THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

While working on finishing the profiles of several VF-19s, I got in the mood to do more markings, so we have two squadrons of VF-4s tonight, SVF-302 Stallions, a reserve squadron, and the CAG, CO, XO, and line birds of SVF-213 Black Lions.

th_VF-4SVF-302Combined.png

th_VF-4SVF-213combined1.png

th_VF-4SVF-213combined2.png

Astounding. I love how each of your colors schemes are different. You mix it up well. Good work!

The "HelloKitty" by HelloHikaru...very Macross 7-ish (gags)

Just kidding. Nice work hh. I'm saving all of these.

• 2 weeks later...
I just have to quote Robot Chicken Season 1 :)

"Now, let's say you vant to take out da GI Joe..."

Nice work.

Thanks and for today a downgraded Saudi version. Mainly downgraded systems and a locally installed MAWS.

f27sadhahran.th.png

updated image...

Edited by hellohikaru

SchizophrenicMC

Ah, interesting. Reminds me a bit of the original VF-17 colors, but lighter.

hellohikaru

Looks much like the "playboys" scheme.

Yeah, I was trying to match the new grey to the native grey. Also, I like the yellow that Skull-1 carried on his tail-tips and across the forward fuselage.. And red is ALWAYS a good choice. :lol:

I may end up doing a VF-17 scheme now.

Well, I've recently color corrected my VF-17 Nightmare pictures so they better represent the anime. If you need some up to date reference (since my next update is still pending), then I'll post it here for you.

So, there's more blue in that dark grey than red...

It is no problem. I will begin the workings soon. However, a problem arises: how to make the letters remain white, not dark grey.

That's a secondary concern, though. TIME TO BEGIN!

EDIT: I should really put a guarantee on my work. "5 hours or less or it's free!" :lol:

vf-171-fighterVF-17.png

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Thanks. Just needs bags of patience and working the pen tool. ^_^

...you're using the pen tool? O_o

Dude, use the paths tool! Outline your camo, select, feather 10px or so, then cut to the object shape you need. It's simple and clean and takes almost no time once you have the patterns set. I made some tutorial images on What If in Logan's thread, you should check them out and ask me on MSN later.

th_TSRHartmann1.png

th_TSRLuftdesert1.png

th_TSRIsrael.png

As an example, three of my old TSR-2s that use exactly that for their camo.

Schizo, skill isn't the missing piece. Just more patience is! :lol:

No, I'm pretty patient. I lack skill, and maybe method. My method is off.

Practice is all you need, which brings patience with it too. You're doing pretty well on recoloring those linearts, so try experimenting and see what you come up with. That's how I figured out half the things I do now.

SchizophrenicMC

Well, I guess I'm easily impressed because I like it. Don't be too hard on yourself either, that picture of the VF-171 Nightmare Plus on my website is rather lousy picture (it's like first generation pic from way back before Macross Frontier started). So it's not like you've got something great to begin work with :)

hellohikaru

I love it! Wonderful scheme and very different from the others. Once again you've outdone yourself.

But now I have to download your two white and grey Howlers now :)

Talos

Ah, some new real world aircraft. Very nicely done. I like the brown and grey one.