Battletechnology

I'm looking for a picture, so I'm hoping someone can help me find it.

In the basic boxed set for either 2nd or 3rd edition, there was a picture on the back cover of the rule book. What it was, was an abstract version of the Tomahawk that shows up on the front cover. (The one with the slightly twisted torso, firing a secondary laser and walking at the smae time) This pic was also surrounded by a sunburst design. I'd love to get my hands on that pic, again...

Could anyone help me out?

Just for reference, here's the main pic that showed up on the front box cover...

post-11341-1238105578_thumb.jpg

Thanks, everyone...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Who did they have to pay to get that to happen?

And can we please hire whoever they are to get the Zeta Gundam theme music back please? :lol:

Edit: thinking about it, the FASA designs gradually began to differ somewhat (although still recognisable) from what they were originally based on. Perhaps there was a loophole there somewhere...

Edited by F-ZeroOne

• 2 weeks later...

Some people are even suggesting this could be for a new movie.

I hope it's not as anything in that vein that Hollywood has got it's grubby paws on to has turned out to a WOFTAM.

AGH! Teasers!! So.... we need info! If it IS MW5, I LOVE the idea of doing alot more to set the 'mechs and fighting in 'real' environments... the previous games always had that classic flight-sim backdrop to them, where most of the scenery was simply different colored pieces of turf, with the occasional building or something thrown in, with no people or life to them. I think my favorite mission in all of MW-dom was in 4 Mercs, when there was an actual city-fight, even if the city was unpopulated.

AGH! Teasers!! So.... we need info! If it IS MW5, I LOVE the idea of doing alot more to set the 'mechs and fighting in 'real' environments... the previous games always had that classic flight-sim backdrop to them, where most of the scenery was simply different colored pieces of turf, with the occasional building or something thrown in, with no people or life to them. I think my favorite mission in all of MW-dom was in 4 Mercs, when there was an actual city-fight, even if the city was unpopulated.

Well, no one is supposed to be fighting in cities in BattleTech (Article V of the Ares Conventions) which is why we've never seen too many of them in the games (MechAssault notwithstanding), although the conventions have been known to be tossed away at will.

That jumping giant robot from the teasers looks too much like a Jenner for this not to be a MW game. Either way, it looks promising, and I hope to high heaven there's a toy line involved.

Doesn't the original creator Jordan Weisman (sp?) have the rights to the video game part (mechwarrior). Not sure about the board game (battletech) side though, I think that belongs to InMediaRes. Who really knows because in true Land of The Free style it's hidden under a million different names :rolleyes:

Edited by thegunny

Yeah Jordan Weisman's new company holds the rights to Mechwarrior, at least that's what the IGN article said. Those other teasers make me think that it is certainly something in that universe. Doubt it's a film though.

IGN apparently will have some kind of reveal about what this is on Thursday. Fingers crossed for MW5.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

I played the Mechwarrior 4 "cockpit" game over at Dave & Busters in the Edwards Marqe center here in Houston.

Basicly a third person shoot-'em-up crapfest.

I miss the Battletech simulators they had over in Memorial City Mall, even though I never had the chance to play them.