Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

Since people requested pics of the clip mod (soft crotch syndrome remedy)...

Michael can now stand proud!

I apologize for the blurry pic, it was the best I could get with my lame camera skills. To elaborate what you're seeing... the two white 0.01" inch 3x5mm sheets are between the housing and the actual clip. The clip was removed then the two sheets were super glued to the clip and wedge back into the housing.

Credit goes to Dio for providing this mod!

Uhh... second pic is of me holding him by his uhh... midsection connecter (crotch), suspended nearly horizontal only by my hand.

post-4919-1241538890_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1241538917_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1241538933_thumb.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Still haven't opened my reissue VF-25F yet. Saving it until I come back from my business trip on Saturday, so I've got something to look forward to.

Graham

Thx! Looking forward to the review :)

Since people requested pics of the clip mod (soft crotch syndrome remedy)...

Mikael can now stand proud!

I apologize for the blurry pic, it was the best I could get with my lame camera skills. To elaborate what you're seeing... the two white 0.01" inch 3x5mm sheets are between the housing and the actual clip. The clip was removed then the two sheets were super glued to the clip and wedge back into the housing.

Credit goes to Dio for providing this mod!

Uhh... second pic is of me holding him by his uhh... midsection connecter (crotch), suspended nearly horizontal only by my hand.

Thanks for the pics! Definitely something to consider.

Hey Tack,

What's that amazing base you are using to hold your VF? I would certainly like those so i can use it to display my 25S and 25F

FlexiDisplay: http://www.laftoys.com/

I have thought of it for sometime.....3 weeks ago I decided to modify the stand of my VF-259(s)

Even my Alto stand has been modded and Ozama is next this weekend.

Comments are welcomed.

3463789685_6f99003714.jpg

3464604952_4d44c5e16b.jpg

Nice! that's how Bandai should have made them :)

I have thought of it for sometime.....3 weeks ago I decided to modify the stand of my VF-259(s)

Even my Alto stand has been modded and Ozama is next this weekend.

Comments are welcomed.

3463789685_6f99003714.jpg

3464604952_4d44c5e16b.jpg

Those look awesome. What exactly did you do?

Looks like yellow tape/adhesive of some sort...

***EDIT***

Yes I agree, that's how Bandai should have done it. Unfortunately they probably thought ahead and said too many people would notice the easy scratch-able paint; scrapped the idea saving themselves the money and complaints.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Looks like yellow tape/adhesive of some sort...

***EDIT***

Yes I agree, that's how Bandai should have done it. Unfortunately they probably thought ahead and said too many people would notice the easy scratch-able paint; scrapped the idea saving themselves the money and complaints.

YES... You have very sharp eyes.

The SMS logo were covered with Yellow Vinyl stickers then cut to shape.

YES... You have very sharp eyes.

The SMS logo were covered with Yellow Vinyl stickers then cut to shape.

Thanks... me and my SSL-9B Dragunov Sniper Rifle like to go shooting Vajra on the weekends. LOL.

***EDIT***

Jking...

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I was bored (didn't have enough time to actually work on the VF-22 conversion project) and decided to take the VF-25G under a black light (UV light) and noticed the color differences were a bit more apparent (lol).

***Just a thought***

I think Bandai used the brightly/more vibrant color parts for areas where the plastic would endure more mechanical/physical stress. Where as the darker/duller colored parts are areas where the plastic would not.

Conclusion: brighter/more vibrant colored parts = higher grade plastic... XD

***EDIT***

It would've been cool if Bandai just made the whole VF-25 of the same plastic quality. Would be a great sight under a black light.

post-4919-1241590394_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1241590416_thumb.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Thanks for all the kind comments,

These Vinyl stickers are sold in art shops...another idea will be painting/printing a plain white sticker yellow then apply and cut as seem fit.

Edited by biglizard76

My reissue Alto arrived from BBTS today, and I have to say, I am in love <333.... this toy is not perfect by any means, but I still think it is phenomenal, and alot of fun to actually play with. Fighter mode looks good to me... I was really surprised to notice that the gunpod stays in place no problem without the special clip they provide, and the non-transforming pose hands can be mashed into the shield gap in fighter mode anyway, removing two of what were my biggest gripes. I'm not a line-art whore, so the landing gear look fine and serviceable to me, as do the leg fins and the overall fighter. Gerwalk mode is the biggest let down, as previously discussed, but I'm not really a fan of the 25's goofy Gerwalk anyway... I'll save the Gerwalk love for my incoming VF-11. Battroid mode is really fantastic to me... I can see where the hips could sit a bit lower and not bump into the waste bits, but it's not a big deal, and the crotch assembly on mine is rock solid. The shoulders on mine are super tight, and are definitely not going to get saggy in the near future. Overall articulation is great, and I'm surprised how stable Battroid mode is. The metal is not found in great quantities, despite the Chogokin labeling, but it is used to great effect in the right places. I can see, however, where the armor would make this toy into a tragedy if it wasn't perfectly tight and secure fitting. There's ALOT of moving parts in Battroid mode, and anything that wasn't properly bolted down would be a constant headache... glad I canceled my Alto armor preorder. I'm interested in getting another now, but not sure which to get... think I'll troll around and see how cheap I can find a Luca RVF.

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if you guys could help. It seems that BBTS is the only online store I could find that has the reissue Alto Valkyrie. :rolleyes:

Is there any other online store that has the new reissue?

Did Bandai ever announced Alto's valkyrie being packaged with either the fastpacks or armor? If so, when?

Thanks in advance!! -Felix

Here in Hong Kong the first issue "F" are dropping to around HK$ 890, and the RVF-25 is going for around HK$ 900 (!!) in some places, albeit not many. I think the color mismatch issue keeps it in the limited shelf space of shops here, and they want to get rid of them at any price. Michel's "G" goes for as high as HK$ 1,400, cheapest I saw was 1,100!! The "S" turtle has vanished in the areas I troll around (Monkok, not sure in Wanchai were Master G-man materializes more often).

Too bad online shops don't seem to reflect market reactions to the different models so quickly. Of course this effect can also make a hot seller to become instantly unreasonably expensive.

make a hot seller to become instantly unreasonably expensive.

The Alto VF-25 is now listed as discontinued on HLJ and reports of store sell-outs... Is this a sign of the popularity of Macross F or is Bandai limiting the production to make improvements or increase demand?

I like the quick turn around on improvements but wish I had pre-ordered an Alto Mk2.

Here in Hong Kong the first issue "F" are dropping to around HK$ 890, ...

how do you distinguish the 1st issue 25F from the re-issue? how're the stores' stocks of the re-issue? i'm really praying that there would be some left by the time i go there next mo. :mellow:

With the Shizuoka hobby show coming up in about a week's time, I'm looking forward to hopefully colored pics of the Armored Messiah, and hopefully previews of what's next after that. Keeping my fingers crossed about a VF-27 or VF-171... it's about time!

We're almost done with the VF-25s, except for the cannon fodders :)

With the Shizuoka hobby show coming up in about a week's time, I'm looking forward to hopefully colored pics of the Armored Messiah, and hopefully previews of what's next after that. Keeping my fingers crossed about a VF-27 or VF-171... it's about time!

... now if we can only get a VF-27... or more importantly, a VF-117 :D

I feel like such an a$$ for not realizing that the Bandai VF-25 1/72 model kits and the 1/60 DX Chogokin toys were not the same item!!!!

Now it's May and I can only find the VF-25G version, with the F and S sold out everywhere (HLJ, OD, F&S, etc...)!!! Does anybody know if they will be re-released because I don't want to go to Ebay or Amazon and get stuck with a crappy or misleading seller. I guess the only good thing out of this, is that the F and S had some quality issues, that the G does not. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

I feel like such an a$$ for not realizing that the Bandai VF-25 1/72 model kits and the 1/60 DX Chogokin toys were not the same item!!!!

Now it's May and I can only find the VF-25G version, with the F and S sold out everywhere (HLJ, OD, F&S, etc...)!!! Does anybody know if they will be re-released because I don't want to go to Ebay or Amazon and get stuck with a crappy or misleading seller. I guess the only good thing out of this, is that the F and S had some quality issues, that the G does not. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

The VF-25F was recently re-released with some quality improvements made. You can still get it from Anime-Export.com. HLJ is out of stock but I assume they'll get more stock in sooner or later.

The upcoming VF-25S Armored version is supposedly going to have even more improvements. You may want to wait for that to come out.

I think most of us hoping for a VF-25 CF release. My fingers & toes are crossed! :D

Edited by Javabean

Here in Hong Kong the first issue "F" are dropping to around HK$ 890, and the RVF-25 is going for around HK$ 900 (!!) in some places, albeit not many. I think the color mismatch issue keeps it in the limited shelf space of shops here, and they want to get rid of them at any price. Michel's "G" goes for as high as HK$ 1,400, cheapest I saw was 1,100!! The "S" turtle has vanished in the areas I troll around (Monkok, not sure in Wanchai were Master G-man materializes more often).

Too bad online shops don't seem to reflect market reactions to the different models so quickly. Of course this effect can also make a hot seller to become instantly unreasonably expensive.

In YJA there are dozens of RVF-25 is on 1 yen no res auction, looks like it is not as hot as the other valks.

Could also be that Luca SUCKED as a character...IMO

He did. He never really showed any huge tech prowess, and was eventually displaced as 'that vulnerable weakling in our squad' and awkwardly slotted into 'I'm attempting to feebly impress coma-girl and make faces of silent determination.'

They could have done without Luca altogether.

I can't help but think that I'd love an RVF-25 in grey Elintseeker colours. :lol:

I didn't particularly dislike Luca as a character, just not a fan of brightly coloured Valkyries, but the writers did miss pretty much every opportunity had with him. He was in a pretty good position to be a great character in the later part of the series.

I liked Luca because to me he seemed like the 'normal' character. The one who doesn't have anything freaky or dramatic going on, who just stays on an even keel and gets his job done. The proverbial 'everyman'. Granted that doesn't make for a particularly interesting character, but characters like him make a universe feel more real to me. That said, I'll definitely be picking up his DX toy at some point.

I liked Luca because to me he seemed like the 'normal' character. The one who doesn't have anything freaky or dramatic going on, who just stays on an even keel and gets his job done. The proverbial 'everyman'. Granted that doesn't make for a particularly interesting character, but characters like him make a universe feel more real to me. That said, I'll definitely be picking up his DX toy at some point.

Agree. Luca doesn't impress me a lot, but I think he serve good purpose on being there, and contribute a bit to the storyline when his tech knowledge came to good use. While Luca is a bit ordinary, he seems badass when compared to Kakizaki, who constantly making mistakes and eventually got himself killed. :p But even he serve some purpose with his goofiness.

Thanks in advance.

Try here!

http://www.angolz.com/home/categoryBrowse....=2&attrId=0

I can't help but think that I'd love an RVF-25 in grey Elintseeker colours.
Oh god yea!
While Luca is a bit ordinary, he seems badass when compared to Kakizaki, who constantly making mistakes and eventually got himself killed.
Yeah but Kakizaki at least tried, and even got a few kills....note.. "few". Seeing him PWND in the process, like that time Vritai basically destroyed his VF-1A was funny.
the writers did miss pretty much every opportunity had with him. He was in a pretty good position to be a great character in the later part of the series.
Agreed, he could have at least told Nanase how he felt.