Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

Damn Bandai and their exclusives. They should have realized they would've banked more by selling these products publicly and not just to the locals.

But yes the clear VF-25 definitely speaks exclusive; the armor set not so.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Well, the Tamashii web exclusive shown is just for the Armored parts ... I'm still going to hold onto hope for a retail release of Alto+Armored parts like they're doing for Ozma.

It says "there is no plan for the bundled set".

※ 「DX超合金 VF-25Fメサイアバルキリー(早乙女アルト機)」と「アーマードパーツ」の

セット版商品の予定はありません。

Edited by ff95gj

Damn Bandai and their exclusives. They should have realized they would've banked more by selling these products publicly and not just to the locals.

It is hard to tell which way is more profitable for them. They take all the profit of this directly ordered items, instead letting distributors and retailer taking a cut. They also only need to made the ordered numbers plus a few spears so they don't need a big warehouse or sell unpopular items at great discount.

If only they can handle international orders, we wouldn't have a problem. May be one day Bandai and Yamato would consider hiring someone like HLJ to handle oversea order for them.

It is hard to tell which way is more profitable for them. They take all the profit of this directly ordered items, instead letting distributors and retailer taking a cut. They also only need to made the ordered numbers plus a few spears so they don't need a big warehouse or sell unpopular items at great discount.

If only they can handle international orders, we wouldn't have a problem. May be one day Bandai and Yamato would consider hiring someone like HLJ to handle oversea order for them.

Yea... I would recommend Overdrive rather than HLJ. XD

As you said above, that's the main reasons for exclusives. Just look at the Queen Blade/Macross figure magazine/store/expo exclusives. Guess if one is desperate enough, one can always hunt it down thru evilbay. However, I've not been that desperate for almost 3 years now. :lol:

Edited by blacklotus

It says "there is no plan for the bundled set".

※ 「DX超合金 VF-25Fメサイアバルキリー(早乙女アルト機)」と「アーマードパーツ」の

セット版商品の予定はありません。

I was able to get the Alto Super Packs but funny enough don't have the VF-25F to put them on..... So much for getting the Alto Armored set for the aircraft. :wacko:

So the Tamasshi Exclusives are:????

1:60 Alto Super Packs

1:60 Ozma Super Packs

1:60 Michael Speakers and Ranka figure

1:60 Luca Ghosts

1:72 Clear VF-25F

Not a good trend.

Edited by Fly4victory

does anyone have tips to prevent this from happening? the peg that connects keeps coming off when i put the booster thingys on the wing

It looks like you might be pushing the legs back to far and naturally disconnecting the peg. If you position the hips too far back this will happen.

Is this a first or second release Alto?

I don't have this issue with the re-release Alto.

Hi CF18, I just tried ordering at the Tamashii webshop for the Alto armored packs and found that they do accept foreign credit cards. They can't ship it out of Japan though. So if you have a friend/relative or a proxy mail service in Japan you're good to go.

01.jpg

I'm assuming this is a model and not a perfect transformation toy? If it's the latter, I'm all over it. :blink:

It's a toy

Being the 1/48 fiend I am, this will definitely be a part of my collection!

Having serious camera issues so I had to use my jack-leg cell phone camera.

My birthday is tomorrw and this was given to me yesterday evening by my wife. Been so busy trying to maintain my collection that I have not been able to keep up with Frontier. I actually have no idea what it is. Will do some research on it.

gallery_7126_36_217897.jpg

wow, b-day goodies! ^_^

I have not been able to keep up with Frontier. I actually have no idea what it is.

in SDF or DYRL terms, that RVF-25 is like the "Kakizaki Valk" for Frontier... guess that's why it's green and piloted by a p$$y :p ... at least it has a randome to add to the coolness factor of the valk... :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

in SDF or DYRL terms, that RVF-25 is like the "Kakizaki Valk" for Frontier... guess that's why it's green and piloted by a p$$y :p ... at least it has a randome to add to the coolness factor of the valk... :)
In DYRL terms, it's the equivalent of the VE-1 Elint Seeker. RVF stands for 'Recon Variable Fighter'.

wow, b-day goodies! ^_^

Damn! :lol:

In DYRL terms, it's the equivalent of the VE-1 Elint Seeker. RVF stands for 'Recon Variable Fighter'.

My wife was all nervous about whether or not I would like it, but from the look on the box I told her it looked like the "new" Elint Seeker. I told her I wasn't familiar with it other than knowing it was from the Frontier series and that Elint variants are uncommon and that I would definitely keep it.

Hopefully, Bandai will announce some new DX toy products (VF-171 & VF-27?) At the Tokyo Toy Show in mid-July (Jul 16-19). Seems like Bandai's Macross Frontier focus & big news at the Shizuoka Hobby Show was mostly model kit related.

I really do hope they put out the VF-27 and VF-171.

If they come out with the VF-171, I 'd love for them to go with the EX variants first.

I like the paint scheme and the added weapons on those more.

I also hope they do a better job on them sculpt wise than the 25s.

LOL... I'd hate to say it only because it's probably going to happen if they do make the VF-171. Bandai will probably make an Alto exclusive and an Elint version (or the Elint exclusive and Alto being the regular).

And an exclusive web exclusive for the super packs for Alto's 171 EX custom.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but are they saying that the Armored parts for Alto's VF-25F will be sold separately and only as a limited edition in Japan? ( so no combo like the VF-25S?)

As far as we know so far, that is correct.

Graham