If there was a live concert who would you see? *poll*

Vepariga

Who would you see Live out of this list?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Out of this list

• Lyn Minmei
    • Sheryl Nome
    • Yellow Dancer/Yellow Belmont
    • Sharon Apple
    • Basara
    • Ranka
    • Ishtar
    • wendy ryder

who would you spend ,say $60 - $70 admission to go see live, all have killer laser show displays.

id go sharon apple,she has funky beats.

i try to include as many as i can recall,yes including one from robotech. i love it all macross and 'tech. cant exclude. lol

Edited by Vepariga

By the way...who's Yellow Dancer?

Robotech's version of the female alter ego of Yellow Belmont from Mospeada.

Actually a much better vocalist than Reba West/Rebecca Forstadt (Robotech's Minmei), but still pretty awful due to bad writing and recycled Minmei songs.

well he's from genesis climber mospeada or some others would know from 'robotech :new generation' , i just wanted to try and include as many as i could think of. ^_^

And yet no Ishtar or Wendy Rider... FOR SHAME! :p

Hmmmm... Ishtar or Sheryl Nome. Fancy lightshows I can do without, I want some decent songs.

On the contrary: decent songs I can get on any CD, when I go to a concert I want the live performance. Not that I don't want good music, but light show, stage presence, ability to excite a crowd - all of those add into what I can't get at home. That said, I'm still going with Sheryl Nome: she seems very much the consummate performer, and I like her music, so it's win-win.

I voted Yellow. Just to fan the flames.

KILL THE ROBOTECHIE!111

JBO, you got me laughing as soon as I read your post :lol: More humor in any situation is allways appreciated, at least by me that is. That said I would pay to see a live show by more than one Fire Bomber and Sheryl are my two picks for stage performers as well as song options. I agree with Bowen, a double bill would be best, but if I have to pick just one I'll go with Sheryl. There are none of her songs that get irratating if you hear them again and again, plus she's prettier than Basara! :lol:

Edited by wldr

There should also be some options for diversification - for example:

Top Choice for Singing while giving me a lap dance: SHERYL

Top Choice for Singing to me on a sunny day in the park: RANKA

Top Choice for Singing to me in bed: Minmey

Top Choice for Singing to me in the shower; Basara

Wait...

Pete

JBO, you got me laughing as soon as I read your post :lol: More humor in any situation is allways appreciated, at least by me that is. That said I would pay to see a live show by more than one Fire Bomber and Sheryl are my two picks for stage performers as well as song options. I agree with Bowen, a double bill would be best, but if I have to pick just one I'll go with Sheryl. There are none of her songs that get irratating if you hear them again and again, plus she's prettier than Basara! :lol:

Glad you agree with me :D

And yeah, I'd rather see Sheryl on stage, especially in one of her racy outfits, than Basara :p

I have to say Fire Bomber, only because I'm a total metalhead and they're the closest thing to Metallica that Macross has had.

Although I might go to Sheryl...she's not annoyingly poppy like Britney Spears or someone.

Edited by MDP310

Whoa. The Who? Metallica?

No offense, but Fire Bomber is Ziggy Stardust, at best. The Macross 7 music is definitely glam. But it gets me thinking about the fictional music acts of Macross. What would be their real world contemporaries, taking into account era, movements and popular styles. If I had to compare the fictional Macross idols to real world popular music acts, I'd choose something like this:

Lynn Minmay would definitely be a Donna Summer/Madonna fusion, right down to the late disco and early 80's pop influences.

Sharon Apple would be a Mylene Farmer/world music combination, with some house ala New Order thrown into the mix.

Fire Bomber would be early David Bowie/Iggy Pop glam/glitter rock with a sanitized Kiss-meets-Mötley Crüe wardrobe.

Sheryl Nome is like a Gwen Stefani/Kylie Minogue medley of alternative/retro pop with a diluted Cher-like stage personality.

Whoa. The Who? Metallica?

No offense, but Fire Bomber is Ziggy Stardust, at best. The Macross 7 music is definitely glam. But it gets me thinking about the fictional music acts of Macross. What would be their real world contemporaries, taking into account era, movements and popular styles. If I had to compare the fictional Macross idols to real world popular music acts, I'd choose something like this:

*snip

For some reason, Fire Bomber reminded me of Cheap Trick. Not so much because of the music style, I think it's because when Cheap Trick went to Japan, everyone went apeshyte crazy for them. Plus, their album live from the Budokan is AWESOME. Plus, Fire Bomber played in a hugenormous space Budokan arena.