HG and Robotech Debates

MAYBE HE'S BUSY DREAMING UP OTHER THE COURT DECISSIONS WE ARE PERVY TO CAN BE MADE TO SAY SOMETHING THEY DON'T OR MAYBE HE'S FINDING NEW WAYS WRITE INCOMPERHENSIBLY SO NOBODY ARGUE WITH HIM BECUAS NOBODY UNDERSTANDING HIM.

HEHEHE

lmao

(That's right, I'm of neither party. I'm with the "Macek is a hack" crowd.)

Most writers are hack ones, I know 'cause I'm a hack myself.

Reading Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Douglas Adams had some of the funniest as well as most beautiful writing EVER for a guy who did SF. Makes me want to abandon all writing projects.

Taksraven

I'm surprised captain caps lock has screamed his view point yet.

"Captain Caps-Lock" is keeping a low profile lately... maybe he's just too embarrassed to show his face after his ridiculous claims that Harmony Gold owned Macross and could use it in any way they saw fit were proven false. Or maybe Steve got on his case for excusing Pizza's trolling on the grounds that Pizza was the only one who believed the garbage he was spewing.

MAYBE HE'S BUSY DREAMING UP OTHER THE COURT DECISSIONS WE ARE PERVY TO CAN BE MADE TO SAY SOMETHING THEY DON'T OR MAYBE HE'S FINDING NEW WAYS WRITE INCOMPERHENSIBLY SO NOBODY ARGUE WITH HIM BECUAS NOBODY UNDERSTANDING HIM.

HEHEHE

ROFL!

Edited by Seto Kaiba

HEHEHE

I'm surprised that he is missing in action from that RT.com thread.... maybe he is busy discussing his next move with Kevin.

Next thing we will read from him is that we finally understood the point that he was trying to make about Tatsunoko being able to produce derivatives works from SDF Macross outside of Japan :rolleyes:

HEHEHE

I think he just undersestimated the Dai MW dan.

Next thing we will read from him is that we finally understood the point that he was trying to make about Tatsunoko being able to produce derivatives works from SDF Macross outside of Japan :rolleyes:

Doesn't look like it. He's back to taking anything and everything he can get his hands on out of context to make it look like his argument isn't completely and totally wrong.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

HEHEHE

You deserve a medal. :lol:

Oh that's easy... you abandon any pretense of a coherent plot or character development in favor of incomprehensible battle scenes, toilet humor, and throw in some T&A to get the attention of the teenagers. Then you just run commercials showing the obligatory eye candy leading lady running away from explosions in slow motion.

In short... the Bayformers formula.

That's certainly one possibility. The more I think it about it though I think the RLAM could be more like WB's Terminator Salvation meets Battlestar Galactica clone. It will be "Hasta la vista, baby!" to Minmay and all of Macross copyright problems, LAM movie will be all about the resistance fighters blasting the Haydonites that "have Come for (Rick Hunter" to scrap metal in Alpha fighters and Ride armor when they aren't sitting around with absolutely no emotion or sign of culture in the hull of the SDF-1. It will pretty much be Bayformers only without the toilet humor, in a much darker setting, and not mention have a storyline that is ripe for that "End of Circle" timeloop BS.

Doesn't look like it. He's back to taking anything and everything he can get his hands on out of context to make it look like his argument isn't completely and totally wrong.

Let him and the other detractors come back to the real discussions when the series they're obsessed about finally makes a new movie or animation, whenever that happens. Because as of 2006-07, the only thing their series has shown once again is that they can start a revival/continuation, but can't find a way to end it with some dignity.

It'll be Sealth 2, end of story!

Dam straight. It will be so horrible they won't even bother spell checking the movie title. :lol:

EDIT: This version of Stealth was awesome though:

mplusbig.th.jpg

STORY: Loosely based off the work by Keiko Nobumoto, this Macross Plus is more action based. Rand Williford really worked hard to strip down the movie to the two things that everyone loved, mecha combat, and "Juicy Lucy". While it may lack the emotional punch of the original, no one really seems to care that it's missing.

ACTING: Acting wise, all the main actors did a great job. I could not believe that Jamie Foxx could play such a serious and dangerous character like Bowman. Every word, every move he made, it looked as if he was going to kill someone. I knew he had range, but not that kind of range!

I have never seen Josh Lucas before, so I was plesently surprised at how well he played the brash and cocky Dyson. It was almost like seeing Tom Cruise in "Top Gun" again, he was so arrogant. Still he was able to pull out the emotional stops when the scene required it.

There is no one sexier than Jessica Biel. The way she purred, the teasing way she flaunted her beautiful body, her come hither eyes, made my heart melt. I totaly believed that she was a wild child, ready to do some freaky things!

Tori Amos was a pleasant surprise. As Sharon Apple, she was able to capture the ethereal beauty of this "Virtural Pop Star", while still keeping her powerful stage presence. By putting her voice with the talents of Yoko Kanno, it's the greatest thing you will ever hear.

FAN SERVICE: Well, we do have blond hottie Lucy bare ass naked, with a nice rack for the fans. We also have Sharon Apple nude, but she has no features. There are tons of references to "Macross: Do you Remember Love", Macross II, and even Macross 7.

Edited by Freiflug88

I think they got it free from a vendor.

It'll be Sealth 2, end of story!

I hope not. That movie kinda stunk if were not for the fact that Jamie fox was in it or Jessica Biel in a Bikini no one would have paid to see it

HEHEHE

So he's playing Nancy Drew Robotech style. :wacko:

I'm not saying I support it but another line of thought is that the McKinney books were more true to the story of Robotech and that the animation should not be taken as Gospel as Macek had to use other people's animation to make his story whereas the book writers did not. Had Macek not been encumbered by pictures showing other events or an inability to add scenes what he might have created could have been more of what was done in the books. Again, I'm not saying that's my take on it but it's an opinion I've read.

This has always been my take on it. It provides a story that makes more sense, separates things nicely from the source material, and fits in with what the writers and Carl Macek have said numerous times in interviews.

Many of the ideas that people complained about in the books were actually directives from or inspired by Macek himself.

Plus, this take on this allows me to still reread and enjoy the novels, in a way that I haven't been able to do with Robotech in years.

Take a look in the Forum Rules & Guidelines. You will find no such rule.

This has always been my take on it. It provides a story that makes more sense, separates things nicely from the source material, and fits in with what the writers and Carl Macek have said numerous times in interviews.

Many of the ideas that people complained about in the books were actually directives from or inspired by Macek himself.

Plus, this take on this allows me to still reread and enjoy the novels, in a way that I haven't been able to do with Robotech in years.

The McKinney Novels still relies on Macross's overall plot, mecha, and characters which are all under Big West's copyrights.

Edited by Freiflug88

I was talking to Talos just a minute ago when it struck me... that legal debate on Robotech.com is playing out like something out of Star Wars: the Empire Strikes Back...

SK: If only you knew the power of the court documents. Tommy Yune never told you why HG can't use Macross.

PTH: He told me enough! He told me Robotech owns it!

SK: No. Big West owns it.

PTH: No! That's not true! That's impossible!

SK: Search the evidence, you know it to be true.

PTH: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If only we had a bottomless pit handy...

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I was talking to Talos just a minute ago when it struck me... that legal debate on Robotech.com is playing out like something out of Star Wars: the Empire Strikes Back...

SK: If only you knew the power of the court documents. Tommy Yune never told you why HG can't use Macross.

Y'know, I don't even care about Robotech news... I just drop by this thread once in a while 'cause posts like these give me a great laugh.

(Deepest sympathies to whoever that was reviewing that Toynami Veritech... but then again, he volunteered.) :lol:

Edited by Penguin

Some rules are unwritten. Go ahead and try it out, make a new thread, see what happens :lol:

Maybe I already did make a Stealth and it just flew under your radar...

I am serious the thread exists... look for in between the "Protoculture crack recipes" and "Megaroad wreckage discovered in the Bermuda Triangle" threads. :lol:

NO! Why did you turn into Darth Vader, Seto? Now Macross fandom is the Darkside! On top of that now you have to throw Emperor Kawaramori into the core of the Super Deathstar Fortress-2 in order to fullfill your prophecy as the one who will return balance to the Force!

NO! Why did you turn into Darth Vader, Seto? Now Macross fandom is the Darkside! On top of that now you have to throw Emperor Kawaramori into the core of the Super Deathstar Fortress-2 in order to fullfill your prophecy as the one who will return balance to the Force!

Isn't that how fanatical Robotech die-hards like Pizza and MEMO see us?

Based on the accusations the fanatics have leveled at me just in this past month or two, they seem to regard me either as an agent of some sort of sinister, subversive, Illuminati-like group headed up by Big West with the sole aim of bringing Robotech down to make way for Macross, or as the sort of cardboard cutout villain you might find in a black-and-white sci-fi serial from the 50's... bent on destroying Robotech because I'm pointlessly evil.

(While I admit I do the maniacal laughter thing from time to time as a joke, I don't think the local zoning would permit me to build a doom fortress, and I certainly can't afford the upkeep on an army of witless minions.)

Still... it's a good example of how some Robotech fans are more comfortable denying the truth because it doesn't fit into their strange worldview where Robotech is wildly popular and of the highest quality.

Y'know, I don't even care about Robotech news... I just drop by this thread once in a while 'cause posts like these give me a great laugh.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I'm pretty sure the balance issues he had in Super/Strike battroid mode were because the backpack needed to be pushed up to lock it in place. If you don't lock it in place it falls backward which doesn't really affect a non super valk (it just looks like the backpack dangles loose a bit) but causes serious balance issues with the extra parts.

People must be very excited buying the Stealth one on ebay for about $40.

Based on the accusations the fanatics have leveled at me just in this past month or two, they seem to regard me either as an agent of some sort of sinister, subversive, Illuminati-like group headed up by Big West with the sole aim of bringing Robotech down to make way for Macross, or as the sort of cardboard cutout villain you might find in a black-and-white sci-fi serial from the 50's... bent on destroying Robotech because I'm pointlessly evil.

Trust me, they don't need your influence to bring Robotech down. Both the crew and the fans are doing a lot of the work online without even knowing it.

harmony gold staff at Comic Con 2009 :

Notice how hg staff are spreading lies like water in a river. :rolleyes:

OMG, I just made a disturbing discovery!

post-278-1250843659_thumb.jpg

No wonder it's taking so long to make Shadow Rising & the live action movie. Tommy Yune must be helping his grandfather Egg Shen fight Lopan!

harmony gold staff at Comic Con 2009 :

Notice how hg staff are spreading lies like water in a river. :rolleyes:

I'll hand it to Tommy, he's funny ("Robot Jox has NOTHING on us" is a pretty good line).

Too bad no one asked the follow-up question, "The courts decided that Tatsunoko didn't have the IP rights. How could they sell you something they don't own?"

I'm pretty sure the balance issues he had in Super/Strike battroid mode were because the backpack needed to be pushed up to lock it in place. If you don't lock it in place it falls backward which doesn't really affect a non super valk (it just looks like the backpack dangles loose a bit) but causes serious balance issues with the extra parts.

I'm pretty sure its just a POS toy with no redeeming qualities other than being cheap.