Could someone tell me what scale the robot damashii/robot spirits figures are. I was thinking of picking up few. Thanks in advance.

Officially they're non-scale. Practically they work out to just a little smaller than 1/144 scale - ie. they are comparable to HG scale in Gundam plamo (though as stated they're typically a little smaller than their model compatriots at HG, they would look fine displayed next to them). Note that this applies mainly to the Gundams - you'll find that the other RD figures tend to fall in the same ballpark size as the Gundam line even when in "real life" they should be bigger or smaller - ie. Code Geass RDs are about the same size as Gundams and while L-gaim figures are somewhat taller, they are not tall enough to be considered properly in scale with the Gundams.

Officially they're non-scale. Practically they work out to just a little smaller than 1/144 scale - ie. they are comparable to HG scale in Gundam plamo (though as stated they're typically a little smaller than their model compatriots at HG, they would look fine displayed next to them). Note that this applies mainly to the Gundams - you'll find that the other RD figures tend to fall in the same ballpark size as the Gundam line even when in "real life" they should be bigger or smaller - ie. Code Geass RDs are about the same size as Gundams and while L-gaim figures are somewhat taller, they are not tall enough to be considered properly in scale with the Gundams.

Thanks for the info. I saw that they are releasing the gelgoog and gouf in 1/144 and was wondering if they were about the same size as the sazabi, gouf custom, and the zaku 2.

Thanks for the info. I saw that they are releasing the gelgoog and gouf in 1/144 and was wondering if they were about the same size as the sazabi, gouf custom, and the zaku 2.

I would say roughly yes but would emphasize roughly. Keep in mind I only have a couple of 1/144 models/figs for comparison to the RDs (and everything is packed away) but the Sazabi RD is bigger figure than most RDs so it would be comparable (again by perfect scaling it should probably be somewhat larger next to a gelgoog). Gouf custom again is close to 1/144. I've seen some people mention that the RD Zaku II is a bit undersized - ie. still close to 1/144 but maybe a bit more of a size difference. In sum, you're not going to have perfect scaling but I would be content to have them all on the same shelf. Hope that helps. Only other thing is just double check you like the styling on the Zaku II - some have mentioned it's too 079 anime styled compared to more recent representations. The Gouf custom seems to be well regarded (particularly it's insane amount of accessories). It's sad that I've got all of these RDs and yet they (like most of my Valks for that matter) remain in packaging - one day I'll finally get them on display...

sorry, I plan on picking up enough Leo's to use all the parts eventually.(two more for three total). personally, I think both the figure and the option parts would have been a way better value if they had included the spare hands and pose-able head with the main figure and replaced them in the option part box with an OZ flag.

Robot-Damashii-SIDE-MS-Leo-03_1333147722.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Really? No Really? Its pretty ugly and those puny wings are supposed to keep that thing in the air :lol:

it has a fighter pilot helmet for a head complete with oxygen mask and slide down visor. I Shouldn't have to explain why that's awesome.

It was Noin's main suit. That's why I want one. Also I'll need some for Shenlong to battle. :)

Anyways--adding the option set makes the Leo go from about the cheapest to the most expensive RD (of the ones I'd like to own). But I really want the shield. (seriously Bandai--no SHIELD? I don't need the Dober gun or shoulder cannons, those were secondary--but the shield is pretty standard equipment---it'd be like making Sinanju's shield optional or something)

Everything I've read indicate it's one of the best of all, and better than the MG in some ways. I'm very tempted, though I had planned for most all my Unicorn stuff to be HG/MG kits, not RD's. (though the gold trim pretty much meant "no Sinanju kit for me")

Really, I need to see Sinanju animated more before I commit to having one in any form. So far it's been quite absent lately in the OVA. I assume it'll show up again. (no spoilers please)

I keep putting off buying one but I really want it for the same reason I bought the RD Unicorn and Banshee. I've got the MG/GFFMC which look gorgeous on the shelf but they're too big and delicate to be playable desk toys.

Of course, I also bought the GFFMC and MG kit before even seeing the OVA simply because I liked the designs.

Edited by anime52k8

• 1 month later...

I'm not gonna let this thread die!

I purchased a GFFMC unicorn, something I've been wanting for quite a while now, the other day, and will hopefully be posting a short review if it shows up on time. I'm quite excited to get it, it'll be my first Unicorn in any shape or form.

Also, any new announcements regarding the Fix Figuration line? I hope Bandai doesn't let this line die...

I read they are re-releasing the original finish GFFMC Unicorn this year.

Metal Build line seems to be doing well. Exia R3 is next. Seems like MB release pattern is 00 -> SEED -> 00, so I hoping 4th MB will be Strike with all Striker Packs (wishful thinking). It's probably only be AILE pack, and Launcher/Sword packs as Tamashii exclusive (poo)

Oh yeah I also read that 1/100 MC Psycho Gundam is being re-released too.

My wish for a UC GFFMC would be GP01 ground version with swappable FB armor parts. *starry eyes*

there was no 1/100 MC psycho gundam. it was 1/144, but because the Psycho Gundam is so damn huge he was the size of a large 1/100 figure.

anyways, pre-orders at hobby search and HLJ are already closed for it.

Personally I'd like to see the psycho gundam mkII get a reissue.

Ive never built a Gundam so what scale/grade do you recommend? I dont want it to be tiny or look like junk put together. Hopefully would just need a clear coat and a gundam marker. With all of the different model types I dont know where to start.

I'm not much a builder myself, but I'd ask the guys over in the Plamodel thread (this is the action figure thread :D ). Anyhow, I would get into master grades if that is what you want. THey tend to be fairly cheap (well, cheap for those who are used to forking over 200+ on each toy like most macross collectors), and are easy to build as well.

They look pretty good too, and the new ones are almost as complicated as some of the old perfect grades :)

But if you want something ready for play, get into the robot damashii, gundam fix figuration, or metal build lines. Those are action figures, and come built out of the box, and many feature diecast as well. Good stuff!

As long as they keep making secondary Gundam Wing suits, I could care less what other series they start making figures for (unless of course they suddenly decided to do a bunch of G Gundam figures, at which point I would absolutely loose my mind).

GFFMC Unicorn is awesome. I have 2 of the prism coated versions (so I can display in unicorn and destroy mode :p)

You're gonna love it.

The only con is the articulation in the knees could have been better. I would have liked more range of motion.

They should really make a GFFMC Banshee to go along with the GFFMC Unicorn. :D

Do you think they'll release a trans-am version of the MB Exia? I'd love to get one just so I can pose it with the dual beam sabres like in the anime when they first discover trans-am. :p

I am hoping they also release an add on pack so you can convert the MB Exia into Exia Repair I. Love the cape and busted up face.

Finally got it!! First of all, the GFFMC unicorn is a ROCK SOLID piece, save for a few armor parts that flail around. At the same time, it was SOOO tight that I abstained from transforming it for the time being. I think I'll transform it once I have more patience after my tests are completed.

Beyond that, you guys were right that it's fairly unposable, and can generally only achieve static standing poses (albeit, the joints were so tight that I didn't really experiment too much). My piece also had a bit of yellowing on the right calf piece. Beyond that though, it looks AMAZING. I'm happy I bought it for the display value alone!