BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Toys & Models.

I was just browsing the older threads and did not see one for Toys & Model kits. So heres a new Thread. As far as I know there are the Titanium Toys (but there so tiny) and reissues of the old 1979 BSG kits. But are there any plans to issue full size toys or models kits of the New Battlestar series?

I'd love to see 1/72 or 1/48 Scale Vipers & Raptors (All Variants). The Galactica, Pegasus and the Base Star as model kits.

And for the Toys, just picture a 1/60 scale Viper MKII & MK VII and the Raptors. Cylon fighters as well.

If theres any inside info out there feel free to share it with us, and if you have a collection of Battlestar items, Post some pics!!

So say we All.

Edited by 505thAirborne

Thats a shame, I certainly would not want to see BSG become some whored out series where everything insight that could made is, But some top quality Vipers, Battlestar's and Cylon ships would be nice.

I'd hate to think I'm alone in seeing a Yamato line (Or other qualified toy maker) of these items come out.

I have some of the smaller kits from Starship modeler. They are nice, but lack some detail that would have been easy enough to include (panel lines and so forth). Plastic kits are pretty much non-existent for the new stuff which is a shame. I know Revell (I believe that was the company) re-issued their old school kits within the last year or so.

You can find larger scale resin Vipers out there, but they are pretty limited runs and start at around $250, but they are about 15 inches long.

As for toys, the Titanium Vipers and Battlestars are probably your best bet for toys. Decent detail and the Galactica comes in a few larger sizes. There were some nice statues of the ships released too that were around 100 bucks a pop.

For me the problem with the Titaniums was that they were non-scale. I would have loved to see AMT release a pre-painted die-cast multi-media model kit of the Mk. II Viper. The kind you just put together with a screwdriver.

Slightly OT, but have you guys tried the BSG boardgame? Its pretty awesome and the miniatures are nice.

Last weekends game me and my pals. 4 humans, 2 cylons.

bsg1.jpg

Things look bad for humans

bsg2.jpg

Things look REALLY BAD for humans. Raiders were killing off the fleet, Centurions have entered the Galactica.

bsg3.jpg

BSG was destroyed.

I'm not making any promises about time frames because my kit queue has gotten way out of control (Wonderfest didn't help) but I've picked up a pretty nice set of resin kits. As I work on em I'll post updates to this thread, but it may be a while. I don't have all of the scales but I've picked up the Howling Wolf raider, I think it is around 1/24th scale. I have a copy of that large scale Raptor kit that John helps master/cast interiors for, a Frank &Moes Mk II viper, which if memory serves is a little closer to 1/20th than 1/24 and a Mk7 and cylon raider in 1/72. I snagged Timeslips NuBSG Galactica kit at Wonderfest as well.

If you are interested in tracking down kits I got most of these in the last few months so I can put you on the right track if they are still available.

Did anyone ever make a toy of that stealth Viper that lasted like 2 episodes (sorry, I'm completely blanking on the actual name/designation for it)?

I have the Titanium of the regular Viper that was painted black with blue pinstriping, but it's not the same thing.

Did anyone ever make a toy of that stealth Viper that lasted like 2 episodes (sorry, I'm completely blanking on the actual name/designation for it)?

I have the Titanium of the regular Viper that was painted black with blue pinstriping, but it's not the same thing.

They called it the "Blackbird", but christened (sp?) it Laura in honor of the president.

They called it the "Blackbird", but christened (sp?) it Laura in honor of the president.

That's right. Thanks.

So, anyone know if any toys or models were ever made of it?

I don't believe so. Resin kits seem pretty limited to the two Viper types and occasionally a Raptor and toys for the ships in the new series are almost non existent. If there is a Blackbird out there, it's probably a limited cast or one off fan made thing.

I don't believe so. Resin kits seem pretty limited to the two Viper types and occasionally a Raptor and toys for the ships in the new series are almost non existent. If there is a Blackbird out there, it's probably a limited cast or one off fan made thing.

I'm surprised. I know when I first saw it on screen, first thing I thought was that I hope they may a toy of it.

I'm surprised. I know when I first saw it on screen, first thing I thought was that I hope they may a toy of it.

You and I both. Its not as if BSG was a poorly rated series, It actually won awards and very highly rated.

Hopefully a company like Yamato, Bandai or even as a good Model kit, Hasegawa will decide to make some of these items.

That board game looks pretty good. Any way to order just the miniatures without the game? lol

Doubt it....but u really should get the game if you're a fan of BSG. Very thematic and fun for the whole family/friends.

I have the Joyride Studios Colonial Viper and Cylon Raider toys, which people have said are based on old model kits, but I'm not sure.

OK, toys. size is similar to the old Starwars Action Fleet toys, but quality is not quite as good. The Vipers wings are constantly falling off and so are the tripple thrusters.

Also, the two toys are not really in scale with each other.

Graham

I have the Joyride Studios Colonial Viper and Cylon Raider toys, which people have said are based on old model kits, but I'm not sure.

Graham

Do you have any pictures of these BSG toys? Curious what they look like.

I made a Lego version. :lol:

(Pictured in my friend Ryan's hangar bay diorama)

2923270469_3c4ca5a9c3_b.jpg

If you go back 1 whole page.......you'll see links to what you ask for.

Thanks! Wasn't sure if those were the same toys. I was just at my local hobby shop, they had a bunch of the reissue 1978 BSG model kits. I'm surprised Revell has not pondered whether to make any of the New designs. However maybe they can't afford new molds???

There are quite a few resin models out there. In 1/72 1/48 and 1/24th.

I have the 1/72, and 1/24th Applo version resin MK II

I mave the Mini G an dthe Peggy in same scale. The Valk is out there and Blackbird.

Look for some of them at Fantastic Plastic or starship modlers.

Now there WILL be a traditional MK II and Raptor coming out at the end of the year. It will be in scale with the TOS Viper which is 1/32 scale. Don't know about the raptor.

No toys but statues. the MK II and the MK VII, Cylon Fighter and teh Razor Fighter all scuplted from Gentle Giant. The same co that does the SW mini Busts. And the 2nd Cylon Mini Bust.

• 5 weeks later...

I guess there would have to be some serious interest in order to make large scale toys.

I just saw one of the Prop Raptor Helmets on Ebay sell for almost $2400.00 I don't even thing it was a Hero version.

post-6180-1245693949_thumb.jpg

Moebius Models has just got the license and will be releasing a 1/32nd scale MKII at the end of this year or beginning of the next one. They do want to do a Galactica as well. But they haven't any actual plans in motion for that one.

Oh. They're styrene kits like the old ones. They do nice kits too.

Edited by cobywan

Moebius Models has just got the license and will be releasing a 1/32nd scale MKII at the end of this year or beginning of the next one. They do want to do a Galactica as well. But they haven't any actual plans in motion for that one.

Oh. They're styrene kits like the old ones. They do nice kits too.

Best news I've heard in a while and if they want to make a GALACTICA, By all means please do so!!!