THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

Ahh, but wouldn't it be 15.08 tons? The VF-27 Lucifer is 12.08 tons empty plus the big heavy quantum beam gun weighs 3+ tons. :)

Of course, there's also fuel, ammunition for the 25 mm guns and micro-missile payloads to consider. :p

*505thAirborne kills everyone in this thread*

There, that's better :)

Anyway, not bad snakerbot.

Ahh, but wouldn't it be 15.08 tons? The VF-27 Lucifer is 12.08 tons empty plus the big heavy quantum beam gun weighs 3+ tons. :)

Of course, there's also fuel, ammunition for the 25 mm guns and micro-missile payloads to consider. :p

*505thAirborne kills everyone in this thread*

There, that's better :)

Anyway, not bad snakerbot.

No, it'd be 12.08 tonnes. That's the Metric system for you! :lol:

Instead, how about this: It's weightless Evil. This IS 0G, after all!

Do you do anything besides VF-4s?

I mean, after a while, the same design gets sickening to me... I'm not sure about anyone else.

Don't get me wrong, your work is amazing, but... It feels... Limited?

Yes, I do. However the only template that I have finished, and finished to my standards, is my new second-generation VF-4 one, so I've been updating a lot of my old VF-4 drawings, which is what you see here. The only all new one was SVF-32. This Southeast Asia one, for example, was one of the first ones I did last year and badly in need of an update.

It takes a really long time to finish the shading, the highlighting, and the minute detail. This is the one I'm currently on my way to finishing. I still need to draw, color, and shade it's cockpit, plus finish the shading. The only other finished templates I have are real-world military aircraft. I guess since I'm doing new squadrons and really changing up the markings, most of them drawn from scratch, it's keeping me from being bored with the design. :p

vf19fbase.th.png

Yes, I do. However the only template that I have finished, and finished to my standards, is my new second-generation VF-4 one, so I've been updating a lot of my old VF-4 drawings, which is what you see here. The only all new one was SVF-32. This Southeast Asia one, for example, was one of the first ones I did last year and badly in need of an update.

It takes a really long time to finish the shading, the highlighting, and the minute detail. This is the one I'm currently on my way to finishing. I still need to draw, color, and shade it's cockpit, plus finish the shading. The only other finished templates I have are real-world military aircraft. I guess since I'm doing new squadrons and really changing up the markings, most of them drawn from scratch, it's keeping me from being bored with the design. :p

vf19fbase.th.png

Hey, don't give me this "Takes a long time" crap! Up till just recently, I did all my stuff in MSPAINT!

So, if I can do what I did in MSPaint, you can do what you do in GIMP. :lol:

Hey, don't give me this "Takes a long time" crap! Up till just recently, I did all my stuff in MSPAINT!

So, if I can do what I did in MSPaint, you can do what you do in GIMP. :lol:

It still takes time! Mostly because I can't sit down and do most of it in one go anymore like I was before I started to work. Now I'm lucky to get a half an hour to work on it at a time. That does, inevitably, lead to extending the timeframe needed for completion.

I'm still waiting for the next VF-4 from Talos, and several VF-11s from hellohikaru.

Wow! A little demanding aren't we?

In the time that you spend waiting, you could learn how to do these yourself and have (near) instant gratification.

Hop to it!! :ph34r:

It's Bizarro World Macross! :lol: :lol: :lol:

that actually works... really well... like better than the correct version... freaky.

the YF-19 reminds me of roy's DYRL? 1S for some reason.

Do you do anything besides VF-4s?

technically, this isn't a VF-4... RIGHT? :unsure:

my original VF lives, and I finally got around to doing some shading!

SVF-1 in vintage SW1 colors.

th_VF-400_Skull_01_Roy.png

th_VF-400_Skull_11_Hikaru.png

th_VF-400_Skull_12_Kakizaki.png

th_VF-400_Skull_13_Max.png

also Jolly Roggers...

th_SVF-84_CAG.png

th_SVF-84_HiVis.png

th_SVF-84_LoVis.png

Also, a question for Talos. With your work, do you make the squadron emblems yourself or do you get them from some place?

Mix of the two, actually. Recently I've been doing more and more drawn ones, like SVF-32 and some I haven't uploaded yet, like SVF-14 Tophatters. I can share if there's any you need.

technically, this isn't a VF-4... RIGHT? :unsure:

my original VF lives, and I finally got around to doing some shading!

SVF-1 in vintage SW1 colors.

th_VF-400_Skull_01_Roy.png

th_VF-400_Skull_11_Hikaru.png

th_VF-400_Skull_12_Kakizaki.png

th_VF-400_Skull_13_Max.png

also Jolly Roggers...

th_SVF-84_CAG.png

th_SVF-84_HiVis.png

th_SVF-84_LoVis.png

Also, a question for Talos. With your work, do you make the squadron emblems yourself or do you get them from some place?

Mike, I just jizzed in my pants.

I'm guessing that the VF-400 is the "VF-4 Redux" I've heard about. Am I correct?

And, yeah, the thread about it is somewhere around here in Fan Works.

Outstanding stuff anime53k8, love the low-vis -84 bird.

You and Talos, all your work is Sierra Hotel for sure!

Thanks, hobbes!

I had actually updated my VF-84 VF-4 already, I haven't posted it, though, since I want to do a low-vis one first in line with the other VF-4 squadron profiles I've been doing. My Jolly Rogers plane is a VF-103. Got one more low-vis for that to finish before SVF-103 is done, then have to finish SVF-14 and one more and I'll post them all.

Consider this a preview of SVF-84 Vagabonds.

post-5201-1244953689_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Recently, I've been collaborating with another artist on doing Martin XB-51 Panther profiles, so I've had the VF-4 and other new Macross projects on the backburner. Anyway, I managed to get one of the three squadrons done, so here's SVF-103 Jolly Rogers in their modified markings compared to their VF-1 days.

th_VF-4SVF-103combined.png

And here's an example of the XB-51 I've been helping on.

th_USAFPanther22.jpg

That VF-400 really is a sexy plane... B))

Though, considering its a redesign using 2059 tech, shouldn't the insignia be the NUNS?

yeah, if you want an in universe explanation... the NUNS insignia seen in frontier is the insignia of the Macross 25 fleet defense arm and is unique to the frontier fleet, just like how all of the Galaxy's planes have that cool G marking. the rest of the NUNS forces continue to use the older insignia. yeah, that's it.

really it's because the New NUNS logo is lame and the flying kite is the only marking cool enough to for it :D

yeah, if you want an in universe explanation... the NUNS insignia seen in frontier is the insignia of the Macross 25 fleet defense arm and is unique to the frontier fleet, just like how all of the Galaxy's planes have that cool G marking. the rest of the NUNS forces continue to use the older insignia. yeah, that's it.

really it's because the New NUNS logo is lame and the flying kite is the only marking cool enough to for it :D

Seconded

Secondly, you could in-universe it by saying Galaxy has a special insiginia because of its status and that the Earth-based squadron use the old insignia. Everyone else uses NUNS.