Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Judging from the pics, that's probably all the essential bots from G1 on the Decepticon side. The Autobot "staples" are a little lacking, though--Prowl, Bumblebee, Trailbreaker, Inferno, and Grappler.

that's because the Decepticon's were WAY FREAKIN COOLER! :lol: thanks for the advice...I had more at one point...some more autobots..bumblebee, cliffjumper, etc...they just broke sooner because of soooo much play back in the 80's!!!

Edited by derex3592

ok fellas---since I assume all my Macrossworld guys around here are the "smartest" when it comes to Transformers as well as Macross---I have over 50 Transformers from when I was a kid--used--(some more than others!)--I got from my parents house not long ago. They are all from Generation one I guess u call it...Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, etc...the FIRST ones....on up to some around the time of the animated movie and some after that...All 80's though...I don't have any idea how much-if anything- they are worth, and would basically just like to find someone who would give them a good home. Just can't bring myself to throw them out or give them to goodwill. Maybe somebody around here wants like the whole lot for like a bulk price? I also have all MOST--not all-- all the accessories, guns, info cards, booklets, etc,.. Can u guys help me out? Or point me in the right direction at least? :D thanks!

mods--move this if need be to "For Sale or Trade"..just wanted to start here. :)

Nice collection! From the pictures these all look like they were well taken care of and has little wear to them. I can tell you know if these were 100% complete with their weapons, file cards and instructions, the whole lot can fetch up to 800 bucks or more. If you sold them individually, you'll get a lot more. The most valuable pieces that I can see in that lot is reflector, shockwave, and jetfire. Reflector can reach up to a 100 or more, but since they made a good quality bootleg of it, the price of the original went down a little. Shockwave on the other hand is pretty sought after. He can fetch between 90 to 180 depending on the condition especially if his electrical rubber tubing is cracked or not. Even the bootleg shockwave in box is going for about a 100 bucks just because it's a pretty good bootleg. Jetfire will fetch about 80 to 120 depending on condition and what version it is, but from the pictures it looks like it's not a matsushiro version. The combiners each range from 75 to 130. Most of the other stuff has been reissued by hasbro and in japan by takara. So prices on them have gone down considerably. So if you can provide more details on the conditions and completeness of each one, then I can narrow it down even more on prices. This is all based off of years of collecting and dealing with transformers on sites and ebay. Hope this helps.

that's because the Decepticon's were WAY FREAKIN COOLER! :lol: thanks for the advice...I had more at one point...some more autobots..bumblebee, cliffjumper, etc...they just broke sooner because of soooo much play back in the 80's!!!

Heheh, you got that right! You're lookin' at a dedicated 'Con fan since the 1980's! I've always liked the designs of Soundwave, Starscream and Megs more than the more uniform vehicle modes of the Autobots.

Quasi-TF news: The X-34 may fly again: http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/11/grounded-nasa-space-plane-poised-for-comeback/

Hmmn, may lead to new paint schemes for FP...

Very cool, thanks!

I got Thunderwing from BBTS over the holiday, and it's awesome. The jet mode is a bit bland and the orange cockpit screams "toy!" But the robot mode is a thing of beauty, extremely posable and looks like it stepped out of the Marvel comics.

Best, MyClone

Don't know if it's the pics fault, but Rodimus looks a lot less awesome than I was hoping. The new MP makes it look a bit boring in comparison. The trailer is a HUGE waste of plastic (as a gun turret, the MP one looks a lot better... and that is considering I find it a waste too).

Really enjoyed Fansproject’s Bruticus and Ultra Magnus add-ons but I think I'll cancel this one in favour of the MP Rodimus.

I was feeling bored, so I decided against my better judgment to take a drive over to my local Target and Walmart. At Target, I was surprised to find Cliffjumper and Skullgrin, as well Red Alert, Megatron, and Darkmount. No sign of Blurr, Dirge, or Thunderwing though. At Walmart, it looked like it was going to be a total bust, as they didn't have beans in the toy aisle. On the way to electronics they had some holiday shippers out, and one of them had some of the new Hunt for the Decepticons figures on it. I picked up Terradive because I like jets.

For the pros, I like his jet mode a lot. Unlike a lot of other recent jetformers, there's not a huge hunk of robot underneath. Transforming him is pretty neat... it's really like unfolding a jet, then folding it back up into a robot instead. There are obvious jet parts on his body, but very little actual kibble. The result is a bot who's surprisingly slim and posable. Oh, and I was worried that he might be a melee-only character, but was pretty giddy when I realized that if you don't finish his arm transformation, his jet engine forearm is a dead ringer for a Mega Buster.

On the con side, QC doesn't seem all that hot. On mine, the balljoint on his left hip is a little loose, his right arm falls off just below his shoulder if you so much as sneeze at him, and it doesn't matter how many times or how hard you try, his left shoulder will not stay pegged into his chest.

So, here's the deal... if you like transforming jets or very poseable transformers, and don't mind the movie aesthetic, Terradive's a blast. But he really doesn't fit with the Classics/Generations/Universe/whatevers.

Edited by mikeszekely

... I picked up Terradive because I like jets.

For the pros, I like his jet mode a lot. Unlike a lot of other recent jetformers, there's not a huge hunk of robot underneath...

Really?!

I may get him on that virtue alone.

Had a whole slew of Generations stuff hit the shelf this week. Everything but Megatron and Blurr, I think.

When you DO find Thunderwing... his two missile launchers can peg together into a single larger gun. And he has JUST BARELY ENOUGH articulation to hold it with a peg in each hand, which makes for some fairly impressive firepower on a bot that size(but still less impressive than Classics Bumblebee/Cliffjumper with Powermaster Prime's guns...).

post-720-129126186384_thumb.jpg

Sadly, the guns will NOT peg into the "detachable recon drone", which is what I thought those tabs on top of the guns were for initially. Spacing's all wrong.

But to be fair, the guns are larger than the drone anyways.

The wings can be folded in on teh robot so he looks less super robot-y and more Transformer-y. I'm tempted to tie the wing sweep to the guns, so they're only folded out when he's got the big two-handed gun. Sort of a "super mode" effect.

They can also be flipped OUT in jet mode, giving him a forward-swept wing look, albeit not a very good one. But then, he's not a very good jet... though at least his face and upper legs are hidden, and his lower legs look like they belong there, which is better than SOME jets. In exchange, theres' a big hole in the chestplate where the part that hides the face folds up from.

And there's just no hiding the arms, though twisting the fists around 90 degrees helps.

post-720-129126191227_thumb.jpg

I keep passing on Terradive due to paint scheme. ANY repaint will be better. (well, except neon yellow and pink maybe, but they haven't done that since G2)

I actually kinda like it. He sorta reminds me of a tiger.

Picked up Terradive and Skullgrin yesterday, and my Skullgrin has two left finger pieces! It doesn't ruin the toy, and it's actually kind of a charming quirk. Very hard to transform and get locked into either mode, though... I feel like a failure if anything pops off during the transformation.

Terradive is very neat, I like the style of the transformation, very similar to Cybertron Sideways with a slightly quirkier cockpit.

I came close to buying Thunderwing but I can't see him as anything other than a downsized Classics Jetfire, just uglier. I suppose if I had more attachment to the character I'd snap him up in a heartbeat, but the comics focused on him didn't really resonate with me.

Still hunting for Jazz and Tracks! Oh, and I ordered an Allspark Almanac Volume 2 off Amazon today, get em while they're hot!

Edited by Dio

Finally got Leader Class Starscream today. Though I still think the Voyager 2.0 version has a better jet mode, I am still very impressed by the transformation and articulation.

BTW, on the subject of shelf-warmers, there is a new monument this holiday season here in Manila: The Great Wall of Battle Hooks Optimus Prime. He's marked down on clearance, but no one is convinced by a cheap repaint and a mere change of weapons and voice clips.

Edited by areaseven

If you have a Walgreens store around you might want to check for new stuff. I heard Tracks and Jazz were being found at several different Walgreens in my state so I went to one tonight and, lo and behold, there was Jazz.

If you have a Walgreens store around you might want to check for new stuff. I heard Tracks and Jazz were being found at several different Walgreens in my state so I went to one tonight and, lo and behold, there was Jazz.

Yeah, I went to my local Walgreens. Know what I found...

...Animated Swoop.

...yeah. <_<

I did see a new "Reveal the Shield" figure today at Walgreens, but can't remember the name. It was some blue/black missile truck thing with a pretty ugly looking bot mode. I passed.

However, the point about Walgreens having new figures is correct.

The TRU and Toy Kingdom branches here have a massive closeout sale on the ROTF and HFTD figures, with not one, but two shelf-warmer superstructures on display: The Great Wall of Battle Hooks Optimus Prime (priced at Voyager level) and the Hanging Garden of Voyager Decepticon Bludgeon (priced at Deluxe level). Scouts are also priced at Legends level, but I'm still on the fence with buying either Ransack or Divebomb.

Yeah, I went to my local Walgreens. Know what I found...

...Animated Swoop.

...yeah. <_<

I know what you mean, the Walgreens around here are typically the most abysmal places for TFs. Aside from the Jazz I bought tonight the Walgreens I went to has had exactly one TF toy this whole year: Animated Activators Bandit Lockdown. I have sort of a morbid curiosity wondering just how long that shitty, shitty toy will be there.

As for Jazz, I'm really happy with him. He lacks in the paint department, but the transformation is fun, the overall look of both modes is perfect and he's heavily articulated. Feels good to finally have a proper updated Jazz, especially since he was the first deluxe size TF I got when I was a kid. As good as he is though he's only my third favorite Jazz toy, just behind Animated Jazz and HA Movie Jazz.

We have a Rite-Aid here that still has a Classics Sunstreaker and a Galvatron on the peg. And both are still going for $13.99. As for Jazz and the missing paint apps, I'm pretty sure Reprolabels will do something about it. Heck, it didn't take 'em long to make flames for Tracks. (The yellow stickers on the feet make it look he's wearing flip flops. :lol:

Edited by Valkyrie Hunter D