Yamato 1/60 v.2 M&M 1Js

the_foul_fowl

no doubt that original vf-1j looks much better with red/white combo and I can care less about the M7.

Ever seen a red and black R32, 240SX etc? Same deal still looks really good either way. The question is with so little difference why buy both? If Yamato had a whole M7 line up I definitely wouldn't put it past them. Considering much like McFarlane's Halo line the majority of their products are just repaints and their target consumers thank them for it :lol:

NO! I just bought 1/48 M&M. They arrived this week. I also applied the stickers, likely ruining their value...

I would have waited, but I already had a Hikaru VF-1S in 1/48. I figured it'd be silly to have 2/3 of my collection in a different scale (I see no need to get any other VF-1s, maybe a VF-25 though).

Sigh. Enjoy your better-looking fighter mode and better arm articulation, 1/60 v2 fans.

well, you should have stick with one scale, I don't know about you but apparently 1/60 V2 won my heart all time in term of accuracy, price and size. Unlike some that were never get released in 1/48 or limited magazine or online ordering, now that Yamato is bringing out all schedme periodically so I think you can't get wrong with it. :lol:

Sigh. Enjoy your better-looking fighter mode and better arm articulation, 1/60 v2 fans.
I'm disappointed in you! How can you not see this coming??! The molds on the V2 1/60 has a two-seater, the VT-1, VE-1 and everything else in between.

It is safe to foresee many possibilities....

Ok I'll take it to the gutter on that one........

If you put your nice bright white Hiki in between these two valks, you could have yourself a nice little patriotic 4th of July parade!

.........or a Devil's Threesome! :lol:

wow, M&Ms... damn, late again to the party... i'll get these maybe next year or follow jenius' advise and get these for my x-mas and bday presents, lol.

any indication if this will have the 1/48 style crotch attachment? (i sound like a broken record... ^_^ )

I'm disappointed in you! How can you not see this coming??! The molds on the V2 1/60 has a two-seater, the VT-1, VE-1 and everything else in between.

It is safe to foresee many possibilities....

I figured they were on the way, I just didn't think they'd be announced three days after my 1/48s arrived.

The only thing that really bugs me that much about the 1/48s is that the shoulders stick out so much in fighter mode. The canopy shape is a minor annoyance as well. Other than that I love the size and detail of the 1/48s.

wow, M&Ms... damn, late again to the party... i'll get these maybe next year or follow jenius' advise and get these for my x-mas and bday presents, lol.

any indication if this will have the 1/48 style crotch attachment? (i sound like a broken record... ^_^ )

I believe it's a safe assumption at this point that all future V2s will have 1/48 style crotches. Now if only they'd confirm they reworked the shoulders some how...

I believe it's a safe assumption at this point that all future V2s will have 1/48 style crotches. Now if only they'd confirm they reworked the shoulders some how...

yeah, after checking the release dates for the M&Ms vs. the gray Focker, i think it's safe to assume that every 1/60 VF-1 after the latter will have the 1/48 style crotch attachment.

well, we won't know what exactly they changed until they release one and we get our hands on it... all i'm assuming at this point is that it will be easier to attach/detach the swingbar to the revised crotch attachment/hatch thingy.

well, we won't know what exactly they changed until they release one and we get our hands on it... all i'm assuming at this point is that it will be easier to attach/detach the swingbar to the revised crotch attachment/hatch thingy.

From the picture of VE-1, I notice that you open the door hinge at landing gear, insert the crotch in only then you can close the hinge again, pretty much like 1/48. It's pretty obvious as you can see from the picture:

photo_03.jpg

So you don't have to point the crotch at certain angle to slide in between the door hinge and force the door hinge to close up when you insert the clotch in.

What's wrong with the V2 crotch? Is it bad because I have not transfrmed it to battroid yet?

What is the point of buying all these case and case of toys to keep in box or take out for display? Transform it and enjoy the toy.

From the picture of VE-1, I notice that you open the door hinge at landing gear, insert the crotch in only then you can close the hinge again, pretty much like 1/48. It's pretty obvious as you can see from the picture:

photo_03.jpg

So you don't have to point the crotch at certain angle to slide in between the door hinge and force the door hinge to close up when you insert the clotch in.

well, i saw that pic already and the "pretty obvious" thing that bugs me about it is that it still looks a lot like the current v.2 1/60 crotch hatch and doesn't look like the one used for the 1/48s. on the 1/48s the hatch is not "U" shaped... the whole thing opens.... that block of plastic w/ the sticker isn't there and that's what makes it difficult to put in the swingbar on the current v.2 1/60s... (hard to explain/describe so i just attached a pic.)

post-8437-1246851351_thumb.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

Not to nitpick here, but does anybody know why Yamato is coloring some of the fastpack parts blue and red??? I just re-watched the first episode where Max and Milia have these Valks and they take the baby aboard Breetai's ship, and the fastpacks were all a dark grey color from what I could tell......thoughts????

Man I want it badly, But which others should I get from the new line second, because I already have the TV ver VF-1A max.

You're 16! How the heck are you paying for these hundred dollar toys?

lets just say I have sources*cough* president*cough* tax payers money*cough*

*cough*

I am not sure what the difference is in the new crotch design, but if it improves poseability fine, that's great, but i have absolutely no troubles getting from fighter to battroid in

seconds. Of course i'm lucky i did not buy any previous to the Hikaru 1S, even though that still has some doubts on shoulder joint, but i cycle through the

modes and use same amount of force needed like on my 1/48's. No need to baby the VF-1S Hikaru or TV-1A Max.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

well, i saw that pic already and the "pretty obvious" thing that bugs me about it is that it still looks a lot like the current v.2 1/60 crotch hatch and doesn't look like the one used for the 1/48s. on the 1/48s the hatch is not "U" shaped... the whole thing opens.... that block of plastic w/ the sticker isn't there and that's what makes it difficult to put in the swingbar on the current v.2 1/60s... (hard to explain/describe so i just attached a pic.)

photo_03.jpg

Take your V2 out and compare it with the ve-1, it's a huge different.

As you can see, now that the crotch hatch on the ve-1 has same width as the landing gear, so it means that you can open the crotch hatch hinge as picture shown here, put the crotch in and close the crotch hatch. It's pretty much the same mechanism like the 1/48.

The point of this new crotch hatch is you don't have to force the crotch at one angle to slide it in with the crotch hatch anymore. All you need to do is put the crotch in and close the hatch.

The didn't change the crotch, they just change the hatch U shape, which makes it larger so that the hatch can be closed whent the crotch is set in place. In other words, now the U shape has bigger room so that the hatch can bypass the crotch swing bar when it's in place.

Do you understand?

Edited by Vi-RS

lets just say I have sources*cough* president*cough* tax payers money*cough*

The correct answer was getting a job and earning the toys in a respectable manner that would lead you to respect and cherish your toys even until old age.

Take your V2 out and compare it with the ve-1, it's a huge different.

As you can see, now that the crotch hatch on the ve-1 has same width as the landing gear, so it means that you can open the crotch hatch hinge as picture shown here, put the crotch in and close the crotch hatch. It's pretty much the same mechanism like the 1/48.

The point of this new crotch hatch is you don't have to force the crotch at one angle to slide it in with the crotch hatch anymore. All you need to do is put the crotch in and close the hatch.

The didn't change the crotch, they just change the hatch U shape, which makes it larger so that the hatch can be closed whent the crotch is set in place. In other words, now the U shape has bigger room so that the hatch can bypass the crotch swing bar when it's in place.

Do you understand?

LOL, all this talk of twisting, forcing, latching, etc. of the crotch is making me squirm in my chair... :lol:

I've been debating whether to pick up a 1/48 1J Max from hobbylink Japan [still on sale!], and now they throw out more temptation to bite the bullet and spring for a 1/60 v2.0 with M&M 1Js? AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

P.S. Does anyone know if retailers sell replacement/repair shoulder hinges for earlier-release 1/60 v2.0 VFs? I want to eventually collect my "Skull Sqn" of VFs, but I've seen posted elsewhere that only Yamatos released AFTER the VF-1D have the fixed shoulder pins?

Edited by reddsun1

so nobody care about it huh. Usually Yamato will only post pictures of painted prototype which makes sense that the actual toy has not been into production.

These M&M valkyries are pictures of actual production toy, you can see the sprue marks on them especially Max arms.

I wonder ever since when they started the production? perhaps test run model?

Anyway, it's good to see the actual production toy instead of painted prototype.

I would like to see the inner shoulder mount piece the dark red or blue color. The white draws too much attention to the portion I like least about the v2s . . .

I would like to see the inner shoulder mount piece the dark red or blue color. The white draws too much attention to the portion I like least about the v2s . . .

it's the same deal they have done on 1/48, I'd rather have it color matched as well though.

LOL, all this talk of twisting, forcing, latching, etc. of the crotch is making me squirm in my chair... :lol:

I've been debating whether to pick up a 1/48 1J Max from hobbylink Japan [still on sale!], and now they throw out more temptation to bite the bullet and spring for a 1/60 v2.0 with M&M 1Js? AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

P.S. Does anyone know if retailers sell replacement/repair shoulder hinges for earlier-release 1/60 v2.0 VFs? I want to eventually collect my "Skull Sqn" of VFs, but I've seen posted elsewhere that only Yamatos released AFTER the VF-1D have the fixed shoulder pins?

Overdrive offers free replacements. They do charge a small handling fee and shipping though. Still it's the best service we are going to see outside of Japan. As to the crotch hinge I have no problems with it anymore. After that animatic/pic that some posted here a while ago and seeing that you have to swing the legs to get it in and out I have no problems.

If someone remembers where the link is to Yamato for this please repost it. I think it will help some people to see it again.

To get back on topic I can't wait for these to come out. It's currently a toss up on whether I should cancel my VF-25 Armored Ozama to get this......... so many toys this year so many tough decisions!

Overdrive offers free replacements. They do charge a small handling fee and shipping though. Still it's the best service we are going to see outside of Japan. As to the crotch hinge I have no problems with it anymore. After that animatic/pic that some posted here a while ago and seeing that you have to swing the legs to get it in and out I have no problems.

If someone remembers where the link is to Yamato for this please repost it. I think it will help some people to see it again.

To get back on topic I can't wait for these to come out. It's currently a toss up on whether I should cancel my VF-25 Armored Ozama to get this......... so many toys this year so many tough decisions!

Indeed I actually think the current V2 transformation is kinda cool because the swing bar works together with the hatch, the catch is you have snag the swing bar in with an angle so that the swing bar force the hatch to close at the mean time.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_057/index.html

The new crotch design is very straight forward, place the swing bar in, then close the hatch. I am concern that the hatch might not fully secured with small tabs benealth it, and you are getting chance of snapping off the small tab.

The correct answer was getting a job and earning the toys in a respectable manner that would lead you to respect and cherish your toys even until old age.

I was just kidding :D everyone in this forum is awesome, if I knew people *cough* ceo of yamato*cough* I could probably give people free valks. But making friends with that person will take time, and don't worry if I get a chance to call the person I'll be able to make friends with that person in snap then get free valks for you people.

The new crotch design is very straight forward, place the swing bar in, then close the hatch. I am concern that the hatch might not fully secured with small tabs benealth it, and you are getting chance of snapping off the small tab.

gotcha... i'll quit asking about it now. but yeah, you've got a good point there... as it is right now the hatch sometimes opens while posing the legs.

now back to the M&Ms... :)