1/48 Hikaru Weathering Special

Kicker773

Anyway I'm not sure if there was one started already but we needed updates. I finally got a chance to see how this thing looks like....well it looks exactly like the Roy weathered, but has nothing special to it. No special slip cover or anything else for that matter. It basically looks like a regular VF1S hikaru box and inside is a weathered valk with the same small piece of paper that Roy had indicating "This is weathered etc.". For the price that they will be going for not sure if I'm convinced to pick one up. I mean anyone can just weather a Hikaru 1S and then slap on a photo copied/chopped version of the weathering label and slap it on there and call it limited edition. Not suggesting ideas for the scammers out there, but as an anal collector of the 1/48, not sure i'd be willing to shell out the amount that this goes for while i can just have someone weather one for me and get better results and get rid of the seam on the VF1S head and then slap on my own small piece of paper indicating its weathered. Voila i have a limited edition one to as well :p I'm not sure if the FP are weathered, but c'mon it still comes in an original FP box.

post-4348-1236446947_thumb.jpg

post-4348-1236446960_thumb.jpg

Although the only difference I see are these stickers, "but c'mon stickers.. your talking about stickers?"

post-4348-1236447287_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kicker773

Not even a special box??? That kinda tells me that all they are doing is just trying to move old stock by doing one extra process to it, then selling it at a higher price. Can't necessarily get mad at them for it, but that's a little cheesy not redoing the box as well. Since I was never into the 1/48s, I can't say much on the idea of the weathering. My one weathered Roy VF=1S still has yet to be opened. I hope you didn't pay an arm/leg for that.

Nope I didn't pick one up. I was planning to since it was suppose to be a "Special Edition", but after seeing the pictures I don't see how its worth more than the price some of these individuals are asking for. I like the roy version better, atleast there was something special about it. Or if someone really did care they could make their own Red slip cover for it. ^_^

Hire someone for wether work plus the cost of 1/48 is equal to buy this.

I think that this wether valks are so expensive, with this money I can afford a high end air brush and equipament to do it myself and have the equipament for others things.

Edited by SVF-Gerwalk

Anyway I'm not sure if there was one started already but we needed updates. I finally got a chance to see how this thing looks like....well it looks exactly like the Roy weathered, but has nothing special to it. No special slip cover or anything else for that matter. It basically looks like a regular VF1S hikaru box and inside is a weathered valk with the same small piece of paper that Roy had indicating "This is weathered etc.". For the price that they will be going for not sure if I'm convinced to pick one up. I mean anyone can just weather a Hikaru 1S and then slap on a photo copied/chopped version of the weathering label and slap it on there and call it limited edition. Not suggesting ideas for the scammers out there, but as an anal collector of the 1/48, not sure i'd be willing to shell out the amount that this goes for while i can just have someone weather one for me and get better results and get rid of the seam on the VF1S head and then slap on my own small piece of paper indicating its weathered. Voila i have a limited edition one to as well :p I'm not sure if the FP are weathered, but c'mon it still comes in an original FP box.

post-4348-1236446947_thumb.jpg

post-4348-1236446960_thumb.jpg

Although the only difference I see are these stickers, "but c'mon stickers.. your talking about stickers?"

post-4348-1236447287_thumb.jpg

QFT. I never completely understood the need to have a toy weathered for you. I understand the time issue but if you've got time, some paint(aerosol or airbrush), soldering iron or BB Gun for battle damage, odds and end metal pieces and wire and clear coat you could have a really cool weathered piece. But that's just me....

20.gif

Its not about me DA ^_^ its about the "Special Version Valk" Honestly I have no clue to do weathering. And no the price of this valk for what it I've seen, asking price is twice and almost triple the price of getting your own valk and FP and getting them weathered.

I really thought that it was going to be in some sort of special box or something since it was being sold with the weathered FP. Bad yamato marketing dept.! :p I have a feeling if someone from their company reads this they'll probably re-release it again with a new box if their willing to go the extra mile to move old stock. From a marketing stand point I think more people would probably value its rareness and purchase it if it had its own special box and not the one we currently have already.

I was really expecting to see more than what has been issued. It would have been nice to create a special gift box ala Toys R Us Japan. At least someone could justify it to themselves to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a box. :wacko:

I'm all for collecting the 1/48, but this is a definite pass for me. <_<

I hope the trend of exclusives does continue, as I wouldn't put it passed Yamato not to release the VF-1S Strike Max and the a weathered version.

No offense to the owner(s)... but this is some real cheap sh1t for a king's ransom. Why can't Yamato at least do something for this like what they did for the Stealth Combo Pack??? From the time this was announced on the Macross Chronicle until now, they should have more than enough time to come up with something decent to make this offering more attractive. Ah well, this thread's review is too late and won't prevent people from getting it. The other people who ordered it are probably unwrapping it or have their shipped to them. On a positive note, at least this weathered valk will not devalue the old 1/48 DYRL VF1S Hikaru.

Yep got mine last night. I was so excited as soon as I opened the shipping box and saw the standard issued boxes the excitement was gone. Disappointed that's for sure they could have at lest had a slip cover. I'll put up pictures soon.

Yep got mine last night. I was so excited as soon as I opened the shipping box and saw the standard issued boxes the excitement was gone. Disappointed that's for sure they could have at lest had a slip cover. I'll put up pictures soon.

Oh man this is a flucking travesty Yamato. Really and truly sad that these are just repaints of current stock. Check this out though....

What's your price Save...if you were were willing to sell it???

Oh man this is a flucking travesty Yamato. Really and truly sad that these are just repaints of current stock. Check this out though....

What's your price Save...if you were were willing to sell it???

HAHA. Seriously we can't really point the finger at Yamato for the lack of packing. Yamato supplied prized but everything was handed by the publishing company even the toys were not shipped from Yamato. Since the Max was never made it would need to be in a new box I assue the same for Kakizaki. A Weathered Hikaru just like the Roy Weathering Ver.1 would still be in a standard issue box. The choice of producing a slip cover my guess would have to be on the publishers budget and not Yamato.

What would I sell it for, not sure still need to take a closer look at it.

• 3 weeks later...

A seller on Ebay has a weathered VF-1S Hikaru w/Fast packs for sale. $699.99 is his asking/opening price. this is the Item number: 260384127742

I have the regular Hikaru VF-1S & Strike parts at around $215.00, I'm just as happy with that set up!!!

Was very lucky to see it. At first I didn't even notice it as the box is just like a normal VF-1s Hikaru. But when I saw the price tag I know I finally found it. Will be heading for Nakano this wed, will keep a look out to see if I can find anymore.

Was very lucky to see it. At first I didn't even notice it as the box is just like a normal VF-1s Hikaru. But when I saw the price tag I know I finally found it. Will be heading for Nakano this wed, will keep a look out to see if I can find anymore.

Your awesome Dash 129.gif

Hey Dash if you find another and plan on selling it for the right price I'm calling first dibs on it! :lol: Kicker hasn't "officially" said he wants it, but has shown "sincere interest". ^_^

I only manage to get some not all ..... saw some interesting stuff to share so .... hehehe....no worries will keep a look out for more gd stuff to share.....still in Japan for while.

Ooohhh! You're just being mean now Dash! Cool items you picked up there man! If only we had that kind of access in the states. :(

I only manage to get some not all ..... saw some interesting stuff to share so .... hehehe....no worries will keep a look out for more gd stuff to share.....still in Japan for while.

Do keep an eye out for more cool stuff. I might even consider seriously consider a 1/48 Hikaru weathered VF-1S if the price is right. Check you PM.