AWESOME!!! 1/500 SDF-1 fortress

gwfalcon

PLEASE SEE OTHER THREADs ABOUT THIS, no need to post

It's been well-known for some time. And I'd new-guy-welcome you, but you're older than I am! So, I'm at a loss here. If you're going to lurk, do it right and know what's happened, alright? ^_^

It's been well-known for some time. And I'd new-guy-welcome you, but you're older than I am! So, I'm at a loss here. If you're going to lurk, do it right and know what's happened, alright?

You know, sometimes when you're excited about posting something, you just do it. Not everybody has all the time in the world to do a forum search (to make sure something hasn't been posted yet).

Anyways, it's new to me. I frequent this forum a lot, but not enough to know about every single little thread. Give the guy a break.

Anyways, it's pretty cool. Fine wood work, but a little too stiff-looking for my taste.

Edited by fifbeat

You know, sometimes when you're excited about posting something, you just do it. Not everybody has all the time in the world to do a forum search (to make sure something hasn't been posted yet).

Anyways, it's new to me. I frequent this forum a lot, but not enough to know about every single little thread. Give the guy a break.

Anyways, it's pretty cool. Fine wood work, but a little too stiff-looking for my taste.

But he's a lurker! That means they keep up but don't post! :lol:

I agree, it's awesome, but having seen it so many times, the novelty has worn off.

I don't see how the novelty for something like this wears off. I think he saw the post on the 1/2000 thread that said they don't know where it was posted and he decided to repost it. I don't see what the big deal is. If you don't like it, click on the back button and move on.

Need I add it to my sig?

Actually, scratch that. The insipid filter won't let me use certain words I need. <_<

I'll just say it here, filter and all: I'm prone to rubbing off as an apeface. I'm not good at sugarcoating, all right?

@Exo, I'm only speaking for myself, I guess. I've just run into that stupid wooden Macross SO many times, it bores me. I see all the errors over the awesome, at this point, I guess.

I'll just say it here, filter and all: I'm prone to rubbing off as an apeface. I'm not good at sugarcoating, all right?

So the fact that you are your a juvenile who can't use the King's English without being insulting is everybody else's fault?

Take some responsibility.

His handle is "Schizophrenic" - that announces to the world that he's prone to goofs :) Let's give him a break and focus on the topic.

I agree with Schiz, by the way, that the "errors" on that Macross outweight the "wow" factor. HOWEVER, they do not outweigh the FUN factor - and it looks like the project was lots of fun. I also really like the wires they put up around the antenna/bridge - I know there was line art out there somewhere supporting that...maybe it was in DYRL?... in any event that is cool that they did that.

But I honest to guffin (who's that?) don't recall those upper-leg laser turret things they've got going? Also - it could stand some paint :)

But no doubt it's an awesome project. I wonder what it can "do" ?

Hat tip to that gang of dedicated fans for this awesome work :)

Pete

though i've already seen this at an older thread, but still never fail to amaze me.. main material's not that easy to cut and form afterall.. hats off to the makers

now i just need to finish all my field work so i can get back to my "workBED" and start my next project... *cough SDF... *cough..

though i've already seen this at an older thread, but still never fail to amaze me.. main material's not that easy to cut and form afterall.. hats off to the makers

now i just need to finish all my field work so i can get back to my "workBED" and start my next project... *cough SDF... *cough..

Ah!!! your big project!

I cant wait to see this one! Good on you!

So the fact that you are your a juvenile who can't use the King's English without being insulting is everybody else's fault?

Take some responsibility.

I'm not even willing to take this to PMs...

His handle is "Schizophrenic" - that announces to the world that he's prone to goofs :) Let's give him a break and focus on the topic.

I agree with Schiz, by the way, that the "errors" on that Macross outweight the "wow" factor. HOWEVER, they do not outweigh the FUN factor - and it looks like the project was lots of fun. I also really like the wires they put up around the antenna/bridge - I know there was line art out there somewhere supporting that...maybe it was in DYRL?... in any event that is cool that they did that.

But I honest to guffin (who's that?) don't recall those upper-leg laser turret things they've got going? Also - it could stand some paint :)

But no doubt it's an awesome project. I wonder what it can "do" ?

Hat tip to that gang of dedicated fans for this awesome work :)

Pete

Finally, someone realizes the "Schizophrenic" part.

<_<

The fact that you have that as your name doesn't give you a free pass to insult other people's projects (calling it stupid) .As soon as you can do better maybe, maybe even not then. Don't make this thread about you. Move on.

• 3 weeks later...
@Exo, I'm only speaking for myself, I guess. I've just run into that stupid wooden Macross SO many times, it bores me. I see all the errors over the awesome, at this point, I guess.

It's reasons like this they call you juvenile. This project may not be perfect, but at least they put in the effort and they tried. I've seen this 1/500 several times now, and it's still inspiring to see a group of fans work together and put together something they like.

As for your handle, it's a serious disorder that I'd wish upon no one. It's not funny, it's not cool. If you suffer from it, perhaps you should take your Risperidone before posting another comment.

It's reasons like this they call you juvenile. This project may not be perfect, but at least they put in the effort and they tried. I've seen this 1/500 several times now, and it's still inspiring to see a group of fans work together and put together something they like.

As for your handle, it's a serious disorder that I'd wish upon no one. It's not funny, it's not cool. If you suffer from it, perhaps you should take your Risperidone before posting another comment.

Thread was dead. PMs were traded. Shoulda left it at that.

Looks like the DYRL Macross is finished (and if you look closely you'll notice that there appears to be more than one of them)

Linky

Thank Chas! I almost missed that! Heck yea, in my office too! This newer model looks cool! The shutters in the background explain it. The builder probably works in a joinery shop. - MT

WOW that is friggin awesome both in basic wood & most certainly painted.

I don`t know how some of you guys are actually saying it`s NOT accurate. You make one BETTER if that`s the case. These guys have done an outstanding job even if it`s not 100% accurate. I`d have it in my collection if it was offered :p

WOW that is friggin awesome both in basic wood & most certainly painted.

I don`t know how some of you guys are actually saying it`s NOT accurate. You make one BETTER if that`s the case. These guys have done an outstanding job even if it`s not 100% accurate. I`d have it in my collection if it was offered :p

If I had time and money, I would.

But I don't, so I won't.