The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

Leonard Nimoy for Unicron

The designs are fine.

Bay need to learn that hand to hand combat doesn't always need a close up.

Cut the parents out of the movie or give them (mainly the mom) less screen time.

Better script.

Don't add too many more TF's or it will become confusing.

The twins were fine. someone explain how they figure they were racist.

Devastator's appendages looked added and the scene look like it was added at the last second.

If the dino bots were added then more stupid frat boy jokes will occur.

Leonard Nimoy for Unicron

The designs are fine.

Bay need to learn that hand to hand combat doesn't always need a close up.

Cut the parents out of the movie or give them (mainly the mom) less screen time.

Better script.

Don't add too many more TF's or it will become confusing.

The twins were fine. someone explain how they figure they were racist.

Devastator's appendages looked added and the scene look like it was added at the last second.

If the dino bots were added then more stupid frat boy jokes will occur.

They weren't racist. They were ethinc stereotypes (one of them deinately sounded like he was from a black housing project).

Okay how about for some unkonwn reason Bay couldn't direct the third Transformers film, how about we get the guy who did the Hellboy movies. Hell, even get Ron Perlman to join the cast ("Going from old Jew to young hero" - something Perlman said walking out of the makeup trailer after after his session).

That's your own stereotype. White people can and do talk that way too.

Indeed.

Not trying to get into some sociopolitical debate over a live-action movie based off of an '80's cartoon, but those two characters had some very specific mannerisms and characteristics that lend themselves to be identified as racial, or at the very least cultural (specifically a urban or Rap music culture) stereotypes. And in all fairness Jazz falls into this category from the first film, but his mannerisms weren't, IMHO offensive.

Re: what would be good in a 3rd TF film, it's a given there will be even more loud noises, explosions, and hard to see transformations I just hope they reign Bay and his over zealousness in and allow whoever writes the script/screenplay to have a coherent story from beginning to end.

-b.

Not trying to get into some sociopolitical debate over a live-action movie based off of an '80's cartoon, but those two characters had some very specific mannerisms and characteristics that lend themselves to be identified as racial, or at the very least cultural (specifically a urban or Rap music culture) stereotypes. And in all fairness Jazz falls into this category from the first film, but his mannerisms weren't, IMHO offensive.

Right, but nobody complains about that. Even if they did come out and say "these robots would be considered 'black' on cybertron," I wouldn't care because I know black people that share many of the same mannerisms. If anything, the people who were offended need to talk to the people in their ethnic group that put that behavior out there to be mimicked. Nobody complains when an ACTUAL actor does the same exact thing. As a Mexican-American, I could easily get offended watching The George Lopez show, even though he was in charge of what went on it. I totally understand your pov, but people already have let it slide by more than once & it won't stop this horrible movie from making a bajillion dollars.

Actually, for Part III I would like to see a Mexican-American stereotyped robot voiced by Cheech Marin(of course). I'm beginning to feel discriminated against by not being stereotyped. :p

Right, but nobody complains about that. Even if they did come out and say "these robots would be considered 'black' on cybertron," I wouldn't care because I know black people that share many of the same mannerisms. If anything, the people who were offended need to talk to the people in their ethnic group that put that behavior out there to be mimicked. Nobody complains when an ACTUAL actor does the same exact thing. As a Mexican-American, I could easily get offended watching The George Lopez show, even though he was in charge of what went on it. I totally understand your pov, but people already have let it slide by more than once & it won't stop this horrible movie from making a bajillion dollars.

Actually, for Part III I would like to see a Mexican-American stereotyped robot voiced by Cheech Marin(of course). I'm beginning to feel discriminated against by not being stereotyped. :p

Well...I haven't seen Transformers 2, but Part 1 had that soldier who would start lapsing into Spanish and continue talking while all the white soldiers were sayig, "Nobody understands you, man!"

Wasn't that stereotypical enough for you? ^_^

No worries. Actually, people do ask (no matter what their racial or cultural background) that folks in the spotlight, characters in pop culture or in any position to be role models act in such a manner to not cast a negative light or stereotype...you just don't see or read about it on a board about Macross. B))

Going back to what should be in TF3, Hot Rod - just so he can f'up and get Prime killed again.

-b.

Well...I haven't seen Transformers 2, but Part 1 had that soldier who would start lapsing into Spanish and continue talking while all the white soldiers were sayig, "Nobody understands you, man!"

Wasn't that stereotypical enough for you? ^_^

You know, I assumed he was creole/cajun because of the alligator references. Though, I do get myself some fried alligator whenever the rodeo is in town.

Rodimus Prime? Sure why not. I think they left some of the Matrix dust in Sam's tube socks. :ph34r:

In all honesty I really wanted to like the live action franchise but try as I might I can't seem to care about most of the characters, and despite all the kick-ass Decepticon murderin' he did in the ROTF Prime is included in my list of "meh".

I think Bumblebee is the only character, human and TF alike I actually care to see.

So we can get Rodiums Prime again?

Rodimus Prime? Sure why not. I think they left some of the Matrix dust in Sam's tube socks. :ph34r:

In all honesty I really wanted to like the live action franchise but try as I might I can't seem to care about most of the characters, and despite all the kick-ass Decepticon murderin' he did in the ROTF Prime is included in my list of "meh".

I think Bumblebee is the only character, human and TF alike I actually care to see.

If we get Rodimus prime then that means we get Shia LaBuff in a tf suit with horrible cg. Along with Linkin Park singing their rendition of "the touch". :ph34r:

I wished they killed off MF

She cant act she looks like poo pouting like a 2 year old.

Well T3 went from a 1.5 out of 5 back to a 1 out of 5

That how much a morron Bay is. Most fans cant stand her. Then start his bullshit of spreading rumors

and people would actually like this rumor then deny something that fans would be happy about

post-4512-1255442900_thumb.jpg

fans need to realize michael bay and the studios don't give a sh!t about the fans. The "fans" let the franchise die and go into hibernation in Japan for 20 years. It's the mainstream audience they cater to and that TF2 made gobs of stupid money this summer means they are going to continue to ignore fans whenever they see fit in order to keep roping in the average movie goer who doesn't know and will never give a care towards transformers continuity, mythology or what "they're supposed to look like".

I have my gripes about the second film, tons of them, but with the third film i would say yes GET BETTER WRITERS!! Bay is a decent director at best, but really if he had better writers more people i know would have liked the film. Unfortunately because of it now being the 8th highest grossing film of all time he probably doesn't care about crafting a better story and will continue to be loud, out of focus, and annoying because the average movie goer loved it and ate it up.

I have my gripes about the second film, tons of them, but with the third film i would say yes GET BETTER WRITERS!! Bay is a decent director at best, but really if he had better writers more people i know would have liked the film. Unfortunately because of it now being the 8th highest grossing film of all time he probably doesn't care about crafting a better story and will continue to be loud, out of focus, and annoying because the average movie goer loved it and ate it up.

The same guys wrote Star Trek. I think the problem is Michael Bay ignores any script he gets and does whatever the fart he wants. "Needs more racism!" "Needs more slow mo!"

fans need to realize michael bay and the studios don't give a sh!t about the fans. The "fans" let the franchise die and go into hibernation in Japan for 20 years. It's the mainstream audience they cater to and that TF2 made gobs of stupid money this summer means they are going to continue to ignore fans whenever they see fit in order to keep roping in the average movie goer who doesn't know and will never give a care towards transformers continuity, mythology or what "they're supposed to look like".

The fans brought back to life the franchise with the Beast Wars legacy

Its what brought me back to collecting and buying all the jap G1 reissues

The lastest movie the toys are real suckage but there were some winners

All those crowds paying to see the movie were more out of curiosity of what bigger explosions were instore from bay not because they liked it

I have heard so many negative reviews about the movie from fans and non-fans i dont think it will draw out the same crowds.

All I have to say is bring me the head of Michael Bay. I can think of at least 10 directors who could do a lot better. Where is Ridley Scott when you need him? Or Peter Jackson, Sam Raimi, Guillermo Del Toro, James Cameron, Tim Burton, even the goddamn brothers who did the Matrix...anyone else save for Uwe...

It's the in thing to hate on pretty girls. <shrug> just go with it, I hate her, she's pretty and doing well for herself, she's a b!tch! grrr!

Lots of girls are pretty and not doing so well as her. which makes me wonder what did she do to get there cause as sure as hell she does not come across as an intellectual. And impersonating a slu t is not something i would say is an achievement. Posing for a camera in hot poses is cool but that's not an achievement if it was I would call national geographic and tell them they have some tigers elephants and bears that need to be recognized for their achievement.

Do I hate her no not really I dont know her dont care to either. Just dont want her in movies im going to watch. I dont need an human fly catcher on screen while im watching a movie

More robots

less cheesy humans

You can put humans in the movie except i want to see them squashed by a 30' robot

Edited by nugundamII

If the movies taught me anything, it's that the ratio between humans and robots in a show about transforming robots should always be really wide, with as much emphasis as possible on the robots. There's been too many meat bags sucking up the attention in these films to really make it a Transformers movie. It's more like "Sam Witwicky and the Transformers."

As hot as Megan is she is just plain annoying. She hates being compared to Angelina Jolie but if you look at her and all the plastic surgery she has gotten she is transforming herself into a mini me of Angelina, without the talent. And yes for the record there Megan is all fake, if you look at photos from when she was in some Lindsay Lohan movie to how she looks now she has basically had everything done to her so she can be the sexpot she is now.

As hot as Megan is she is just plain annoying. She hates being compared to Angelina Jolie but if you look at her and all the plastic surgery she has gotten she is transforming herself into a mini me of Angelina, without the talent. And yes for the record there Megan is all fake, if you look at photos from when she was in some Lindsay Lohan movie to how she looks now she has basically had everything done to her so she can be the sexpot she is now.

yeah, that's fine. Don't like her, like her, whatever. I don't care. I just think this rather misogynistic hate being spewed at someone who most of us have never even met is pretty pathetic.

I wouldn't say I hate Megan Fox, but I also wouldn't call her a good actor, nor does she fit anywhere in the definition of what I consider to be 'hot'. Not that there is anything wrong with transgendered Thai boys, they're just not my thing. :)

::EDIT::

Also, the big tattoo of Marilyn Monroe speaks volumes about her personality.

Edited by eriku