Magnus since he's just a prime repaint.

It's coming, mentioned in the collector's club newsletter and confirmed to have no trailer, but new accessories.

Generations and MP Rodimus Update

Also revealed in this issue, and it's ironic that he's the footnote in an awesome news story given that he's pretty awesome in his own right, is that Masterpiece Rodimus Prime will be seeing a US release - without his trailer. He'll be a store exclusive and might come with some new accessories to balance out not having the trailer. Even so, US owners who cannot import the Japanese release - or who never cared for the trailer to begin with - can own this excellent update of Hot Rod and his Matrix enhanced alter-ego.

It's coming, mentioned in the collector's club newsletter and confirmed to have no trailer, but new accessories.

Generations and MP Rodimus Update

"Store exclusive"... well, so much for finding it in Canada. :rolleyes: I think I'm more interested in the laser Optimus Prime. I've got the "Black Convoy" version from Takara's Car Robots, and it would be cool to have a regular prime-coloured edition for contrast. Can't fight Fire Convoy all the time. ^_^

At this year's BotCon, Hasbro introduced the Transformers Hall of Fame. The inaugural inductees are as follows:

Robots

Optimus Prime

Megatron

Starscream

Bumblebee

Dinobot

Dinobot was inducted as a "fans' choice", beating Soundwave, Grimlock, Jazz and Shockwave.

Humans

Peter Cullen

Bob Budiansky

Hideaki Yoke - Takara Tomy toy designer; created Megatron, Soundwave and Ravage.

Kohjin Ohno - Takara Tomy toy designer; created the first transforming car toy (which eventually became Sunstreaker).

Who would you like to see inducted at next year's TF Hall of Fame?

At this year's BotCon, Hasbro introduced the Transformers Hall of Fame. The inaugural inductees are as follows:

Dinobot

Dinobot was inducted as a "fans' choice", beating Soundwave, Grimlock, Jazz and Shockwave.

WAT?!? :blink::wacko:

Edited by anime52k8

Dinobot was pretty damned awesome, now more awesome then Soundwave or some of the others that didn't make it...ehhh probably not. That being said, I still like Dinobot's story/character more than most. The whole code of honor thing combined with the lust for battle and what side he should be on was really unique in the TF verse. He was like...the Worf of Transformers.

Part of the reason Dinobot made the Hall of Fame is due to his very real, very enjoyable character arc. His story had a definite beginning, middle, and end and had all sorts of ups and downs in the process. We got to see his relationship with his fellow shipmates grow, evolve, devolve, and become downright hostile as the series progressed.

G1 Transformers like Soundwave could only wish to have such treatment. Yes, they are awesome memories of a bygone era and their comic bios suggest some really great things, but how often have we gotten to see or read of those great things to such a degree as Dinobot?

That's more like it. All the goodness of the 3-pack (Cyclonus and Hot Rod) none of the badness (Galvatron and the inflated price) and a little cherry on top (matrix). Now I'll have an extra Hot Rod to put in the Protector Armor! :)

That's more like it. All the goodness of the 3-pack (Cyclonus and Hot Rod) none of the badness (Galvatron and the inflated price) and a little cherry on top (matrix). Now I'll have an extra Hot Rod to put in the Protector Armor! :)

Damn, that's a remold of the Classics figures, not the original Hot Rod and Cyclonus. <_<