Skygirls

Sky Girls is a decent show, pretty fun if you are into mecha musume (ala girls in robot armor).

It holds out better than Strike Witch imo, also it got the Vic Viper cameo!!

Strike Witches also has a Vic Viper...renamed to Overlord i think. :lol:

(And i was hoping they would name it Lord British. :( )

Sky Girls isn't bad.

Talking about Ozma clones, there's one in Valkyria Chronicles. XD

You couldn't pay me to watch garbage like that.

Actually, Sky Girls wasn't half-bad. Far better than you'd expect, especially given the basis of the show.

Or so I've heard. Obviously I'd never watch something that looked that dumb.

What? Why does nobody ever believe me?

I Just finished watching the Vic Viper episode. Kind of confusing to me. Where is it originally from and why is it in the show?

It's a cameo got in because the show is sponsored by Konami.

Vic Viper is the popular fighter of the Gradius series of game, which made by Konami.

It's a cameo got in because the show is sponsored by Konami.

Vic Viper is the popular fighter of the Gradius series of game, which made by Konami.

And Vic Viper was turned into a transformable Mecha in PS2 Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. It was cool.

A side note, all the Vic Viper in the Gradius series were different models.

Anyone got a quick summary on what this series is about (besides girls in robot armor)?

Earth is attacked by aliens (?) called WORM, or Weapon Of Raid Machines. Big war happens and the WORMS are destroyed. Most of the Earth's population of men are dead and cities destroyed. 10 years later WORMs appear again. Prototypes called Sonic Divers are created and piloted by cute girls to fight against WORMs.

yeah o.k.. butt;

why so much armor if the pilot is totally UN PROTECTED???????????????? makes NO sense what so ever!!!

SURE:.... you want too see the girl and mech combined but..

>>>one bullet and the whole enterpize falls to earth??? ..gimme a break please-

give -em some armor to shield they're delicate hot bods from injury/death +++waste of 100 million dollar armor mech!

yeah o.k.. butt;

why so much armor if the pilot is totally UN PROTECTED???????????????? makes NO sense what so ever!!!

give -em some armor to shield they're delicate hot bods from injury/death +++waste of 100 million dollar armor mech!

weight and speed ^_^

yeah o.k.. butt;

They're protected by a layer of nanomachines which is apparently impervious to bullets and also acts as a link with the suit itself. However the nanomachines can only remain active for a limited amount of time. The suits are more like anti WORM weapons rather than armour.....because apart from the Vic Vipers, they are the only things that can effectively destroy WORMS.

yeah o.k.. butt;

If you look at the pics you can just see what looks like a tail sticking out the back of the suits. The suits are charged up before they go into combat with the nano thingies that wolfx mentioned and it lasts for between 5 & 10 minutes from memory and yes they are sitting ducks once it runs out as the suit not only protects them against weapons damage but also allows them to fly the sonic divers at speed with no cockpit.

If you look at the pics you can just see what looks like a tail sticking out the back of the suits. The suits are charged up before they go into combat with the nano thingies that wolfx mentioned and it lasts for between 5 & 10 minutes from memory and yes they are sitting ducks once it runs out as the suit not only protects them against weapons damage but also allows them to fly the sonic divers at speed with no cockpit.

It's actually over 20 minutes.

i want 2 like these designs but ughhh umm theyre alright..

if i owned one i would have too mod some sort of armor.. for the pilot(just too sleep at night!)

Yeah. The show was one of those things I WANTED to recommend to a few people, but couldn't bring myself to actually do.

Because you feel guilty and slightly perverted by watching jailbait in skimpy outfits?

Ayup.

If it'd sucked, I'd've kicked it aside and never looked back.

And dammit, the females in skimpy outfits are supposed to be hot! Not girls that've barely started to look different from boys!

Sky Girls should've been like Godannar!

Wait, I'm embarassed to recommend Godannar too. Never mind.

*cough*

The girls in Skygirls were about 16-18 and the youngest looking one (forgot names) is already in university (though she's a child prodigy). But yes ppl have always argued how anime girls seem pre-pubescent for obvious reasons.

*cough*

The girls in Skygirls were about 16-18 and the youngest looking one (forgot names) is already in university (though she's a child prodigy). But yes ppl have always argued how anime girls seem pre-pubescent for obvious reasons.

Ignoring the pseudo-german girl that got added in later?

Well, Wikipedia says she's Elise, and 15. That seems... wildly out of step with her depiction?