Strike a Pose! Ver. 3.0

I had the picture style mode set wrong so it was taking shots with max contrast and saturation. :unsure:

yeah I know, I can tell by the way it looks, I'm just giving you a hard time. :p

I know my white balance is still off but it's late and I don't care enough to dial it in.

yeah I know, I can tell by the way it looks, I'm just giving you a hard time. :p

I know my white balance is still off but it's late and I don't care enough to dial it in.

very late, why are you still up at 1AM taking pictures? :p

now fear my dramatic ghetto lighting.

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

very late, why are you still up at 1AM taking pictures? :p

now fear my dramatic ghetto lighting.

IMG_4843.jpg

Hey, that looks familiar... :D

_DSC4124.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

lol, poor tech guy.

Drank too much tea at the chinese restaurant we went to for dinner so now I can't sleep...

Edited by eugimon

Hey, that looks familiar... :D

_DSC4124.jpg

wow, I didn't even remember that one. I just noticed the antenna on the standard tomahawk is plastic, the ODs' metal.

lol, poor tech guy.

Drank too much tea at the chinese restaurant we went to for dinner so now I can't sleep...

eh, could be worse. I got a new mattress with an adjustable frame yesterday, but it crapped out on me so now I'm stuck on the couch. <_<

wow, I didn't even remember that one. I just noticed the antenna on the standard tomahawk is plastic, the ODs' metal.

Yeah, when I read Jenius' review and got to that part I was very sad. I like the tan color scheme better though, so oh well. Maybe one of these days I'll fashion a metal antenna.

eh, could be worse. I got a new mattress with an adjustable frame yesterday, but it crapped out on me so now I'm stuck on the couch. <_<

Hah, I've been on the couch for 2 years... we let our son co-sleep with us *once* when he was sick and that turned into 2 years of me on the sleeper couch out in the living room. :lol:

I really really like Gamlin's Sturmvogell II. The color scheme is superior to the YF-21, as is the cockpit design - as it should be, given that the YF is just a prototype... anyways - really awesome that Yamato made this.

Pete

I can't stand either of those things about it. the blue and yellow looks better than the green-grey and yellow, and I hate the new canopy. the YF-21 looked sleek and imposing, the 22 just looks bulbous. and I HATE the 22's face. new belly plates are cool.

If/when the make M&M VF-22's, I think I'll order replacement YF-21 canopies and faces from OD and make VF-21's out of them. ^_^

Edited by anime52k8

Exellent pics everyone.

I have a question about those stands. Are the tips made of some kind of adhesive or something? I mean - or is it just that you have to get the jets onto something?

I've been thinking about getting stands - and those look like the best around - but how do they "work" ?

Pete

Ah... what I really admire about the VF-11B is the backside - that is the top of the plane viewed from above... I remember I had the old 1/72 - and beyond the obvious problem of its' legs falling off, I was forever annoyed at how the thing just wouldn't fold up properly. I swear... ok...MAYBE I was transforming it wrong... but it was impossible to align.

This - this is truly perfect :)

Pete

Just a question, eugi... do you try to seal or protect your decals with anything after applying them on your Yammies? I'd put mine on, but Im worried about them getting damaged easily through light handling.

Sweet in-flight pics, eugi! :)

I have a question about those stands. Are the tips made of some kind of adhesive or something? I mean - or is it just that you have to get the jets onto something?

I've been thinking about getting stands - and those look like the best around - but how do they "work" ?

To add a bit more on how I approach "working" with the flexi's: I usually start by imagining how I'm gonna set up a pose. Then I adjust the rods to a position where I can get the stand to hold the correct pose and angle. In other words, I try to make the pose dictate how the flexi should be positioned; not allow the flexi to dictate how the pose should be.

Of course, there's a lot of futzing, repositioning, and using different parts of the plane to hold a particular pose or tweak an angle ever so slightly. I've found the ventral fins and the leg FP nozzles on a lot of the birds to be quite useful as a rod placement point. The flat underbelly of the FP'ed YF-21 with all its little nooks and crannies is also pretty flexi-friendly.

Additionally, using different lengths for each rod usually helps a bit when coming up with more dynamic poses. And different lengths are absolutely essential if you're gonna attempt any battroid poses.

In any case, less words, more pictures:

Well, well. Look what decided to pop up out of its foxhole. . .must suck to be you. :ph34r:

gallery_3595_72_167435.jpg

Blackjack: Alright, Old Man. The -19's MINE. . . "superior plane" my ass.

Stealth: Fine, I'll take out the -11. . . bringing a bloody bayonet to an Itano circus.

gallery_3595_72_142388.jpg

Well shoot, if we had some more enemy mechas, we wouldn't have to resort to fighting amongst ourselves. :D

Besides, Millia and Nora are liable to kill the snot out of anyone not named Max or Ivanov that tries to get a little "frisky" with them! So, our poor Valks need to get some pent-up aggression out. :huh::lol:

Well shoot, if we had some more enemy mechas, we wouldn't have to resort to fighting amongst ourselves. :D

Besides, Millia and Nora are liable to kill the snot out of anyone not named Max or Ivanov that tries to get a little "frisky" with them! So, our poor Valks need to get some pent-up aggression out. :huh::lol:

fair enough! :)

_DSC5863.jpg

_DSC5862.jpg

Edited by eugimon