Adults who play with their toys.

Deadzone

What do people mean when they say they play with their toys?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. What do people mean when they say they play with their toys?

• I transform my valkyrie.
    • I pose my valkyrie in different positions.
    • I fly my valkyrie around (with or without) whooshing noises.
    • I hold mock battles with Zentradi battle pods.
    • All of the above.
    • All of the above except for holding mock battles.
    • I only display my valks.

I saw a thread where this became a heated issue. However, playing with a toy can mean so many different things. I thought we should clarify what people actually meant. Personally, I am the one who does the second to last choice (maybe because I don't have any battle pods to have them fight against). Hey, Hikaru was playing with a toy in the final episode of Macross. Of course, I thought he should have been playing with Minmei.

In my opinion, if you want to display your piece or play with it, doesn't really matter to me. It is just preference. However, certain toys do lend itself better for handling than others, but we've covered that to death. :lol:

Nothing wrong with a mockbattle, although mine don't fight battle pods, they fight 1/72 Tomcats, 1/72 soldiers and armor, transformers (especially the fighters :D ) even a 1/72 X-wing (I don't have the actiion series but, I've got some micromachine figures that work nicley) whatever I have that looks right with them.

I think some of y'all are lying. I'm sure all of you have flown your valkyries around the house at least once (I'm guilty).

But....most of the time I'm just transforming em and putting em back on the display stands. :ph34r:

I just transform them a couple of times, and then back in the box they go! Well at least until I get a place of my own and have all of these display cases! :p:D:lol:

MY sister says we are not normal for collecting Macross toys and talking about our collections on MacrossWorld. In my opinion I do not care what she says about us fanguys. I really think she was being arrogant in her beliefs and should know that no one cares to hear any comment from a person who into his or her own thing that is not related to anime. a person who should keep her opinons to her self. :angry: But as for my collection I transfrom them and pose, and sometime make mock battles Heh heh. :lol:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I voted for the second to last. Although I only really fly them around (with sound effects) to make my wife laugh; I don't think I'd do it without an audience.

BTW, how do we define "staging mock battles"? Is it just posing several toys to create an impromptu diorama? If so, I plead guilty. I got a Matchbox Glaug shortly after watching "Longest Birthday", where there's a standoff between Kamujin and Hikaru, and I immediately wanted to see how it would look facing off against a Yammie 1J. (It looks nice.)

OTOH, if "staging mock battles" means actually acting out battles, nope, I haven't done that.

MY sister says we are not normal for collecting Macross toys and talking about our collections on MacrossWorld.

I've seen normal. . . I'll pass.

Not that I want to be a complete geek. But too much normal is pretty damn annoying.

My "normal" friends don't give much thought to anything beyond beer and sex. . .

At least I have the occasional thought about how best to panel-line my 1/48 in there somewhere. :)

H

Second from last choice.

Although if I had some Battlepod toys, I'd probably write some Macross wargaming rules, paint my house in giant hexes and have a giant Macross wargame :p

And who wants to be normal!? Pah......sheep following the herd, baa, baa! My whole life I have never subscribed to the theory that just because something is cool, popular or fashionable with the graet unwashed masses (peasants) that it automatically has to be good.

Graham

And who wants to be normal!? Pah......sheep following the herd, baa, baa! My whole life I have never subscribed to the theory that just because something is cool, popular or fashionable with the graet unwashed masses (peasants) that it automatically has to be good.

Graham

Hey waitaminute!!! Us great unwashed peasants like Macross too!!!

consumer_whore.jpg

hehe... got to use it again!!!

post-26-1068491052.jpg

Hey, I just got my first Yammie. A YF-21, and I only fly it around when I'm at my computer bored out of my mind. Beats using my 1/144 scale Bandai Thunderbolt model for some cheap fun. And great pic EXO. I hate transforming, I'm gettng a hang of it, but it hurts my fingers sometimes. <_

Okay, so here's a question. Once Yamato releases the 1/72 Q-Rau, then we will have an enemy mecha toy. So how many of you will then start holding mock battles?

Graham

IS that a trick question? Because I thought it was suppose to be a 1/60? :angry:

Okay, so here's a question. Once Yamato releases the 1/72 Q-Rau, then we will have an enemy mecha toy. So how many of you will then start holding mock battles?

Graham

IS that a trick question? Because I thought it was suppose to be a 1/60? :angry:

Whoops, no just a typo. It is 1/60.

Graham

Still a child and now am more then ever have to stay that way for my sons sake......*55 years from now* " Dad?....."

"Yes son"

"Don't you think that you should change your daiper before you go outside to have mock battles with your toys?"

How ironic. <_< :(

I once had a tight-assed Project Manager walk around the design studio ridiculing designers who had toys displayed around their desks. He actually came over to me and pointed out my Swordfish II (from Cowboy Bebop) and said "You know, that thing DOESN'T really fly." I simply took it off the stand, made a couple of loop-de-loops complete with swooshes and told him, "Dude you just don't have any IMAGINATION. I feel sorry for you." :-)

mock battles all the way baby!!!!! although,i don't have any battle pods,my girlfriend loves being attacked by my low-viz strike.she's the biggest meltran he's ever seen. all i can say is: "ahhhh,the spoils of war" B))

I play with my valks. My girlfriend gets so pissed of at me. I remember as a kid setting up battles with my GIjoe figures. I haven't changed a bit and I'm trying to make up for lost time. The ones that get the most play is the 1/48 and the 1/60 J's.

I transform my Valks. I am also guilty of flying then around the house. (Chase the dog.) The only time I play mock battles is when my 5 year old nephew visits and we dog fight. Him with his Power Ranger Megazord and me with my Chunky Monkey Super Valk.

Oh...I am also guilty of taking my Valks and tranforming them while I am in the sh*thouse. :blink:

Oh...I am also guilty of taking my Valks and tranforming them while I am in the sh*thouse.  :blink:

you know it!

I transform and pose.....

so I chose pose, transforming is kinda' like making another pose.

Edited by DrClay