THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

SchizophrenicMC

Well, I guess I'm easily impressed because I like it. Don't be too hard on yourself either, that picture of the VF-171 Nightmare Plus on my website is rather lousy picture (it's like first generation pic from way back before Macross Frontier started). So it's not like you've got something great to begin work with :)

hellohikaru

I love it! Wonderful scheme and very different from the others. Once again you've outdone yourself.

But now I have to download your two white and grey Howlers now :)

Talos

Ah, some new real world aircraft. Very nicely done. I like the brown and grey one.

Thanks. I'll probably do just a couple more of these Howlers then its something else.

Got this done recently..VAQ-131

ve3lancers.th.png

Practice is all you need, which brings patience with it too. You're doing pretty well on recoloring those linearts, so try experimenting and see what you come up with. That's how I figured out half the things I do now.

Maybe I need practice, but consider that my only methodolgy is free select and colorize. Practicing the wrong thing won't get you anywhere.

SchizophrenicMC

Well, I guess I'm easily impressed because I like it. Don't be too hard on yourself either, that picture of the VF-171 Nightmare Plus on my website is rather lousy picture (it's like first generation pic from way back before Macross Frontier started). So it's not like you've got something great to begin work with :)

I never said it was bad, just that I coulda done better.

"Don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself too much either,"

-Everybody's Free (to Wear Sunscreen)

The main problem I have with that VF-17 scheme is the white stripe on the wings not having any sort of gradient to it.

Would someone be willing to do some VF-1's and VF-4's in Air Force markings?

Heres what I had in mind:

366th Operations Group (Tail code: "MO")

• 389th Fighter Squadron

390th Fighter Squadron

391st Fighter Squadron

428th Fighter Squadron

Sorry it's taken awhile, I was on vacation in Tokyo, but here's a start.

th_VF-4CG389thFS.png

Well after a long while it seems I'm now able to log on and stay on. As Talos and hellohikaru can attest I've been on a South African Navy theme for a bit and have been trying to improve my skills somewhat. I may make a foray back into the world of Macross soon :)

Well after a long while it seems I'm now able to log on and stay on. As Talos and hellohikaru can attest I've been on a South African Navy theme for a bit and have been trying to improve my skills somewhat. I may make a foray back into the world of Macross soon :)

You know what you're still missing, though, right? SAN VF-0s! Obviously part of the UN. XD

End of the Line...My last 2 VE-3s as planned.

ve3t.th.png ve3jposeidons.th.png

hellohikaru

Great work yet again! I especially like the blue guy. It's good to hear you'll be changing it up. I love your VE-3 Howler, but I'd definitely welcome some variety. :lol:

No offense to Talos, but I've decided I hate the VF-4. It is easily my least favorite valk. Before, I kinda liked it, but now, I think even the VF-9 is cooler.

Talos, man, I think your work is amazing, but its central focus on the VF-4 and you releasing so much of it over time has just driven me away from it...

So, yeah, that's about it. I hate the Lightning III.

To be on-topic, I've got something cool in the works. Be sure to remember I jack my stuff from March, so anything beyond the colorscheme and the design (ie shading, canopy, cleaning) are his work. I'm not good enough for that.

No offense to Talos, but I've decided I hate the VF-4. It is easily my least favorite valk. Before, I kinda liked it, but now, I think even the VF-9 is cooler.

Talos, man, I think your work is amazing, but its central focus on the VF-4 and you releasing so much of it over time has just driven me away from it...

So, yeah, that's about it. I hate the Lightning III.

*cough*

vf9black.th.jpg

The only reason I haven't finished any other templates recently is that I've been far in a mood to do markings instead of the trudging grunt work of shading and highlighting. I'll finish the VF-19F pretty soon, just need to figure out the shading of the wing glove area and a few other things (plus do the cockpit interior). Besides, compared to the far over-done VF-1, the VF-4s always had the short end of the stick.

Looking forward to what you have coming.

Also, should point out that I've been focusing on realworld subjects recently and not Macross, like the AH-56A Cheyenne, P-61E, F3H-G/H, and B-51.

Edited by Talos

*cough*

vf9black.th.jpg

The only reason I haven't finished any other templates recently is that I've been far in a mood to do markings instead of the trudging grunt work of shading and highlighting. I'll finish the VF-19F pretty soon, just need to figure out the shading of the wing glove area and a few other things (plus do the cockpit interior). Besides, compared to the far over-done VF-1, the VF-4s always had the short end of the stick.

Looking forward to what you have coming.

Also, should point out that I've been focusing on realworld subjects recently and not Macross, like the AH-56A Cheyenne, P-61E, F3H-G/H, and B-51.

Hey, I have nothing against you, man. I know that shyte's a lot of work. I only like the VF-1 after its over-focus because it actually has characterization. I mean, it's in all 36 episodes of SDFM, as well as DYRL? and I think every game. The VF-4's in a game, Flashback, and a few frames as a model in SDFM and DYRL? And we just don't see it do much.

Anywho, I know you've been doing real stuff lately, but most of the stuff I've seen from you is the VF-4s...

Doesn't mean I admire your work any less.

This thing I'm doing requires a lot of Perspective tool... :wacko:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say that I absolutely love the VA-3 designs. I'm odd here, but the VA-3 is one of my favorite valk designs because of the retro look to it, not to mention the fact that it's more of a valk designed for different mission types. You guys definitely have great ideas for color schemes. Keep em all coming. Hopefully if I get time ever, I'll do a few of my own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmm, haven't posted anythere here in awhile.

Some Macross stuff I've been toying with while working on a large project. The new VF-1 lineart is based on the one in the Master File book, but I'm going to detail it even more then that when I'm done. (And yes, ignore the head that's installed on the plane right now, that was a rough sizing, but I need to fit a VF-1A head properly onto it with it looking....dinky...like the Perfect Memory one. XD)

vf1a.th.jpgvf1mfheads.th.jpg

Nice to see Talos reviving this thread. Been away from Macrossworld too long now.

Actually started on this awhile ago and still a long way to go. Talos has been kind enough to provide me with his latest revision of the VF-4 blank which is an absolutely gem.

Stay tuned for more..

post-833-1262841489_thumb.png

Hmm, haven't posted anythere here in awhile.

Some Macross stuff I've been toying with while working on a large project. The new VF-1 lineart is based on the one in the Master File book, but I'm going to detail it even more then that when I'm done. (And yes, ignore the head that's installed on the plane right now, that was a rough sizing, but I need to fit a VF-1A head properly onto it with it looking....dinky...like the Perfect Memory one. XD)

vf1a.th.jpgvf1mfheads.th.jpg

so what is the bottom head supposed to be?

• 1 month later...